Piccolo+Kami+Piccolo Daimao

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo+Kami+Piccolo Daimao

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu May 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Fusing with Kami is only a 2x boost in my eyes, I can understand if one sees differently. It' just crazy to me Piccolo going from below Super Saiyans to matching Super Saiyan 3 fusion. Video Games...

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 8:45 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:According to a what-if story in the video-game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, if Boo arc Piccolo had merged with Piccolo Daimao, he would have reached Evil Boo's level.
Yup! This would actually make a lot of sense from a canon standpoint. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, at the very least it seems reasonable for him to be able to rival some of the weaker forms of Buu.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:47 pm

supercat wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:According to a what-if story in the video-game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, if Boo arc Piccolo had merged with Piccolo Daimao, he would have reached Evil Boo's level.
Yup! This would actually make a lot of sense from a canon standpoint. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, at the very least it seems reasonable for him to be able to rival some of the weaker forms of Buu.
But it's all but wishful thinking now...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

supercat

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 9:00 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
supercat wrote:
But it's all but wishful thinking now...
Right? Piccolo isn't my favorite character, but I definitely feel the guy has a lot going for him in terms of potential power, story, character development, and relationship with other characters (most prominently with Gohan). It would be quite nice to see him climbing up the ladder again in power and becoming a figure of relevance to the Z-Fighters as he once was. Seeing him in more battles where he fights closely alongside Gohan would also be something to watch.

As I mentioned earlier, it would be interesting if the fusion with Piccolo Daimao was actually possible in a different time or universe. My guess is if Piccolo retains his end of Z power, he should at least be around Cell Jr. level prior to fusion. After the fusion, he should be in a state of completion, so it may not be as surprising to see some mind-boggling multipliers.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:I've always seen Piccolo Daimao as an anomaly. He seems like a hybrid between a dragon type and a warrior one. This guy is able to create mutant/demons...
Piccolo Daimao is pretty much a demon in ever sense of the word - a Namekian demon born from the evil in Kami's heart, but a demon nonetheless.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat May 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Hitiro wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Perhaps they're not totally identical, but there are many striking similarities between the two of them.
As you would expect from a father and child. Of course they are going to have similar features.
And Nail is identical to Piccolo as well, and they aren't related. Nail was spawned by Saichoro, and Kami/Piccolo by Katatz.

I believe that Namekian fusion both fuses souls and bodies, thus merging with both Kami and Piccolo Daimao would make Piccolo Jr. much stronger.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Godo wrote:
Hitiro wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Perhaps they're not totally identical, but there are many striking similarities between the two of them.
As you would expect from a father and child. Of course they are going to have similar features.
And Nail is identical to Piccolo as well, and they aren't related. Nail was spawned by Saichoro, and Kami/Piccolo by Katatz.

I believe that Namekian fusion both fuses souls and bodies, thus merging with both Kami and Piccolo Daimao would make Piccolo Jr. much stronger.
I would consider that everyone is technically related a factor here. They all come from the same gene pool. You're bound to have one or two Namekian's who are similar. Yes, Nail was spawned by Saichoro and the original Namekian was spawned by Katatz. But Saichoro and Katatz were spawned by an Elder beforehand or one of them was spawned by an Elder's elder. Forgoing evolution there would have originally been one Namekian who spawned the race so every Namekian would have been based on him as a template.

If you check out the show Andromeda the Nietzschean were a race that had very few genetic differences. So much to the point that in 300 years worth of time he meets two people of the race that are genetically the same as past people. One was only from 300 years ago. In the Namekian's case it is much more extreme as they don't suffer from the effects of things like mutations by "keeping it in the family." And they have a much smaller gene pool than the Nietzchean's.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 am

I guess everyone just scrolled right past my initial response to the first post. Piccolo Junior is already Piccolo Daimao + Piccolo Junior from birth.

> Nameless Namekian is spawned from Katatz (whom I believe, if I am not mistaken, was likely spawned from whomever spawned the Grand Elder Namek, they were brothers in a sense)

> Nameless Namekian is sent to earth amidst a great catastrophe that befell Planet Namek in the past, leaving the Grand Elder as the sole survivor to repopulate the planet.

> Nameless Namekian lives on earth, and is corrupted by the evil in mankind's hearts. (If you want to include GT, he created the Black Star Dragonballs at this point)

> Nameless Namekian travels to guardian's temple and seeks to become his successor. (If you include movies and filler, Garlic Sr. was his rival in this endeavor)

> To purify his spirit and prove his worth, Nameless Namekian undergoes a ritual to split with the evil in his heart. Thus Kami Piccolo and Daimao Piccolo are born.

> Kami Ascends to guardian of the earth and creates the Dragonballs to give mankind hope and reward for completing the quest to collect them.

> Piccolo Daimao becomes the devil and preys upon mankind. He is eventually sealed away by Mutaito, martial arts master of Turtle Hermit and Crane Hermit.

> As seen in the series, temporary split form techniques divide power between the number of parts that make up the whole. Kami and Daimao both possess 50% of the original's power. Despite being able to become stronger on their own, they are still bound to each other and if one dies, so does the other. Both age as the centuries go by, Kami as Guardian, and Daimao sealed away in a rice cooker at the bottom of the ocean.

> Pilaf frees Daimao, who in turn spawns a band of mutate monster namekian children, and begins to terrorize the world once more.

> Daimao successfully collects the dragonballs, summons Shenron, and wishes for his youth to be restored to him. He then kills Shenron. (As well as Krillin, Choutzu, Roshi and assumes Goku dead as well leading up to this)

> Daimao is challenged by Tenshinhan, who is beaten, then battles a renewed Son Goku, who was not dead as he thought. He manages to cripple Goku during the fight, but with one undamaged arm left, Goku launches himself into the air with a Kamehameha and uses the Monkeyfist/Dragonfist attack to punch a hole through Daimao's chest.

> Before exploding, Daimao spawns one final offspring, a true warrior Namekian, and merges with it, so that he may be reborn and have his revenge.

> The child born from this egg, Piccolo Junior, never knows a normal life. Being innocent and inexperienced, he is quickly tainted by the dominant demon soul within him, which influences his every decision. Because he was already born as 1.5 namekian (Himself + the 50% Daimao), he grows to adult size quickly and his power is extraordinarily stronger than Daimao's was alone. He is both in one, and because of that, Kami continues to live.

> Piccolo taunts Goku at the 23rd Budokai, and the voice and influence of Daimao can be heard speaking through him. Piccolo loses the tournament, but is spared by Goku.

> Events of the Saiyan Saga take place, Junior eliminates Raditz and gets his revenge on Goku in a two for one deathblow. He then kidnaps Gohan, with the intent to train him to assist in defeating the other saiyans, but also to turn him against Goku eventually. This does not go to plan, as he ends up being greatly influenced by Son Gohan, who doesn't view him as a monster, but as a friend. He begins to decide for himself what is important to him, and not just what the Daimao part of him wants him to act on.

> Having died to save Gohan from Nappa, Piccolo trains at King Kai's planet and becomes stronger. After being wished back and transported to Namek, he finds Nail, another Namekian warrior type who has been wrecked by Freeza and left to die. The two agree to merge, with Piccolo acting as the template so that they may have a chance to stop Freeza.

> (Keeping Track here? That is Piccolo (1) + Damaio (.5) + Nail (1) = 2.5 Namekians merged thus far) Nail's power, memories and influence slowly become a part of Piccolo as well after this. That is his personality, plus two others influencing him.

> After the battle on Namek, they learn of the looming android threat from Trunks, and Piccolo agrees to train with Goku and Gohan. Goku and Piccolo, reluctant allies up until now against greater threats, finally bury the hatchet and become friends. They've killed each other once each, and their previous issues with each other are finally put to rest.

