How strong is the "Saiyan Beyond God" Base Form?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: How strong is the "Saiyan Beyond God" Base Form?

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 am

Hitiro wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:Once again, the only thing that was ever specified is that Goku didn't notice his absorption of SSG. It was never once stated or even implied that Goku didn't notice going back into Super Saiyan. That makes no sense. He's so familiar with that form that he's always aware of tapping into it. You're literally just making this part up.
No, Beerus told Goku that he had lost SSJGod. Goku was surprised that he had lost the form. If he was unaware that he had lost the form then why would he be aware that he was a SSJ? Because it would be obvious if he was aware of himself turning into a SSJ that he had lost the SSJGod form. My simple process of elimination we should be able to tell that if he doesn't know he lost the SSJGod form then he must not know he turned SSJ during the fight. Otherwise he should know that he has lost the SSJGod form.
That makes absolutely no sense. It does not logically follow from Goku being previously unaware that he absorbed SSG that he must also be unaware that he went back into SS. This is nothing more than speculation, and unlikely speculation at that considering his sheer mastery of the SS form since the Cell saga.
"Insignificant" would suggest that his power is practically no different than what it was while he was a SSJGod. If he his battle power was 900 billion and he lost 1 unit from that 900 billion making it 899,999,999,999 then he is still as strong as SSJGod Goku(To the point that if Base Goku fought against SSJGod Goku it wouldn't make a difference).
No, insignificant just means that isn't a significant decrease in power, which isn't a very specific statement. And actually, as Birusu said in the post above mine, "insgnificant" wasn't the word he used anyway. The math you're using here is, again, just speculation.
We can't claim that without SSJGod he couldn't nullify the attack.
Except we can claim that, because he couldn't. "His friends did it for him" is once again speculation and you substituting baseless explanations for something that is actually quite simple - he couldn't nullify an attack previously that he was suddenly able to nullify with SSG.
We don't even know if the SSJ state in BoG even amplified the power of SSJGod.

I never claimed it did. The blue form is implied to tap into it, not amplify it.
Goku was only using 80% before Beerus made him take the fight seriously. The dialogue itself says that. So SSJGod Goku at 100% still doesn't match against 70% Beerus. It is highly possible that Beerus launched a Ki blast with more than 70% of his power at them when he was angry.
If I recall, Goku didn't make the 80% remark until after Beerus made the 70% declaration, which frustrated Beerus. Goku never surpassed 70% Beerus while in SSG form because he never went over 80% before the form expired.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:27 am

Marlowe89 wrote:That makes absolutely no sense. It does not logically follow from Goku being previously unaware that he absorbed SSG that he must also be unaware that he went back into SS. This is nothing more than speculation, and unlikely speculation at that considering his sheer mastery of the SS form since the Cell saga.
If Goku is unaware he lost the SSJGod form. Why would he be aware that he is in SSJ? That makes no sense. It isn't speculation. It is logic. If I know I'm a SSJ then I can't be a SSJGod. Now can I? You can't be aware of one without the other.
Marlowe89 wrote:
"Insignificant" would suggest that his power is practically no different than what it was while he was a SSJGod. If he his battle power was 900 billion and he lost 1 unit from that 900 billion making it 899,999,999,999 then he is still as strong as SSJGod Goku(To the point that if Base Goku fought against SSJGod Goku it wouldn't make a difference).
No, insignificant just means that isn't a significant decrease in power, which isn't a very specific statement. And actually, "insgnificant" wasn't the word he used anyway. The math you're using here is, again, just speculation.
The power drop was so small that it had literally no change on how the battle went. So given the scenario Goku should be able to hold his own against a SSJGod version of himself. The numbers were just an example of an insignificant change. I wasn't speculating how much he lost. We don't know how much his power dropped. But it wasn't anything that would affect how the fight went.
Marlowe89 wrote:Except we can claim that, because he couldn't. "His friends did it for him" is once again speculation and you substituting baseless explanations for something that is actually quite simple - he couldn't nullify an attack previously that he was suddenly able to nullify with SSG. This clearly demonstrates that his SSG form is more powerful than base.
No, we can't claim it because it is a matter of circumstance. You are speculating he couldn't do it without knowing why. Of course it is possible that Goku just literally couldn't do it. But you can't say he hadn't lost power over the course of the fight due to injury and stamina depletion. Because he lost SSJ during the prevention of the attack which suggests that he was running on empty. He may simply be unable to do it because he was too exhausted until the SSJGod form revitalised him.

We don't know why he couldn't put up a fight while still being relatively the same level as his SSJGod-self. So simply saying base Goku couldn't do it is as much a speculation as anything. As for "his friends did it for him" it isn't speculation, they all shout and a blue beam comes up from the planet and hits him, making him go SSJGod again. It wasn't he himself who initiated the transformation. There is the fact that in Zenkai Battle Royale there is a description for Goku re-initiating SSJGod which states it was his friends who did it.
Marlowe89 wrote:I never claimed it did. The blue form is implied to tap into it, not amplify it.
Where is it implied that it taps into it? Why would it not amplify the Ki like regular SSJ does?
Marlowe89 wrote:If I recall, Goku didn't make the 80% remark until after Beerus made the 70% declaration, which frustrated Beerus. Goku never surpassed 70% Beerus while in SSG form because he never went over 80% before the form expired.
No, you need to check the movie again. Beerus says "I have yet to fight at my full power" no declaration of 70% is ever made at that point. The 70% declaration is only made at the end of the movie by Whis. Goku fights Beerus for a short time before the SSJGod form is lost and he says "I'm being serious!" So I hardly think he wasn't using 100% after Beerus attacked him for saying he was only using 80%.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:55 am

If Goku is unaware he lost the SSJGod form. Why would he be aware that he is in SSJ? That makes no sense. It isn't speculation. It is logic. If I know I'm a SSJ then I can't be a SSJGod. Now can I? You can't be aware of one without the other.
He was previously unaware before Beerus told him, not constantly unaware. It does not logically follow that he transformed into SS without being aware of it. I have no idea what you're trying to say - losing and absorbing something isn't even remotely comparable to transfoming into something else.
No, we can't claim it because it is a matter of circumstance. You are speculating he couldn't do it without knowing why. Of course it is possible that Goku just literally couldn't do it. But you can't say he hadn't lost power over the course of the fight due to injury and stamina depletion. Because he lost SSJ during the prevention of the attack which suggests that he was running on empty. He may simply be unable to do it because he was too exhausted until the SSJGod form revitalised him.
Saying that he couldn't do it isn't speculation, it is a basic fact that was clearly shown in the film. I don't even know why you would dispute that - he tried to stop the blast, couldn't do it, regressed back into base after overexerting himself, and proceeded to stop it after going back into SSG.

The notion that SSG is even capable of revitalizing his stamina is utterly speculative. He was exhausted after the fight ended.
As for "his friends did it for him" it isn't speculation, they all shout and a blue beam comes up from the planet and hits him, making him go SSJGod again. It wasn't he himself who initiated the transformation. There is the fact that in Zenkai Battle Royale there is a description for Goku re-initiating SSJGod which states it was his friends who did it.
Even if that was the case, it does nothing to confirm that his friends suddenly spiked his actual energy back up. At best, it would only show that they helped him achieve SSG again, which he specifically needed to stop the giant ki ball.
Where is it implied that it taps into it? Why would it not amplify the Ki like regular SSJ does?
Regular SS doesn't amplify SSG's ki. We were explicitly shown this in BoG.
No, you need to check the movie again. Beerus says "I have yet to fight at my full power" no declaration of 70% is ever made at that point. The 70% declaration is only made at the end of the movie by Whis. Goku fights Beerus for a short time before the SSJGod form is lost and he says "I'm being serious!" So I hardly think he wasn't using 100% after Beerus attacked him for saying he was only using 80%.
[/quote]

I'll watch it again when I get home tonight, because it honestly seems that we're at an impasse. I'm pretty sure Beerus definitively suggests that base Goku isn't as powerful as SSG though, as Birusu noted earlier.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:He was previously unaware before Beerus told him, not constantly unaware. It does not logically follow that he transformed into SS without being aware of it. I have no idea what you're trying to say - losing and absorbing something isn't even remotely comparable to transfoming into something else.
How can you not be constantly unaware? That doesn't make sense. And why would it not make sense that he could go SSJ without being aware of it. The transformation is triggered by anger. He got angry. If he can lose a transformation and not be aware of it then he can gain a transformation and not be aware of it too. Because they are both opposites of the same side of the coin.

Honestly, how can he be aware that he has transformed into a SSJ while not being aware that he has lost the SSJGod form? That doesn't make sense. Let me break it down.

Scenario 1
Q: Are you a SSJGod?
A: I think so, yes.

Q: Are you a SSJ?
A: Yes I am. Oh wait, then how can I be a SSJGod?

Beerus: You lost SSJGod.
Goku: Well duh, I can't be a SSJGod if I know I am a SSJ. -Not surprised.-

Scenario 2

A: I don't think so

Goku: -Surprised.-

You can't be aware of one thing without being aware of the other.
Marlowe89 wrote:Saying that he couldn't do it isn't speculation, it is a basic fact that was clearly shown in the film. I don't even know why you would dispute that - he tried to stop the blast, couldn't do it, regressed back into base after overexerting himself, and proceeded to stop it after going back into SSG.
Saying he couldn't do it while he is at full power is speculation. Because he had been fighting Beerus all this time. There is nothing to suggest that he didn't lose power over the course of the fight because of damage and stamina loss. Also that huge Kamehameha at the end. Nothing says that Goku lost his SSJ form through overexerting either. It is as much speculation to say that he lost the form due to overexerting as it is for him not having enough stamina.
Marlowe89 wrote:The notion that SSG is even capable of revitalizing his stamina is utterly speculative. He was exhausted after the fight ended.
It is utterly speculative that it didn't revitalize him too. He looked exhausted well before the fight ended. He even had the classic "one eye half open" thing that he has when he is usually exhausted. And of course he is going to look exhausted after the fight after expending all of his power to negate the attack.
Marlowe89 wrote:Even if that was the case, it does nothing to confirm that his friends suddenly spiked his actual energy back up. At best, it would only show that they helped him achieve SSG again, which he specifically needed to stop the giant ki ball.
This may be the case but it may not be. You're stating that only SSJGod Goku could have stopped this. Which is as much a speculation as anything. For all we know his friends did spike his energy back up and base Goku could have stopped the attack on a full tank in just his base form.
Marlowe89 wrote:
Regular SS doesn't amplify SSG's ki. We were explicitly shown this in BoG.
You misunderstand. I'm saying why does this SSJ upgrade not amplify God Ki like the regular SSJ amplifies regular Ki. Not God Ki. I'm well aware that regular SSJ doesn't amplify God Ki. Why are you assuming that the upgraded SSJ only taps into Godly Ki? For all we know Goku and Vegeta purposely upgraded this so that the SSJ form is compatible with God Ki and thus amplifies it like the regular SSJ form amplifies regular Ki.
Marlowe89 wrote:I'll watch it again when I get home tonight, because it honestly seems that we're at an impasse. I'm pretty sure Beerus definitively suggests that base Goku isn't as powerful as SSG though, as Birusu noted earlier.
Beerus says that Goku absorbed the Ki and made it his own. That's why his power didn't drop drastically(in the translation I'm looking at). The fight suggests the power drop was negligible.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Hitiro wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:He was previously unaware before Beerus told him, not constantly unaware. It does not logically follow that he transformed into SS without being aware of it. I have no idea what you're trying to say - losing and absorbing something isn't even remotely comparable to transfoming into something else.
How can you not be constantly unaware? That doesn't make sense. And why would it not make sense that he could go SSJ without being aware of it. The transformation is triggered by anger. He got angry. If he can lose a transformation and not be aware of it then he can gain a transformation and not be aware of it too. Because they are both opposites of the same side of the coin.

Honestly, how can he be aware that he has transformed into a SSJ while not being aware that he has lost the SSJGod form? That doesn't make sense. Let me break it down.

Scenario 1

A: Yes I am. Oh wait, then how can I be a SSJGod?

Goku: Well duh, I can't be a SSJGod if I know I am a SSJ. -Not surprised.-

Scenario 2

A: I don't think so

Goku: -Surprised.-

You can't be aware of one thing without being aware of the other.
I'll concede on this point, I just remembered that Goku wasn't informed that he lost SSG until after he'd already transformed into SS. For some reason I was under the impression that he transformed after Beerus told him that he absorbed its power.

I'll respond to the other points after I rewatch the film. It doesn't seem like either of us are going anywhere since we're mostly reiterating the same points, and the only thing that can really clear it up is dialogue from both movies.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Is still thing that Goku was unaware that lost the form of Super Saiyan God until Beerus told him about it?

The movie it's pretty clear. Right before Goku lost the form he said that he had been becoming more and more serious until he transformed into a Super Saiyan(I think that was the top). He did not know what did he do in that moment. He maybe thought to use all his power(believing that he was still a Saiyan God) to catch Beerus by surprise. Beerus told him that his form has "run out some time ago". Goku was cheking himself out and realized that he has returned into his normal Super Saiyan form and being shocked he could only say(In jap dub): "Demo...?"= "But...?". So he was waiting for an explanation why he didn't notice that he has changed. And Beerus told his opinion... which was that his power had no significant decrease. The only vague thing is that Goku was able transform for the second time into his God form.(I'm aware of the Battle of Z explanation, but that wasn't confirmed by Toriyama too.)

So Saiyan God Goku(100%) >/= Super Saiyan Goku(God Ki)~ Base Goku(God power). This is what the film implies. Moreover, It was already confirmed by Toriyama that Goku no longer needs to transform into a God because he already has its power absorbed.

The Blue Super Saiyan form is the upgraded version of the Super Saiyan from BoG which allows Goku to tap into his improvements as a God. So I think the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form is the condition and the result of his improvement since BoG.(being that it changes his hair's and aura's color as a Super Saiyan)

So I think:

Base Goku(Saiyan Beyond God) </= Saiyan God Goku < Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan(I rather call it Godly Super Saiyan)

Saiyan God Goku: 6
Base Goku: 5.9
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku: 6-8(depends on how much improvement has Toriyama granted for Goku to reach through his training with Whis)
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Now that I have the movie fresh in my mind, I guess I can continue with this. I can never get tired of BoG, by the way. Excellent film.
Hitiro wrote:Saying he couldn't do it while he is at full power is speculation. Because he had been fighting Beerus all this time. There is nothing to suggest that he didn't lose power over the course of the fight because of damage and stamina loss. Also that huge Kamehameha at the end. Nothing says that Goku lost his SSJ form through overexerting either. It is as much speculation to say that he lost the form due to overexerting as it is for him not having enough stamina.
To the contrary, there was absolutely nothing to suggest that Goku lost any degree of power up until the point that his regular Super Saiyan transformation left him. The battle itself didn't last all that much longer after Goku absorbed SSG, and just before Beerus launched his big ball of death he was literally teleporting all around him when they were above the planet. He also seemed fine after his Kamehameha attack, and didn't show any noticeable signs of exhaustion until he reverted back into base. As far as overexertion goes, what I'm saying is exactly that - he exerted himself as much as he possibly could trying to push back Beerus' ball, which resulted in him losing strength and stamina as time progressed. The ball was clearly overpowering him, which would just wear him out faster than otherwise.

So, given that there was no visible indication that he was worn out until this specific point, and given that he certainly seemed to be at his fullest when the ball was first launched at the planet, the burden of proof would be entirely on you to demonstrate that he could actually nullify the attack without SSG - otherwise you're just being speculative as opposed to me simply going by what was seen in the movie.
It is utterly speculative that it didn't revitalize him too. He looked exhausted well before the fight ended. He even had the classic "one eye half open" thing that he has when he is usually exhausted. And of course he is going to look exhausted after the fight after expending all of his power to negate the attack.
It's not speculative because there was no indication that he was actually revitalized in the first place. Not only were Chi Chi and other non-warriors included in the big "encouragement" scene just before Goku reactivated SSG, nothing at all was said about contributing energy or stamina or anything of that nature. We see blue energy beginning to form under Goku when he re-enters SSG, but we never actually see it shoot out from the Earth as you claim. Again, the burden of proof is on you to show that SSG and/or encouragement from his friends magically brought him back to his fullest. There is nothing to suggest that, so it's not speculation at all on my end to claim that he wasn't revitalized. It is far more likely that the transformation itself pushed him to a level of power that he could negate the attack with enough effort.
You misunderstand. I'm saying why does this SSJ upgrade not amplify God Ki like the regular SSJ amplifies regular Ki. Not God Ki. I'm well aware that regular SSJ doesn't amplify God Ki. Why are you assuming that the upgraded SSJ only taps into Godly Ki? For all we know Goku and Vegeta purposely upgraded this so that the SSJ form is compatible with God Ki and thus amplifies it like the regular SSJ form amplifies regular K.
Because the phrasing of Goku's explanation of SSGSS doesn't implicitly suggest any sort of amplification by default. "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" happens to ALSO be a perfectly literal and accurate description for the SSG-absorbed golden form from BoG when taken at face value, so there's little reason to think that there's a functional difference between the two. At most, we can both speculate on why the hair color is different (and I personally think that's due to Goku's newfound mastery of God ki), but from a purely objective standpoint, the claim that Blueper Saiyan is anything beyond SS merely using the power of SSG is nothing more than conjecture.

Besides, SSGSS amplifying God ki in the same way that SS amplifies regular ki would mathematically make Goku and Vegeta stronger than Whis, which doesn't make a lot of sense. If it's stronger than SSG at all, I find it more probable that it's a sort of "fusion" of transformations as DBZGTKOSDH suggests, but that too is conjecture.
Beerus says that Goku absorbed the Ki and made it his own. That's why his power didn't drop drastically(in the translation I'm looking at). The fight suggests the power drop was negligible.
The fight suggests that it was negligible enough that Goku could continue giving Beerus a good fight, but it doesn't do anything to specify exactly how little power Goku lost. Beerus himself never fought at 100%, so this part of the debate is admittedly iffy either way. My point is simply that base Goku was never implied nor proven to be on the same level as the magenta SSG form.
Low Tone G wrote:Saiyan God Goku: 6
Base Goku: 5.9
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku: 6-8(depends on how much improvement has Toriyama granted for Goku to reach through his training with Whis)
That's reasonable. The difference between Goku's base and SSG forms could indeed be that slight, but he has more than likely improved since BoG through his training under Whis.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:To the contrary, there was absolutely nothing to suggest that Goku lost any degree of power up until the point that his regular Super Saiyan transformation left him. The battle itself didn't last all that much longer after Goku absorbed SSG, and just before Beerus launched his big ball of death he was literally teleporting all around him when they were above the planet. He also seemed fine after his Kamehameha attack, and didn't show any noticeable signs of exhaustion until he reverted back into base. As far as overexertion goes, what I'm saying is exactly that - he exerted himself as much as he possibly could while trying to push back Beerus' ball, which resulted in him losing strength and stamina as time progressed. The ball was clearly overpowering him, which would just wear him out faster than otherwise.
The only times a Saiyan have ever lost a SSJ transformation is either because they were exhausted or they were knocked out. Never overexertion. As I already said before there is something to suggest Goku lost power during that scene. The classic "one eye half open" thing that Goku does several times through the manga when he is exhausted. Even if you disagree that this doesn't suggest it. Nothing suggests the opposite either. So this is really a moot point. I can say that he was exhausted and you can say he overexerted himself, there would be nothing to suggest either if you don't think the "one eye half open" thing isn't viable. He may have seemed fine after launching the Kamehameha, but look at the times where Goku has poured a lot of power into his Kamehameha. When he did it against Freeza his battle power was said to have dropped. The same for when he did it against Cell. So the fact is even if he wasn't incredibly exhausted. He wasn't at 100% either.
Marlowe89 wrote:So, given that there was no visible indication that he was worn out until this specific point, and given that he certainly seemed to be at his fullest when the ball was first launched at the planet, the burden of proof would be entirely on you to demonstrate that he could actually nullify the attack without SSG - otherwise you're just being speculative as opposed to me simply going by what was seen in the movie.
I would find it weird that Goku could dish out a huge, fully charged, Kamehameha and still be at 100% given across the manga Goku has lost energy from doing it. There really is no burden on me. You equally have to convince me that Goku was at his full power when he took that attack in his SSJ form.
Marlowe89 wrote:It's not speculative because there was no indication that he was actually revitalized in the first place.
It is speculative because I can say the same thing. There is no indication that he wasn't actually revitalized. I don't see why it's speculation on my part when it can't be proved either way.
Marlowe89 wrote:Not only were Chi Chi and other non-warriors included in the big "encouragement" scene just before Goku reactivated SSG, nothing at all was said about contributing energy or stamina or anything of that nature.
Equally nothing was stated that they weren't contributing energy or stamina. So there is really no point in debating this. Because neither of us can say there is proof for our own sides.
Marlowe89 wrote:We see blue energy beginning to form under Goku when he re-enters SSG, but we never actually see it shoot out from the Earth as you claim.
What are you talking about? There is a blue beam shooting up and hitting Goku in the back from an off-camera source. It had to have come from somewhere. Look a frame-by-frame example:
If that didn't come from Earth I would like to know where it originated from.
Marlowe89 wrote:Again, the burden of proof is on you to show that SSG and/or encouragement from his friends magically brought him back to his fullest.
The burden of proof is on both of us. Unless you can provide proof that my claim is bogus then my claim is just as valid as yours. I don't see why all the burden is put onto me when there is no evidence to back your claim either. Look at it this way. If I need proof to back my claim then that means there isn't any proof to discredit it either. So if there is no proof to discredit it then your own opinion/claim is lacking proof as well. We wouldn't be having this discussion if your opinion/claim had proof. Because it would be obvious that you are correct.
Marlowe89 wrote:There is nothing to suggest that, so it's not speculation at all on my end to claim that he wasn't revitalized.
If there is no speculation on your end. Then give me evidence that SSJ Goku overexerted himself? Does Goku say "I've overexerted myself!"? How is this not speculating when there are no facts to prove your claim? You have as much speculation on the story as I have.
Marlowe89 wrote:It is far more likely that the transformation itself pushed him to a level of power that he could negate the attack with enough effort.
Well, this is your opinion. Correct? Then it is just speculation too. There are no facts proving this either so I don't see how this isn't based on speculation like mine is.
Marlowe89 wrote:Because the phrasing of Goku's explanation of SSGSS doesn't implicitly suggest any sort of amplification by default.
Why?
Marlowe89 wrote:"Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" happens to ALSO be a perfectly literal and accurate description for the SSG-absorbed golden form from BoG when taken at face value, so there's little reason to think that there's a functional difference between the two.
Kei17, a Japanese member on this forum, said "It's just Super Saiyan fused with Godly power." Not "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God." So I will take it at face value that it is just SSJ with Godly Ki. Because yours seems to suggest that this new upgraded SSJ is merely just Goku being as powerful as SSJGod. Whereas Kei17's definition of the form suggests SSJ is using the Godly Ki in some way.
Marlowe89 wrote:The fight suggests that it was negligible enough that Goku could continue giving Beerus a good fight, but it doesn't do anything to specify exactly how little power Goku lost. Beerus himself never fought at 100%, so this part of the debate is admittedly iffy either way. My point is simply that base Goku was never implied nor proven to be on the same level as the magenta SSG form.
And my point is that it is never implied, nor proven, that base Goku isn't on the same level as SSJGod. So it's up to you with what you believe. But unless you have hard evidence that base Goku isn't on the same level as SSJGod then my opinion is as valid as yours. And yours is also as speculative as mine.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Hitiro wrote:The only times a Saiyan have ever lost a SSJ transformation is either because they were exhausted or they were knocked out. Never overexertion. As I already said before there is something to suggest Goku lost power during that scene. The classic "one eye half open" thing that Goku does several times through the manga when he is exhausted. Even if you disagree that this doesn't suggest it. Nothing suggests the opposite either. So this is really a moot point. I can say that he was exhausted and you can say he overexerted himself, there would be nothing to suggest either if you don't think the "one eye half open" thing isn't viable. He may have seemed fine after launching the Kamehameha, but look at the times where Goku has poured a lot of power into his Kamehameha. When he did it against Freeza his battle power was said to have dropped. The same for when he did it against Cell. So the fact is even if he wasn't incredibly exhausted. He wasn't at 100% either.
I think you're misinterpreting my point. By "overexertion", I'm specifically referring to how much strength Goku pours into his attacks, struggles, and so on. You're using the exact same reasoning for your argument. That is by its very definition a precursor for exhaustion, and I don't recall Goku having one eye half open just before he was about to face Beerus' giant attack considering that he looked perfectly fine and able when he prepared himself to hold off the ki ball. Moreover, Goku has used full-power Kamehameha attacks on several occasions with there being no comment or implication of stamina depletion - obviously, there are more variables to this kind of thing than just ki consumption. A particularly important one is the duration of the fight, and it honestly wasn't that long or dragged out after SSG was absorbed.
I would find it weird that Goku could dish out a huge, fully charged, Kamehameha and still be at 100% given across the manga Goku has lost energy from doing it. There really is no burden on me. You equally have to convince me that Goku was at his full power when he took that attack in his SSJ form.
I really don't, because I'm not the one positing an explanation for why Goku could accomplish something in SSG that he couldn't previously do before - that was directly and clearly shown, and I've also made no claims that he was mathematically at 100%. You ARE positing an alternative explanation other than what was presented; ergo, the burden of proof is completely on you. And so far, your argument isn't convincing in the least.
It is speculative because I can say the same thing. There is no indication that he wasn't actually revitalized. I don't see why it's speculation on my part when it can't be proved either way.

Equally nothing was stated that they weren't contributing energy or stamina. So there is really no point in debating this. Because neither of us can say there is proof for our own sides.

The burden of proof is on both of us. Unless you can provide proof that my claim is bogus then my claim is just as valid as yours. I don't see why all the burden is put onto me when there is no evidence to back your claim either. Look at it this way. If I need proof to back my claim then that means there isn't any proof to discredit it either. So if there is no proof to discredit it then your own opinion/claim is lacking proof as well. We wouldn't be having this discussion if your opinion/claim had proof. Because it would be obvious that you are correct.
You appear to have a severe lack of knowledge on how the burden of proof works. I didn't bring revitalization into the argument. You did, and I responded by explaining that the film itself doesn't even slightly indicate that Goku was revitalized. The problem is that you're positing an alternative explanation for an occurrence and then demanding that I "prove" that your explanation is wrong even though it's completely unfounded and doesn't have a lick of evidence to support it. This is intellectually dishonest. Asking someone to prove a negative is a known logical fallacy.

Conversely, I'm not positing anything other than what we were actually presented with. We were shown that Goku couldn't stop Beerus' attack before re-entering SSG. We were also shown that he could stop Beerus' attack after re-entering SSG. Therefore, SSG was required to stop the attack. There's no tip-toeing around this.
What are you talking about? There is a blue beam shooting up and hitting Goku in the back from an off-camera source. It had to have come from somewhere. Look a frame-by-frame example:
If that didn't come from Earth I would like to know where it originated from.
I've already acknowledged that the blue energy was seen coming from under Goku. I'm saying that we don't know the specifics of the transformation. Is Goku manifesting it from below him (the Earth), is he mustering this strength because of their encouragement, is it just being handed to him? Who knows? Either way, there doesn't appear to be anything that specifically points to Goku's friends and family giving him energy simply on the basis that they shouted his name. That's preposterous.
Well, this is your opinion. Correct?
No? SSG plainly made him capable of stopping something that he couldn't stop moments before. That's a fact.
Why?
"Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" doesn't colloquially suggest that Super Saiyan is amplifying Super Saiyan God's power. It just implies that it's using it (similar to how SS in BoG was using the power of SSG that Goku absorbed). It could be amplifying the power, but that is not what is indicated from Goku's personal explanation.
Kei17, a Japanese member on this forum, said "It's just Super Saiyan fused with Godly power." Not "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God." So I will take it at face value that it is just SSJ with Godly Ki. Because yours seems to suggest that this new upgraded SSJ is merely just Goku being as powerful as SSJGod. Whereas Kei17's definition of the form suggests SSJ is using the Godly Ki in some way.
Actually, I agree with that sentiment, and neither Kei's statement nor Julian's is necessarily contradictory. I've always argued that it's just Super Saiyan using Godly ki, what I'm saying is that this doesn't necessarily presuppose any notion of SSG being weaker - see above.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:17 am

Marlowe89 wrote:I think you're misinterpreting my point. By "overexertion", I'm specifically referring to how much strength Goku pours into his attacks, struggles, and so on. You're using the exact same reasoning for your argument. That is by its very definition a precursor for exhaustion, and I don't recall Goku having one eye half open just before he was about to face Beerus' giant attack considering that he looked perfectly fine and able when he prepared himself to hold off the ki ball.
You need to think about how you're presenting this "overexertion" thing then. I can overexert myself while lifting a couch. I wouldn't have to be anywhere near exhaustion to overexert myself. Saying Goku dropped the form through being overexerted is different from dropping the form through exhaustion. Because you could literally say he was at 100% of his strength and just lost the SSJ transformation from being overexerted while still having all of that stamina left. Goku did the one eye half open during the attack just before he dropped the SSJ form. Therefore he would have dropped it from exhaustion.

But if you're going to say that the overexertion was a precursor to exhaustion and SSJ Goku reverted because he hit that exhaustion through his overexertion. Then Goku must have been revitalised when becoming SSJGod. Right? Because it wouldn't have mattered if he became SSJGod while fatigued. A fatigued character is only as strong as the strength he has left. If he is running on fumes then SSJGod isn't going to make a difference if Goku is at 1% of his power due to fatigue.
Marlowe89 wrote:Moreover, Goku has used full-power Kamehameha attacks on several occasions with there being no comment or implication of stamina depletion - obviously, there are more variables to this kind of thing than just ki consumption. A particularly important one is the duration of the fight, and it honestly wasn't that long or dragged out after SSG was absorbed.
Can you give me examples of these occasions? Because as far as I'm aware the only fully-charged Kamehameha's Goku has dished out in the same format as in this movie are the very ones that trained his stamina.
Marlowe89 wrote:I really don't, because I'm not the one positing an explanation for why Goku could accomplish something in SSG that he couldn't previously do before - that was directly and clearly shown, and I've also made no claims that he was mathematically at 100%. You ARE positing an alternative explanation other than what was presented; ergo, the burden of proof is completely on you. And so far, your argument isn't convincing in the least.
You're positing that Goku couldn't have done what he did without SSJGod. But we can't know that without knowing the inner-workings of what happened as he became SSJGod again. So the burden of proof is equally on you to prove that Goku couldn't have done what he did, no matter what, without SSJGod.

Marlowe89 wrote:You appear to have a severe lack of knowledge on how the burden of proof works. I didn't bring revitalization into the argument.
Your point was that SSJGod > base Goku to the point that base Goku couldn't defend against Beerus attack. So that needs as much proof as me saying he revitalized in my opinion. Because there are a lot of unclear things if we look at the scenario. Was Goku at 100% or less? Did SSJGod make much of difference between his base? Did SSJGod revitalise him?
Marlowe89 wrote:You did, and I responded by explaining that the film itself doesn't even slightly indicate that Goku was revitalized.
Well, if he overexerted himself to the point of exhaustion, thus losing SSJ. Then SSJGod must have revitalized him. Because he would be running on empty anyway. It's not like the movie indicates it didn't revitalize him either. And we can't know that SSJGod is that superior to his base form without knowing the details I said above either. So it's not like the movie indicates a 100% base Goku would lose against Beerus' attack.
Marlowe89 wrote:The problem is that you're positing an alternative explanation for an occurrence and then demanding that I "prove" that your explanation is wrong even though it's completely unfounded and doesn't have a lick of evidence to support it. This is intellectually dishonest. Asking someone to prove a negative is a known logical fallacy.
Well it is completely unfounded that SSJ, and base, Goku was running on a full tank when he took Beerus' attack. So we can't say that base Goku couldn't handle the attack in every scenario. For all we know he could have been running on 50%. You're the one that believes that SSJGod > base Goku to the point that he couldn't do anything against the attack, right?
Marlowe89 wrote:Conversely, I'm not positing anything other than what we were actually presented with. We were shown that Goku couldn't stop Beerus' attack before re-entering SSG. We were also shown that he could stop Beerus' attack after re-entering SSG. Therefore, SSG was required to stop the attack. There's no tip-toeing around this.
That isn't what we're discussing, is it? I thought this was about how base Goku compares to SSJGod. And your response to that was that base Goku couldn't hold back Beerus' attack while SSJGod could. But we don't know the circumstance of base Goku when he took the attack or the circumstance of Goku achieving SSJGod again. So SSJ, and base, Goku in this scenario should not have any weight on how base Goku compares to SSJGod.
Marlowe89 wrote:I've already acknowledged that the blue energy was seen coming from under Goku. I'm saying that we don't know the specifics of the transformation. Is Goku manifesting it from below him (the Earth), is he mustering this strength because of their encouragement, is it just being handed to him? Who knows? Either way, there doesn't appear to be anything that specifically points to Goku's friends and family giving him energy simply on the basis that they shouted his name. That's preposterous.
Well your original quote suggested that the blue energy just appeared below Goku and hit him. Which is why I provided shots of it coming off-screen. From Earth's direction. You can believe it just formed out of the blue if you want. But the movie doesn't specifically show how it formed. I also don't think it is preposterous that the energy came to him from his family and friends. It seems like too much of a coincidence that it happens this way for their cries to not be liked to the blue energy.

Even the Zenkai Battle Royale game claims that it was thanks to "Everyone's prayers" that Goku could re-initiate the transformation.

Or are you saying it is preposterous that they are giving him energy as in revitalising him? Because I'd like to point out that the first time they attempted to make him a good all they succeeded in doing was increasing his power because they didn't do the ritual properly. But all his family and friends seemed to be involved this time around. Considering this he is both doing the ritual properly(Having the right amount of Saiyan's) and not doing it properly(Having people other than Saiyan's).
Marlowe89 wrote:No? SSG plainly made him capable of stopping something that he couldn't stop moments before. That's a fact.
No... I mean it is your opinion that the transformation pushed him to a level of power that would negate the attack. Rather than replenish him back to where he was. It is of your opinion that all SSJGod did here was give him a power boost. I'm not talking about the fact that turning SSJGod allowed him to stop the attack. That is a given. What is in question here is why SSJGod allowed him to stop the attack. Your opinion is that the "transformation pushed him to a level in which he could negate the attack with enough effort." Those are your words.
Marlowe89 wrote:"Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" doesn't colloquially suggest that Super Saiyan is amplifying Super Saiyan God's power. It just implies that it's using it (similar to how SS in BoG was using the power of SSG that Goku absorbed). It could be amplifying the power, but that is not what is indicated from Goku's personal explanation.
Again, why? If we take SSJ regularly you could say that it is BSSJ(Base SSJ). Does that imply that SSJ isn't amplifying Goku's base form's power? So why is it that SSJ couldn't be amplifying SSJGod's power? If we're going to go down that route of course. I still think it is "SSJ fused with Godly power" rather then "SSJ with the power of SSJGod".

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 am

The fight between Gopku and Beerus shows the following:
- In the cave Beerus told Goku that he hadn't needed to use his full power until that point.
- Goku used only his 80% as a Saiyan God, so Beerus had had the leading position in the fight.
- Goku lost the Saiyan God form right when he began to be serious.
- Goku in Base survived an elbow attack from Beerus who most likely wasn't holding back any less than did it before.(Beerus was about to hit Goku right when the form wore off, so I don't think that Beerus had any time to reduce his power)
- Goku could trick Beerus using his Instant Trasmission and eventually land a hit on Beerus which made the God of Destruction to loose his saliva.
- Beerus began to use Ki attack which Goku could dodge in Base to a certain point.
- Goku was being overwhelmed by Beerus' assault and was forced to do something.
- Goku transformed into a Super Saiyan and began his contra attack.
- He eventually put up a better performance against Beerus who was forced to use a bit more power.
- Beerus launched his ultimate attack which cause Goku a big trouble to resist to.
- Beerus comments on Goku to loose his God form, but also make a guess that Goku must have absorbed the God power and his power didn't decrease significantly.
- Beerus comments on Goku as being a genius to do that.
- Beerus tried to end the fight using another finger attack which caused Goku to revert to his Base form.
- Goku tried with is very least efforts to save the Earth.
- Goku was falling unconsciously(more than likely) towards Earth.
- Some weird blue colored aura appeared and hit Goku which cause him to transforme into the God form for the second time.
- Goku was able to absorb Beerus' ball attack and became exhausted.
- Beerus was impressed of that turn of events and questioned Goku as how managed he to do that.
- Goku didn't know what to say, and said that he did not know.
- Beerus was realizing his power and was about to launch a killing attack towards Goku.
- Beerus ultimately spared Goku.

So we must say that to a point that Beerus was suppressed during the whole fight(~70%) Goku wasn't only a one-shot material for him. So Goku's power must have stayed relatively constant.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:45 am

Hitiro wrote:You need to think about how you're presenting this "overexertion" thing then. I can overexert myself while lifting a couch. I wouldn't have to be anywhere near exhaustion to overexert myself. Saying Goku dropped the form through being overexerted is different from dropping the form through exhaustion. Because you could literally say he was at 100% of his strength and just lost the SSJ transformation from being overexerted while still having all of that stamina left. Goku did the one eye half open during the attack just before he dropped the SSJ form. Therefore he would have dropped it from exhaustion.
Overexertion can include a multitude of activities ranging from jogging to lifting. It doesn't specifically just refer to wearing your muscles out (which is technically exhaustion anyway) but stamina depletion as well. I'm saying that he appeared to be at or around full strength when he first attempted to push back the attack, followed by him putting his all into stopping it, followed by him looking somewhat exhausted as he was gradually becoming overpowered, followed by him losing the form, followed by him triggering the Super Saiyan God transformation through whatever means and then ultimately negating the attack.
But if you're going to say that the overexertion was a precursor to exhaustion and SSJ Goku reverted because he hit that exhaustion through his overexertion. Then Goku must have been revitalised when becoming SSJGod. Right? Because it wouldn't have mattered if he became SSJGod while fatigued. A fatigued character is only as strong as the strength he has left. If he is running on fumes then SSJGod isn't going to make a difference if Goku is at 1% of his power due to fatigue.
Transformations have already been shown to increase the user's power regardless of whether they had full stamina. The problem is that you're conflating the two. You may have a point that Goku himself didn't trigger SSG, but nothing in the movie suggests that the transformation itself literally restores a person's energy reserves. We're only informed that it dramatically increases strength. To posit anything besides the latter scenario of SSG boosting Goku's power is pure conjecture, and if anything, the fact that he could only remain in this form for a few seconds the second time presupposes that he was too exhausted to maintain it.
Can you give me examples of these occasions? Because as far as I'm aware the only fully-charged Kamehameha's Goku has dished out in the same format as in this movie are the very ones that trained his stamina.
Do I need to? No comment is made regarding Goku's stamina as a direct result of launching a Kamehameha the vast majority of the time unless he was already fighting for a significant amount of time. Goku has withstood battles far longer than this one using the same charged attack.
You're positing that Goku couldn't have done what he did without SSJGod. But we can't know that without knowing the inner-workings of what happened as he became SSJGod again. So the burden of proof is equally on you to prove that Goku couldn't have done what he did, no matter what, without SSJGod.
I'm positing that he couldn't because that's exactly what was shown - he tried to stop it without SSG and he failed, but after triggering SSG he succeeded. You're positing the assumption that he must have been too exhausted to do it before, I'm assuming nothing other than what was directly presented. The onus is on the individual providing extra assumptions, not the individual going by what is directly presented in the film.
Because there are a lot of unclear things if we look at the scenario. Was Goku at 100% or less? Did SSJGod make much of difference between his base? Did SSJGod revitalise him?
Revitalization was never implied to begin with, so there's no need to ask that last question. Goku could have been less than 100% in stamina, but that doesn't presuppose that he didn't use the full brunt of his strength to stop Beerus' attack. The Freeza arc makes it pretty clear that there's a distinction between stamina and strength when it comes to percentages - Freeza isn't implied to regain stamina when he goes 100%, he is directly suggested to increase his power.

Obviously, if Goku was nearing complete exhaustion then yes, he would have been noticeably weaker. He didn't initially look that way when he first attempted to fend off Beerus' attack though, so even if he was "revitalized" as you put it, it doesn't suggest that that was the sole reason for him dispersing the attack.
But we don't know the circumstance of base Goku when he took the attack or the circumstance of Goku achieving SSJGod again. So SSJ, and base, Goku in this scenario should not have any weight on how base Goku compares to SSJGod.
You're assuming that there was ever a "circumstance" of that nature in the first place. Why exactly do you assume that? The movie is quite clear in establishing that Goku became capable of accomplishing something that could not be done previously before retriggering the transformation.
Because I'd like to point out that the first time they attempted to make him a good all they succeeded in doing was increasing his power because they didn't do the ritual properly.
That is exactly my point. The ritual was only ever confirmed to spike the user's power, regardless of whether it was a successful one or not - the failed attempt was stated to only increase his power insignificantly, the successful one was stated to increase it dramatically. You could be completely right that Goku's friends contributed the power to Goku in that final scene (although it is speculative) but the notion that they contributed stamina as opposed to strength alone is baseless.
No... I mean it is your opinion that the transformation pushed him to a level of power that would negate the attack. Rather than replenish him back to where he was. It is of your opinion that all SSJGod did here was give him a power boost. I'm not talking about the fact that turning SSJGod allowed him to stop the attack.
Because that's exactly what happened. Goku didn't have the strength to do it before, he had the stength to do it afterwards. His power was obviously pushed to a level that allowed him to do that. This was explicitly shown. You're adding stamina into the discussion when it isn't needed. I'm making no assumptions of stamina replinishment because it wasn't implied.
Again, why? If we take SSJ regularly you could say that it is BSSJ(Base SSJ). Does that imply that SSJ isn't amplifying Goku's base form's power? So why is it that SSJ couldn't be amplifying SSJGod's power? If we're going to go down that route of course. I still think it is "SSJ fused with Godly power" rather then "SSJ with the power of SSJGod".
Because, again, Goku's phrasing of SSGSS's description doesn't imply amplification (linguistically, saying that I have "X but with the Y of Z" infers that I'm incorporating Z's Y, not modifying the Y with X) which further suggests that the form follows the same principle as the Godly version of SS from BoG, so anything else is speculative. We both have our own speculations in regards to the significance of the blue hair but that's all they can be at the moment. We'll have to wait for more specific information if we're comparing it to SSG. I'm sure that we can both agree to this at least.

Also, I was saying that those statements aren't necessarily contradictory. According to Julian and others, though, "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" is what's explicitly said in the film.