How strong was Fat Buu upon hatching?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How strong was Fat Buu upon hatching?

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 pm

When Fat Buu finally hatches, he's not at his full strength. It takes him two powerups (to fight Dabura, and fight Vegeta) before he really becomes unstoppable.

What do you think his power level before was? Stronger than Piccolo? Stronger than SSJ Goku?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: How strong was Fat Buu upon hatching?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Right after hatching? The power he displayed had to have at least been below SSJ Gohan.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:40 pm

What makes you say that?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 am

mAcChaos wrote:What makes you say that?
The fact that Gohan wasn't worried about him, and Vegeta said that he was nothing special when he sensed him.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 am

Then that would make him Cell Games SSJ Future Trunks level then?

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:21 am

mAcChaos wrote:When Fat Buu finally hatches, he's not at his full strength. It takes him two powerups (to fight Dabura, and fight Vegeta) before he really becomes unstoppable.

What do you think his power level before was? Stronger than Piccolo? Stronger than SSJ Goku?
Stronger than SSJ2 Gohan but weaker than SSJ2 Goku and Majin Vegeta.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:26 am

Angelus wrote:Then that would make him Cell Games SSJ Future Trunks level then?
I don't see any reason to get that specific. Lower than Gohan is all we can really know.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:41 am

Buu clearly powers up by getting angry and releasing steam - presumably this inner power is the original Pure/Kid Buu power which is being restricted by the Dai Kaioshin fusion - and then later when he gets too angry the power is too much to be contained and comes out in smoke which forms into the emaciated Evil Buu. Super Buu then has the full power of Evil Buu (or Pure Buu's power) plus the power of Good Buu who is locked inside. That Good Buu is at the same level as when he hatched right?

If so, shouldn't the Good Buu that's left logically be weaker than Vegeta SS2? He seems to do a lot better than Vegeta against Pure Buu, but then again, Pure Buu could have been holding back like he was against Vegeta. If he's equivalent to the hatched Buu then he should be weaker than Vegeta.

The other possibility is that not all of the power that makes Pure Buu got sent into the Evil Buu apparition, so Good Buu still has a little bit of the bad energy in, enough to make him stronger than when he hatches still and thus stronger than Vegeta. This theory would also imply that Pure Buu was weaker than he could have been.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:47 am

Regarder wrote:Buu clearly powers up by getting angry and releasing steam - presumably this inner power is the original Pure/Kid Buu power which is being restricted by the Dai Kaioshin fusion - and then later when he gets too angry the power is too much to be contained and comes out in smoke which forms into the emaciated Evil Buu. Super Buu then has the full power of Evil Buu (or Pure Buu's power) plus the power of Good Buu who is locked inside. That Good Buu is at the same level as when he hatched right?

If so, shouldn't the Good Buu that's left logically be weaker than Vegeta SS2? He seems to do a lot better than Vegeta against Pure Buu, but then again, Pure Buu could have been holding back like he was against Vegeta. If he's equivalent to the hatched Buu then he should be weaker than Vegeta.

The other possibility is that not all of the power that makes Pure Buu got sent into the Evil Buu apparition, so Good Buu still has a little bit of the bad energy in, enough to make him stronger than when he hatches still and thus stronger than Vegeta. This theory would also imply that Pure Buu was weaker than he could have been.
My explanation is that Fat Buu powers up immensely right before he splits. He does the whole "steaming" thing he does when he powers up, and being made of the same "parts" as Super Buu, he should theoretically have the same maximum power. So, the grey Buu and Mr. Buu would be a split of that power, which would be equal to Super Buu, not the power that Fat Buu demonstrated against SSJ3 Goku.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:53 am

Don't forget that the power of South Kaioshin fits in there as well.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:57 am

singsing wrote:Don't forget that the power of South Kaioshin fits in there as well.
What about it?
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:14 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: My explanation is that Fat Buu powers up immensely right before he splits. He does the whole "steaming" thing he does when he powers up, and being made of the same "parts" as Super Buu, he should theoretically have the same maximum power. So, the grey Buu and Mr. Buu would be a split of that power, which would be equal to Super Buu, not the power that Fat Buu demonstrated against SSJ3 Goku.
The way the steaming up occurs for Fat Buu getting stronger, and then the steam actually becoming another Buu makes me think it's for the same reason.

You see, I thought the power up was Evil Buu/grey Buu, and Fat Buu couldn't contain the bad side at that level so this time all the "steam" (same magic stuff that makes him at the beginning) becomes the bad Buu and escapes.
Don't forget that the power of South Kaioshin fits in there as well.
You're right.

If the power of SK went into Good Buu that would explain him being stronger (though he doesn't have to be; Pure Buu could have been holding back. Evil Buu certainly seems to beat up Good Buu quicker.). Actually though, it's really weird. When Fat Buu is removed, Super Buu becomes bulky Buu, but it's only a residual thing, because it goes away and he becomes Pure Buu. Where did South Kaioshin's power go?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:12 am

mAcChaos wrote:When Fat Buu finally hatches, he's not at his full strength. It takes him two powerups (to fight Dabura, and fight Vegeta) before he really becomes unstoppable.

