Could have 22nd WMAT Tien easily won the 21st WMAT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Could have 22nd WMAT Tien easily won the 21st WMAT?

Post by Angelus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:16 am

Let's say Tien joined the 21st WMAT but was just as powerful as his 22nd WMAT self, who among the 8 finalists would he be able to 1-hit-KO? Manga-wise, not in the anime.

Bacterian?
Giran?
Goku? (No Great Ape form)
Yamcha?
Krillin?
Ranfan?
Jackie Chun?
Nam?
Last edited by Angelus on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Could have 22nd WMAT Tenshinhan easily won the 21st WMAT

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 am

All of them.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:30 am

The series wasn't all about battle powers back then. Battle powers only represent ki level, and Popo/Kami was the one who truly trained all of them in how to utilize it properly. So I'm not sure if he could KO Roshi in one hit, but he'd definitely win with minimum effort.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:40 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:All of them.
Well, Ranfan for sure but Giran, Nam, and Bacterian aren't to be underestimated... they did survive several hits from Goku and Krillin. To which Goku said to Krillin earlier, to only go full power in the finals.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:44 am

Angelus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:All of them.
Well, Ranfan for sure but Giran, Nam, and Bacterian aren't to be underestimated... they did survive several hits from Goku and Krillin. To which Goku said to Krillin earlier, to only go full power in the finals.
There's a huge difference between the 21st and 22nd Budokai participants.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:11 am

Tenshinhan would be able to one hit everyone- even Roshi, most likely. His speed and strength would be way higher than everyone elses.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:32 am

Even Yamcha would be able to one-shot everyone at the 21st Budokai. The difference is huge. It's like trying to compare the Z-fighters at the Nappa fight to their powers at the 23rd Budokai. Tao Paipai should easily be capable of killing everyone here in one hit, going by his feats against Bora (who showed himself to be more durable than post-21st Goku, who was slightly stronger than 21st Budokai Goku) and Blue (who was stronger than everyone but Goku and Chun, and who Tao killed with one strike from his fucking tongue). That same Tao is trash to everyone by the 22nd Budokai.

A point blank 12 gauge shotgun blast to the face would kill anyone at the 21st Budokai. So would a single shot from a military issue rifle at any practical range, in all likelihood.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 am

Wait... so Bora is 21st WMAT Goku level?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 am

Angelus wrote:Wait... so Bora is 21st WMAT Goku level?
Maybe not, but its true that Tao Pai Pai easily defeated a Goku that was slightly stronger than 21st tournament Goku, and would have killed him if Goku's Dragon Ball hadn't saved him. And then Goku easily defeated Tao Pai Pai. And then trained three years for the tournament and still managed to shock everybody with his level at the tournament, even though they knew how strong he was three years before. So, yeah, there's a very big difference between the two tournaments.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:37 am

Angelus wrote:Wait... so Bora is 21st WMAT Goku level?
He should be stronger, going by how they both perform against bullets.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Bacterian and Ranfan were gimmicks. They would be one shot. Yamcha would also have been one shot, considering that J.Chun one shotted him too.

Krillin, Giran and Nam, he could one shot, but he wouldn't. It would be the cliche where he plays with them up to the point where they do something he doesn't expect, likely something that would send him flying or critical injure-then he would turn around and end the fight.

No matter what Tenshinhan would do, he would not be able to one shot J.Chun or Goku. They would always have one final strategy, one final technique to prolong the match-It's frankly due to plot armor. Tenshinhan would also likely lose to Goku. He sees Goku turning into a Great Ape, he may not have the composure to keep fighting, or would be one shotted himself the moment he charged Goku to attack.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:29 pm

The outcome would have been exactly the same because Kame Sen'nin surrendered to Tenshinhan when he realized Goku and Kuririn couldn't beat him and weren't going to win the tournament/develop massive egos.

If you want to ignore that, Tenshinhan probably could have beat Kame Sen'nin, but not "easily."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:31 pm

B wrote:The outcome would have been exactly the same because Kame Sen'nin surrendered to Tenshinhan when he realized Goku and Kuririn couldn't beat him and weren't going to win the tournament/develop massive egos.

If you want to ignore that, Tenshinhan probably could have beat Kame Sen'nin, but not "easily."
Apparently Tenshinhan was somehow weaker than Tao Paipai.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Tenshinhan could probably one shot the tourney. He's much stronger than Tao Pai Pai who pretty much owned the crap out of 21st tourney Goku. Though if Goku goes Oozaru, Tenshinhan gets stomped unless he somehow figures out Oozaru Goku's weakness.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Besides Oozaru Goku and maybe Roshi's Lightning attack Ten barely breaks a sweat and would be champion here as well.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Tenshinhan could probably one shot the tourney.
Though if Goku goes Oozaru, Tenshinhan gets stomped unless he somehow figures out Oozaru Goku's weakness.
Character wise, he (like everyone else in DB!) likes to draw things out, but even so his earlier matches will probably be finished quicker than they would have been, making it take even longer for the full moon to appear.

The Oozaru is the once chance, but it would be too early.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Wait... so Bora is 21st WMAT Goku level?

Most likely, he brushed off machine gun fire and was strong enough to throw two people with one arm well above the clouds.