Does a saiyan tail go blonde in SS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Does a saiyan tail go blonde in SS?

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:If the fur goes blonde while they are in Ozaru form, it should change when they're not as well. Simple enough for me.
Yeah, but Super Saiyan & Golden Oozaru are not the same forms.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:18 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:If the fur goes blonde while they are in Ozaru form, it should change when they're not as well. Simple enough for me.
Yeah, but Super Saiyan & Golden Oozaru are not the same forms.
Are you implying the Golden Ozaru is not a Super Saiyan Ape form? I thought GT implied that if a Super Saiyan transformed into an Ozaru, that's what the outcome would be. Meaning Super Saiyan made all the hair gold colored. And it's generally been accepted that a Golden Ozaru is around 10x stronger than a regular Super Saiyan, or 500x base.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:22 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Yeah, but Super Saiyan & Golden Oozaru are not the same forms.
Sure, they could make up some quasi-science "Namekian enzyme" type explanation for why it stays brown in human form and goes blonde in ape form, but we're unlikely to get something like that at this point when they can't even keep the color they want to use consistent.

So I'm just taking the Occam's razor path here. It's an Ozaru that goes Super Saiyan. If going Super Saiyan while Ozaru turns the tail blonde, it should do so while in human form as well. One assumption, nice an easy.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:26 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Yeah, but Super Saiyan & Golden Oozaru are not the same forms.
Sure, they could make up some quasi-science "Namekian enzyme" type explanation for why it stays brown in human form and goes blonde in ape form, but we're unlikely to get something like that at this point when they can't even keep the color they want to use consistent.

So I'm just taking the Occam's razor path here. It's an Ozaru that goes Super Saiyan. If going Super Saiyan while Ozaru turns the tail blonde, it should do so while in human form as well. One assumption, nice an easy.
See that's why I just go with Super Oozaru being Super Saiyan 3 + Oozaru. 'Cause we've seen Super Saiyan 3 has a blonde tail.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:28 am

hleV wrote:Well, let's first acknowledge the fact that a Saiyan's tail fur (and Ozaru fur) is brown, as opposed to their black head hair color. So if a Saiyan's black hair turns blonde when going SS, it is not the same as a Saiyan's brown hair turning blonde, so it is not fair to say that "it makes more sense for the tail to go yellow than for it not to".
Well, I think Trunks is a good example of how the Super Saiyan transformation causes any colour hair to become golden, as his hair isn't black. Furthermore, if anything, brown hair contains less dark pigment than black hair, so if you've ever had any experience with peroxide, you'll know too well that black hair is much harder to turn blonde, so the idea that a Saiyan tail being brown could somehow prevent it from being effected by the transformation aura is in-congruent to say the least.
hleV wrote:In short, there is absolutely nothing to go by.
Well, we sort of do - as it has been outlined above that eyebrow hair, which is follicularly different to scalp hair, is effected by the transformation. So even if you discount the mass of official third party material (albeit not Toriyama's) that shows that the tail turns golden, I think there's more than enough to go on to arrive at the conclusion that it's perfectly logical that tail hair, along with any other bodily hair, would be effected.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:38 am

Blade wrote:
hleV wrote:Well, let's first acknowledge the fact that a Saiyan's tail fur (and Ozaru fur) is brown, as opposed to their black head hair color. So if a Saiyan's black hair turns blonde when going SS, it is not the same as a Saiyan's brown hair turning blonde, so it is not fair to say that "it makes more sense for the tail to go yellow than for it not to".
Well, I think Trunks is a good example of how the Super Saiyan transformation causes any colour hair to become golden, as his hair isn't black. Furthermore, if anything, brown hair contains less dark pigment than black hair, so if you've ever had any experience with peroxide, you'll know too well that black hair is much harder to turn blonde, so the idea that a Saiyan tail being brown could somehow prevent it from being effected by the transformation aura is in-congruent to say the least.
hleV wrote:In short, there is absolutely nothing to go by.
Well, we sort of do - as it has been outlined above that eyebrow hair, which is follicularly different to scalp hair, is effected by the transformation. So even if you discount the mass of official third party material (albeit not Toriyama's) that shows that the tail turns golden, I think there's more than enough to go on to arrive at the conclusion that it's perfectly logical that tail hair, along with any other bodily hair, would be effected.
Thanks man, this was the sort of deduction I was looking for.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Are you implying the Golden Ozaru is not a Super Saiyan Ape form? I thought GT implied that if a Super Saiyan transformed into an Ozaru, that's what the outcome would be. Meaning Super Saiyan made all the hair gold colored. And it's generally been accepted that a Golden Ozaru is around 10x stronger than a regular Super Saiyan, or 500x base.
Golden Oozaru is definitely a mix of SS & Oozaru, but I don't believe it's just "Super Saiyan + Oozaru". If that was true, we would have stuff like Golden Oozaru Grade 2, or Golden Oozaru 3.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 am

Hair is hair, it wouldn't make sense for the tail to stay the same.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Even though its often ignored, it makes no sense for it not to be gold as well. SSJ3 Goku had it right in the baby fight but it was ignored every other time.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.