So was Freeza really the strongest in the universe?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: So was Freeza really the strongest in the universe?

Post by precita » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:54 am

So due to the new movies we know Freeza was aware of Buu and Beerus. So he even said he was the strongest in the universe when he knew there were at least two people out there stronger than he was. Secondly he obviously didn't know about Dabura as he's from a Demon World.

If you want to count movies:

1. Freeza probably considered himself stronger than his brother. He probably didn't know Cooler's power

2. The Androids of course were unknown to anyone outside of Earth.

3. Broly was largely unknown. Freeza didn't even know another Saiyan survived.

4. Bojack was sealed away by the Kai's possibly millions of years before Freeza's time.

5. Janemba and Movie 13 villain largely the same, sealed away.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:43 am

Freeza was the strongest guy in the mortal universe. The Kaioshin and Beerus are gods, Dabura is the king of the Demon Realm, and Boo is an anceint evil monster who's been sealed away for 5 million years. Those are the only guys who outclass him before the Super Saiyans, Super Namekian, Androids, and Cell show up. King Cold has been stated to be inferior to his son on multiple occasions, and there's no evidence that Pui Pui or Yakon are on Freeza's level. In fact, based on their performances against Goku and Vegeta, and how Beerus says that Goku couldn't beat Freeza without Super Saiyan, I'd say that none of Babidi's fighters (aside from Dabura) even come close to Freeza in terms of power. Why Babidi didn't make Freeza one of his minions? Because Toriyama doesn't plan ahead. I'm not counting filler characters or movie characters for obvious reasons.
Last edited by DanielSSJ on Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:15 am

Yakon or Pocus are both nowhere near as Freeza,Yakon was barely keeping up with Base Goku while Pocus cant even land a single hit on Base Vegeta.The only people that are stronger than Freeza before the Freeza Saga are Dabra,Beerus,Kaioshin and Whis and that myterious 5th fighter in the Champa tournament and Majin Buu is being sealed,Beerus is in long slumber and Freeza didnt seem to know that Whis is stronger than Beerus and i doubt Freeza know Kaioshin or Dabra.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Back then,yep he was since beerus and majin buu didnt exist yet ^^.

Currently,well he was lying.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:05 pm

It kind of makes sense with the movies as well because as what I said, all the movie villains were sealed away too. Nobody knew about Bojack because he was sealed away by the Kai's millions of years ago. Broly's power was also surpressed by his father.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:26 pm

precita wrote:
If you want to count movies:

1. Freeza probably considered himself stronger than his brother. He probably didn't know Cooler's power
I think he did. Freeza probably never want to admit that his big brother is stronger then him. It's common for other siblings to be jealous of each other and refuse to admit it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:53 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:Freeza was the strongest guy in the mortal universe.
That could all change if the reveal of the strongest person Beerus has ever fought isn't a God. Because if Freeza's crazy jump in power in Resurrection F is anything to go by, mortals can keep with the Gods in terms strength.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Well we know that anyway because the Saiyans already far surpassed Supreme and Elder Kai in Z.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:51 am

Not that I think Pui Pui or Yakon are up to Freeza's strength, but even if I did, my personal head canon is that Babidi's magic made them especially long-lived, nigh eternal, so they could theoretically be hundreds of years old and dropped off from the radar of everyone else in the Universe, including the Kais and Freeza himself.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 pm

At the time in his universe, not including gods/kais, yes he was. I guess you could count buu, but he was sealed.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:53 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:Freeza was the strongest guy in the mortal universe. The Kaioshin and Beerus are gods, Dabura is the king of the Demon Realm, and Boo is an anceint evil monster who's been sealed away for 5 million years.
Case and point. Anyone stronger than him is either compromised or isolated. His being aware of Beerus is something of monkey wrench to his story, but the two are so disparate that it really doesn't mean much. You don't compare the "practical power" of the mob to enemy states with nuclear weapons.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:21 pm

What about this mysterious fighter that fought Beerus? From what we know as of now this person might not be a god. They said that he fought Beerus around 300 years before. So you think he was the strongest being in existence. If you don't count the Kai's, gods, and buu.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:43 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:What about this mysterious fighter that fought Beerus? From what we know as of now this person might not be a god. They said that he fought Beerus around 300 years before. So you think he was the strongest being in existence. If you don't count the Kai's, gods, and buu.
Well we know now he is weaker than Frieza, lol.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:43 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What about this mysterious fighter that fought Beerus? From what we know as of now this person might not be a god. They said that he fought Beerus around 300 years before. So you think he was the strongest being in existence. If you don't count the Kai's, gods, and buu.
When does he say that? The strongest one he fought is Whis and then Goku.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:50 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Um dude. Berserker1921 made that post in December 11, where Monaka's design and name has yet to be revealed. And where everyone has yet to know Beerus lied about Monaka being the "strongest" guy he ever fought.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:53 am

Khin wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
Um dude. Berserker1921 made that post in December 11, where Monaka's design and name has yet to be revealed. And where everyone has yet to know Beerus lied about Monaka being the "strongest" guy he ever fought.
Wow, i didnt see that. Its not my fault people are resurrecting dead topics.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Now that we know more. Frieza was the strongest in the known universe but in actuality it was like this. Canon and non cannon.

1.Beerus (not counting whis)
2. Hiedregan
3. Buu
4. Darbura/Bojack and his gang
5. Kaioshin, Pui Pui, Yokon
6. Cooler
7. Commonsome (if it consumed him)

Not including earths androids from 13-16. He was quite weak before his training. The only time he was techically strongest in the universe is when he actually trained. But back then he was quite pathetic.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:Now that we know more. Frieza was the strongest in the known universe but in actuality it was like this. Canon and non cannon.

1.Beerus (not counting whis)
2. Hiedregan
3. Buu
6. Cooler

Not including earths androids from 13-16. He was quite weak before his training. The only time he was techically strongest in the universe is when he actually trained. But back then he was quite pathetic.
Janemba is stronger than Hirudegarn.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:Now that we know more. Frieza was the strongest in the known universe but in actuality it was like this. Canon and non cannon.

1. Beerus (not counting whis)
2. Hiedregan
3. Buu
6. Cooler

Pui-Pui and Yakon are debatable. Actually, Pui Pui is definitely weaker than Freeza, seeing how an untransformed Vegeta wasted him with ease. Yakon is a bit unclear, but based on how Gohan thought that he and Goku could take him out without going Super Saiyan, I'd say that they're close to each other.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:Janemba is stronger than Hirudegarn.
Even so, he wouldn't count here since he wasn't even created until his first appearance. Berserker's list is of people and creatures who were already out there somewhere at the same time as Freeza.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!