Future Trunks' techniques

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SpaceKappa
Regular

Future Trunks' techniques

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:42 am

We all know future Trunks was trained by Gohan. Which moves do we see that he learned from him? I think I remember him using the Masenko once. Does he ever use the Kame Hame Ha or anything else?

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:44 am

I don't believe Trunks ever used the Kamehameha, but he did use the Masenko in Movie 8 (along side present-time Gohan) and I believe there was an anime scene where Trunks might have used it with Future Gohan against the Androids, but I may have just made that one up. :?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:18 am

As far as the Manga goes, Trunks never really uses...any of Gohan's techniques. I think most of what Gohan taught him was controlling his body and Ki, and basic martial arts. The rest seems self taught.

t-bone135
Beyond Newbie
Location: Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down. . .

Post by t-bone135 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:59 am

That's what I recall as well looking back to the Trunks TV special. He either wasn't taught them or he made up his own IMO. As Socar said, though, Trunks distinctively used the masenko against Brolly in movie 8. That doesn't say much though seeing as that is a movie.
Best. Slip 'n' slide. EVER!

Come read my fan-fiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tbone135

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:23 pm

The only non-basic technique the daizenshuu credits him as being taught by Gohan is the Masenko, though we only see it used in movie 8. I think he made them all himself. Also, Goku died before teaching Gohan the Kamehameha, so it's impossible for Gohan to have taught it to Trunks.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Socar15
Beyond Newbie

Post by Socar15 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:48 am

I agree with everything said above, but I'd just like to point out that from a purely manga standpoint, it is at least POSSIBLE that during the 20 (or something like that) some years that Future Gohan trained himself, that he did develop some techniques and that one of those could be the move we see Trunks use against Freeza and King Cold (what was it they called it in the video games, Finishing Buster or something like that?). Keep in mind that as far as the manga is concerned, we never see Future Gohan actually fight the Androids, therefore we don't know what he knew, and what he might have taught Trunks. The Trunks History manga part is just too short to really come to any solid conclusions concerning this (and of course I don't want to discredit the idea that Trunks could have developed his own techniques).

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:32 am

mi tecnica favorita de trunks fue con la que destrozo a freezer despues de cortarlo con su espada.
http://universosaiyajin.com/FIRMAS/firmayamcha.gif

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:20 am

Anything is really possible in this kind of situation. Gohan could have taught himk everything he knew or nothing at all.

I'd like to think that Gohna taught him a few useful tactics if anything considering Goku would have died either right before or right after Trunks birth and that would clear out 13 years for Gohan to teach Trunks several techniques.

Alos, it's been mentioned that Trunk isn't seen using the Kamehameha but instinct tells me that Gohan may have known it. Goku picked up the technique after watching it just once and I'm sure that over the 9-10 years Goku was with Gohan he may have put some influence on this. Just a thought :)