Who are the top 5 possible strongest characters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Who are the top 5 possible strongest characters?

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 pm

BOG is a load too, yet you included that. Anyway, Gohan isn't #5 if you count BOG. Super Buu is.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:12 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:BOG is a load too, yet you included that. Anyway, Gohan isn't #5 if you count BOG. Super Buu is.
Don't see how BOG is a load. Why is he not #5? And how does Evil Boo factor into this?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Hitiro wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:BOG is a load too, yet you included that. Anyway, Gohan isn't #5 if you count BOG. Super Buu is.
Don't see how BOG is a load. Why is he not #5? And how does Evil Boo factor into this?
Buuhan's stronger than Gohan. Since everyone seems to be including fusions, there's really no reason to discount Buu.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Boo is the strongest possible, because he can absorb whoever would be the most powerful.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Saiga wrote:Boo is the strongest possible, because he can absorb whoever would be the most powerful.
Not necessarily. We don't know how Buu would react to Whis, Beerus, or Godku's god ki. For all we know, they're as incompatible as Dai Kaioshin, East Kaioshin, or Kibito are.

And if we're including all possible permutations of Buu, then we could go even further and say "Buu with everyone except one person absorbed Potara fused with some random guy he left out." Because that would be stronger than any absorption of Buu.

I don't see the point in this thread if we're going into the realm of hypothetical characters. Because you can always one-up practically anything if there are no limits on what can be used.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Wouldn't potara fusions among Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis pretty much take all 5 spots?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:28 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Wouldn't potara fusions among Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis pretty much take all 5 spots?
Nah, because then you could have a Buu that absorbed those fusions. And then a Cell that absorbed that Buu. And then that Cell potara fused with an alternate reality SSJG Vegetto. And then you could have a Super 17 that absorbed that Cell fusion. And so on, and so forth.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Hitiro wrote:
It's at least as much of a load as GT. It's pretty hypocritical to condemn one and then include the other.

Super Buu is stronger than Gohan in his two strongest forms (Buutenks, Buuhan). Since you're including fusions anyway, he should be in the top five. Not Gohan.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Saiga wrote:Boo is the strongest possible, because he can absorb whoever would be the most powerful.
Not necessarily. We don't know how Buu would react to Whis, Beerus, or Godku's god ki. For all we know, they're as incompatible as Dai Kaioshin, East Kaioshin, or Kibito are.

And if we're including all possible permutations of Buu, then we could go even further and say "Buu with everyone except one person absorbed Potara fused with some random guy he left out." Because that would be stronger than any absorption of Buu.

I don't see the point in this thread if we're going into the realm of hypothetical characters. Because you can always one-up practically anything if there are no limits on what can be used.
Super Saiyan 4 God Baby Majin Atrocious Kaio-Ken Super Buu [Super Saiyan 4 God Gogetto absorbed] [Everyone else absorbed] [Elder Kaioshin's Power-Up] [Guru's Power-Up] [Scouter] [Late].

The top five will remain unchanged, however:

1. Tori-Bot
2. Mr. Satan (your tricks won't work on him)
3. LSS Infinity Broly Is Maximum
4. Videl (born from Satan's mighty seed)
5. Base Goku
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:05 am

Vegetto is the strongest, because the more they wank Goku (and they will never stop wanking Goku), the stronger Vegetto becomes.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:17 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Wouldn't potara fusions among Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, and Whis pretty much take all 5 spots?
Nah, because then you could have a Buu that absorbed those fusions. And then a Cell that absorbed that Buu. And then that Cell potara fused with an alternate reality SSJG Vegetto. And then you could have a Super 17 that absorbed that Cell fusion. And so on, and so forth.
Throw in other dimensions and time travel and it never ends :shock:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 am

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto is the strongest, because the more they wank Goku (and they will never stop wanking Goku), the stronger Vegetto becomes.
Not until they reveal that Vegeta held back Goku's power in that fusion.

Well, GT might've already done that by having Goku be stronger than Vegetto.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 am

Saiga wrote:Well, GT might've already done that by having Goku be stronger than Vegetto.
GT Goku's not stronger than Vegetto, though. SS4 Goku is AT BEST roughly equal to Super Vegetto's fuckin' around level against Gohan-Buu.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:It's at least as much of a load as GT. It's pretty hypocritical to condemn one and then include the other.
Not really.
RandomGuy96 wrote:Super Buu is stronger than Gohan in his two strongest forms (Buutenks, Buuhan). Since you're including fusions anyway, he should be in the top five. Not Gohan.
I left Boohan out because Evil Boo doesn't exist anymore. He isn't a "possible" character anymore. I would not include Pure Boo in a possible strongest list any more either considering he doesn't exist any more either. I suppose if we're talking possibilities then it would make sense that SSJG Gohan would be an interesting strength.
Saiga wrote:Well, GT might've already done that by having Goku be stronger than Vegetto.
The GT Perfect files has SSJ Vegetto as strong as SSJ4 Goku.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

Hitiro wrote:SSJ Vegetto as strong as SSJ4 Goku.
Additionally, it is Super Saiyan 4 Kakarot from Baby saga to be more precisely. Super Saiyan 4 Kakarot from the Evil Dragons saga is way more powerful than that Vegeto.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Super Buu & Bebi have the most potential since they can keep getting stronger by absorbing/infecting people. There's no limit to how powerful they can become. An argument could be made that Android 19 & Super 17 have unlimited potential due to their energy absorption ability, but to me they are like balloons, if you give them too much air they'll eventually pop.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Super Baby 1 says he has the greatest saiyan power, and Goku calls Super Baby 1 the greatest ki he ever felt.

So Super Baby 1 > Super Vegetto

Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Deathbringer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:07 pm

And now for something completely wrong (well most people will see it as wrong but off the top of my head these are the strongest characters I can think of)

Excluding non-canon characters and also transformations/fusions to make this easier

1) Whis
2) Beerus
3) Goku
4) Kid Boo (Super Boo is only stronger when fused)
5) Vegeta (possibly stronger than Gohan due to his more constant training...I assume...does training even make a difference anymore? I am so confused right now :lol: )

Is Gohan stronger than Gotenks?
Is Pan stronger than everyone in her family?
Is Oob the strongest or was that a COMPLETE LIE?

And here I thought I knew a lot about Dragon Ball :oops: (I do admit to not really caring about the exact power level of each character at each point in the story though)

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Dyno wrote:
Hitiro wrote:SSJ Vegetto as strong as SSJ4 Goku.
Additionally, it is Super Saiyan 4 Kakarot from Baby saga to be more precisely. Super Saiyan 4 Kakarot from the Evil Dragons saga is way more powerful than that Vegeto.
I don't think it actually says which version of SSJ4 Goku, SSJ Vegetto was as strong as. It could be Bebi or the Evil Dragons saga. But it doesn't matter anyway, I think. Because there is no proof that Goku increased in strength between these arcs. He could still be the same strength he was when he went up against Bebi.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Baby 1 says he has the greatest saiyan power, and Goku calls Super Baby 1 the greatest ki he ever felt.

So Super Baby 1 > Super Vegetto
How is Goku supposed to feel his own Ki as Vegetto? I've never seen a character say "I can feel my Ki. It is superior to yours." All Goku's statement could mean is that Super Bebi 1 is stronger than Boohan. Because that would be the strongest Ki that Goku has ever felt before then.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Goten and Trunks knew how strong Gotenks was. No reason for Goku or Vegeta not to know how strong Vegetto is.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:31 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Goten and Trunks knew how strong Gotenks was. No reason for Goku or Vegeta not to know how strong Vegetto is.
It doesn't say "the greatest ki he knows of."

It says "the greatest ki he's ever felt."

Neither Goku or Vegeta ever felt Vegetto's ki.
Malik_DBNA wrote: