Why didn't Beerus stop the Androids?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Why didn't Beerus stop the Androids?

Post by In Brightest Day » Sat May 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Is there an in-universe explanation for why Beerus didn't put an end to the Androids rampage in the future?

Battle of Gods lines up about a year after 17 and 18 killed Gohan, so it seems feasible that he would wake up wondering about the Super Saiyan God, only for Whis to inform him there is only one Super Saiyan left, but his planet is being terrorised by a duo of genocidal Androids. Out of curiosity and his sense of right and wrong, he crushes the Androids and seeks out Trunks.

Any logical reason for why this wouldn't happen?

Kind of inspired by a question asked by Tectorman in another thread.

Kaboom

Re: Why didn't Beerus stop the Androids?

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Whis: "Well, Lord Beerus, it seems Freeza was defeated by a Super Saiyan from Earth named Son Goku while you were asleep. Twice, in fact."
Beerus: "A Super Saiyan? Really. Could he be the Super Saiyan God? Maybe we should go to Earth."
Whis: "Perhaps. The Saiyan has also died, however. He's become a regular student of the North Kaio. There's another Super Saiyan still on Earth too, but he's much weaker than Son Goku is now."
Beerus: "Ah, okay. No reason to waste time going to Earth then. Let's pay the North Kaio a visit."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Simple. Beerus didn't wake up, since the Oracle Fish didn't give him a prophecy about Goku, since Goku was destined to die in this timeline. The Oracle Fish can only read the future, not another timeline altogether.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 pm

On top of the whole "he was asleep" thing, the androids weren't a threat to the cosmos. They were a threat to Earth's way of life, but not even all of the planet, let alone all of existence. They were a significantly smaller threat than Freeza ever was.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Beerus is a neutral character. He doesn't insert himself into conflicts just to take sides and the cyborgs weren't really that big of a threat to the universe for Beerus to have to step. And besides, he ain't got time to deal with cyborgs and shit. Badass super cats need their sleep. 8)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:19 pm

Do people who die of natural causes even keep their bodies in the other world? Because if they do, the better question is why Goku didn't tell Trunks about the RoSAT...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat May 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Same reason Supreme Kai didn't bother lending a hand against Frieza;

Gods are not selfless, benevolent, all loving beings working for the greater good. Their primary concern is what affects them. The cyborgs weren't bothering him nor were they interesting to him, ergo Beerus has no interest in finding them or putting a stop to them.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 09, 2015 10:10 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Do people who die of natural causes even keep their bodies in the other world? Because if they do, the better question is why Goku didn't tell Trunks about the RoSAT...
I don't see what that has to do with having a body in the afterlife, but the short answer is that Goku's an idiot. He didn't even think to show Gohan how to go SSJ during that three-year gap.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Dayspring wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Do people who die of natural causes even keep their bodies in the other world? Because if they do, the better question is why Goku didn't tell Trunks about the RoSAT...
I don't see what that has to do with having a body in the afterlife, but the short answer is that Goku's an idiot. He didn't even think to show Gohan how to go SSJ during that three-year gap.
You need to reach an emotional breaking point in order to become SSJ. What reason would Gohan have for that? He was barely even an effective training partner.

Anyways, Beerus isn't that kind of god. He's no overseer just some purple cat who destroys thing.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat May 09, 2015 10:44 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Dayspring wrote:
You need to reach an emotional breaking point in order to become SSJ. What reason would Gohan have for that? He was barely even an effective training partner.
We saw Goku have Gohan imagining Freeza was killing Goku and the others as a catalyst to transform when he and Goku were in the Room of Spirit and Time, so why would it need to be any different if he had tried earlier during those three years?

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun May 10, 2015 2:41 am

Don't forget Bills only woke up not because of his dream, but because Oracle Fish predicted an "arch-rival" would appear. If "destiny/fate" is already established, then in Trunks' timeline, Oracle Fish didn't forsee anything because there wouldn't be a Super Saiyan God 39 years later. I'm most likely wrong, though. Just wanted to say something interesting/have something to think about.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 am

When Trunks/Cell went back in time, the timelines were split at the moment they arrived. Everything before that is the same and carried over to the new timelines. So Yogengyo had the prophecy that Beerus got excited over and decided to nap until the time came, but the Super Saiyan God dream likely happened in our "main" timeline after the split.

So in Trunks' timeline, Beerus either didn't have the dream and sought a challenge from elsewhere (and potentially ended up being wrong, like with the idol), or he had the dream and sought out Goku in the afterlife and probably never went to Earth.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

RancorSnp
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RancorSnp » Sun May 10, 2015 3:20 am

Beeruses job, is to destroy planets, so that Kai's can recreate them. His job does NOT include making sure there are good people living on any planet. Actually if he ever decided to take care of the Android threat, he would most likely blow up Earth, maybe from orbit, maybe after defeating androids to make fun of them, but he would just destroy it, he does not need much reason to do that. So his help with android threat would actually be worse than leaving the androids living.

Than King Kai would create new planet, maybe identical as earth, maybe a new idea. And that would be it for Earth.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:09 am

Why should he even bother?

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun May 10, 2015 7:43 am

Because Toriyama has not created him in that time. He did not existed.

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sun May 10, 2015 7:52 am

Mnich wrote:Because Toriyama has not created him in that time. He did not existed.
No because he doesn't give a Shit. Beerus wouldn't give a damn for a single planet. WTF do earthling think they are the center of the universe ?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:18 am

shonenhikada wrote:
Mnich wrote:Because Toriyama has not created him in that time. He did not existed.
No because he doesn't give a Shit. Beerus wouldn't give a damn for a single planet. WTF do earthling think they are the center of the universe ?
Given how everything important's more or less happened on it for the past few decades and likely many more stuff in the future, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say Earth IS the center of the universe.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RancorSnp
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RancorSnp » Sun May 10, 2015 10:01 am

ekrolo2 wrote: Given how everything important's more or less happened on it for the past few decades and likely many more stuff in the future, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say Earth IS the center of the universe.
Define "Everything important", the only important thing that happened on Earth is the fact Buu was hidden there. And even this turned out not to matter that much in the end.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

Kaboom wrote:Whis: "Well, Lord Beerus, it seems Freeza was defeated by a Super Saiyan from Earth named Son Goku while you were asleep. Twice, in fact."
Beerus: "A Super Saiyan? Really. Could he be the Super Saiyan God? Maybe we should go to Earth."
Whis: "Perhaps. The Saiyan has also died, however. He's become a regular student of the North Kaio. There's another Super Saiyan still on Earth too, but he's much weaker than Son Goku is now."
Beerus: "Ah, okay. No reason to waste time going to Earth then. Let's pay the North Kaio a visit."
But Goku wouldn't have died as a hero here. He would have died of a sickness. Would that still qualify him for a body and to be trained by King Kai?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 am

I'd think that regardless of when and how Goku died, his past heroic deeds like saving Earth and defeating Freeza (twice!) would qualify him for afterlife benefits. I don't think you necessarily have to go down in a blaze of glory to be rewarded.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!