Gohan said he could beat Buu, if he unleashed his true strength, but didn't say his power was enough as it was at that time. Vegeta said both he and Goku were more powerful than Majin Buu.
So upon release Majin Buu was stronger than Gohan, but weaker than Goku and Vegeta.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Technically I guess he's as strong as he is at full power since he always had his full power on him.

His first reading though was below Gohan's full power at the time as Gohan believed he could manage
Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P3.5-7
Context: after Kaioshin says they must run from Boo
Gohan: “…Is that so?...He really does have tremendous ki, but…It doesn’t seem like so much so that there’s nothing I can do…[ ] …If I can only put out all of my true power…”
So I guess we could say he's above Gohan unless Gohan puts forth his true power. Though maybe he can't even do that as he can't draw into rage.
Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P4.6, P5.4-6
Goku: “It’s a ki…! A huge ki has appeared…! Majin Boo has finally come out…”
Vegeta: “Fuffuffuh…Majin Boo, huh?...Here I was wondering what kind of amazing guy he would be, and he’s got this kind of battle power number?...I thought so…Kakarot, you and I have now become too strong…By a wide margin! By his nature, Kaioshin is supposed to be someone tremendous, but have you ever once thought that he was incredible? Quite the opposite, it's Kaioshin who’s been bewildered…Majin Boo is fearsome from Kaioshin’s perspective, but from ours he’s not so much…”
Goku: “N-no…That’s not it…There’s something abnormal about this ki...”
Below Goku and Vegeta.
Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P7.6
Dabra: “I don’t know why, but it seems we failed…I thought [Boo] had finally appeared, but it’s just some stupid-looking raw garbage, without brains or power…”
Seems below Dabura too from his first reading, if he can read power.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:25 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So I guess we could say he's above Gohan unless Gohan puts forth his true power. Though maybe he can't even do that as he can't draw into rage.
That makes me wonder if SSJ2 Gohan with his rage would be stronger than Goku and Vegeta at SSJ2.

But yeah, Fat Buu, unlike Cell and Freeza who had to change forms, always had his full power. He was just lazy and never used it unless he got riled up.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 pm

mAcChaos wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:So I guess we could say he's above Gohan unless Gohan puts forth his true power. Though maybe he can't even do that as he can't draw into rage.
That makes me wonder if SSJ2 Gohan with his rage would be stronger than Goku and Vegeta at SSJ2.

But yeah, Fat Buu, unlike Cell and Freeza who had to change forms, always had his full power. He was just lazy and never used it unless he got riled up.
Chapter: 452 (DBZ 258), P1.1-4
Goku: “Gohan, it’s your turn next, but have you trained properly?”
Vegeta: “Unfortunately, it seems he got carried away in peace and didn’t do any significant training. Our powers are higher than his now…Though I suppose there’s no telling what would happen if he snapped and went into a frenzy… ”
Well according to Vegeta it's possible he could still be stronger if he got into a frenzy. So perhaps.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Gohan is kind of like Buu in that regard. All that power sitting untapped until he gets angry.

I suppose that means Gohan's SSJ2 angry power would be tapping into the same pool of power that he does after his Mystic upgrade.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:50 pm

mAcChaos wrote:Gohan is kind of like Buu in that regard. All that power sitting untapped until he gets angry.

I suppose that means Gohan's SSJ2 angry power would be tapping into the same pool of power that he does after his Mystic upgrade.
No I doubt that. His potential unlocked was far far beyond what his hidden power was capable of. He'd only be able to reach a lower level of potential.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I think Fat Buu was suppressing his power when he first awoke. Initially, Goku/Vegeta/Gohan weren't overly impressed with his power--but when Buu attacked Dabra with an eye-gouge+kick combo, he tapped into the deep reservoir of power he was hiding without even formally powering up(he didn't expel any steam prior to this), and a flabbergasted Gohan suddenly realized what he was up against:
Gohan: "Boo's chi suddenly shot way up! His power is absolutely incredible!"
Goku made note of Buu's enormous power increase as well, and this time Vegeta wasn't nearly as confident with himself:
Goku: "His power increased incredibly... This Boo is no joke. Vegeta, we can't waste time fighting... We're the one's who let him loose!"
Vegeta: ". . ."
Soon thereafter, Goku implied that it would take both he AND Vegeta teaming up to defeat Fat Buu, based on the power he'd just sensed:
Goku: "We can beat him if we work together!"

So imo, 'newborn' Fat Buu was > SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta/Gohan individually, but would have lost to a team-up of SSJ2 Goku+SSJ2 Majin Vegeta, had he not formally powered up/expelled steam.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:55 am

Galan007 wrote:I think Fat Buu was suppressing his power when he first awoke. Initially, Goku/Vegeta/Gohan weren't overly impressed with his power--but when Buu attacked Dabra with an eye-gouge+kick combo, he tapped into the deep reservoir of power he was hiding without even formally powering up(he didn't expel any steam prior to this),
What do you mean? Fat Buu did let off steam before fighting Dabra :eh: