Which Budoukai did Kame-Sennin win?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:48 pm

I definitely agree with you Liam about the plot in movie 4 not being the most original and ya, okay whistling isn't a very cool weapon, but judging from your expletive, you were definitely suprised! Ah yes, poor Gohan and his "bowl cut". I also feel deeply sorry for him. As for the strange Super Saiyajin transformation, I think Toei did it that way because at the time the movie came out, I don't think the tv. episodes where he first transformed had aired throughout all of Japan yet, so they didn't want the suprise of his actual appearance to be given away to those kids who hadn't yet seen it.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:41 am

But, then, why have him "transform" at all? It was just crazy.

Although now I am suddenly curious as to whether he gets "Super Saiyan eyes" during the transformation.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:48 am

I recall in movie 4, in his false SSJ transformation he doesn't have the cool 'SSJ' style eyes, but they are blank, making him look pretty evil...

Lots of people say they think his transformation in that movie was stupid, but I don't see why. It was pretty suprising, and really changed the pace of that fight. :lol:

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:00 am

Like all transformations in all the movies ever? Eh? EH?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:25 am

Yes of course, but it's the first and only time that the 'half' super saiyan transformation is used.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:55 pm

Hah, Psyliam, comic relief is right. Especially considering how Gohan got swung around by the tail by that no-name Coola henchman. As for Trunks, arent you referring to movie #7?

I really wish they wouldve used that false/demi SSJ more in the movie. You dont see an extremely pissed off Goku with no common sense on the loose too often.Anyway, does movie #4 prove that Kaio-sama doesnt really know what a SSJ looks like?

Another fun thing about movie #4, its not every day you see Piccolo rip off his ears.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:28 pm

Psyliam wrote:Aside from the giggling girl fan base, surely Vegita is the second most popular character from DBZ?
With what I've tended to see, Vegita certainly is in the Western world, especially since he seems to have a large giggling girl fan base as well. But I've always been told that in Japan at the time the series was running there, Trunks was no. #2, unless I've been mislead.