> Cell shows up and proves to potentially be an even greater menace than the Androids. Piccolo makes his last Daimao influenced statement in anger to Krillin and the others when he realizes what must be done. Possibly due to knowing what must be done, what Nail knows must be done, yet Daimao wants no part of. He is conflicted yet resolute within himself. He claims he is friends with none of them and says he still has plans to conquer the planet himself.

>Re-merging with Kami completes the 50-50 split into the original nameless Namek. The two halves of Daimao and Kami are reunited within him. (Piccolo Junior (1) + Nail (1) + Nameless Namek (1) for a completed warrior)

His inner conflicts are resolved, as Piccolo Daimao is no more, he is part of his original form with Kami within Junior. I hope the fact that I explained all of that means there won't be anymore "What if they merged?" topics and questions for a while. That had already been the case from the beginning of Junior's existence.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue May 26, 2015 8:10 am

Well hed definitely be stronger if it would be possible.

How much stronger u can look at android saga.Piccolo got from being close to ssj vegeta's level to equal to 17.So at max he got a 3x boost,that a big max 2.5 sounds better.So buu saga,well how strong was Piccolo then?Perfect Cell level?Proly not since goten and trunks powering up in ssj really shocked piccolo,i mean seriously shocked him,made him freak out.So i take it that means they are stronger than him perhaps.Then baring ssj goten was able to give a rusty weaker ssj gohan a bit of trouble in their sparring match id say piccolo is not close to a full power PC.

So i guess if hed fuse with his other dead self hed proly surpass full power PC,but still be below the level of a ssj2.So hed be pretty powerful.but then he already surpassed freeza.So that still makes him one of the most powerful beings in the universe.
Akira wrote:I guess everyone just scrolled right past my initial response to the first post. Piccolo Junior is already Piccolo Daimao + Piccolo Junior from birth.

> Nameless Namekian is spawned from Katatz (whom I believe, if I am not mistaken, was likely spawned from whomever spawned the Grand Elder Namek, they were brothers in a sense)

> Nameless Namekian is sent to earth amidst a great catastrophe that befell Planet Namek in the past, leaving the Grand Elder as the sole survivor to repopulate the planet.

> Nameless Namekian lives on earth, and is corrupted by the evil in mankind's hearts. (If you want to include GT, he created the Black Star Dragonballs at this point)

> Nameless Namekian travels to guardian's temple and seeks to become his successor. (If you include movies and filler, Garlic Sr. was his rival in this endeavor)

> To purify his spirit and prove his worth, Nameless Namekian undergoes a ritual to split with the evil in his heart. Thus Kami Piccolo and Daimao Piccolo are born.

> Kami Ascends to guardian of the earth and creates the Dragonballs to give mankind hope and reward for completing the quest to collect them.

> Piccolo Daimao becomes the devil and preys upon mankind. He is eventually sealed away by Mutaito, martial arts master of Turtle Hermit and Crane Hermit.

> As seen in the series, temporary split form techniques divide power between the number of parts that make up the whole. Kami and Daimao both possess 50% of the original's power. Despite being able to become stronger on their own, they are still bound to each other and if one dies, so does the other. Both age as the centuries go by, Kami as Guardian, and Daimao sealed away in a rice cooker at the bottom of the ocean.

> Pilaf frees Daimao, who in turn spawns a band of mutate monster namekian children, and begins to terrorize the world once more.

> Daimao successfully collects the dragonballs, summons Shenron, and wishes for his youth to be restored to him. He then kills Shenron. (As well as Krillin, Choutzu, Roshi and assumes Goku dead as well leading up to this)

> Daimao is challenged by Tenshinhan, who is beaten, then battles a renewed Son Goku, who was not dead as he thought. He manages to cripple Goku during the fight, but with one undamaged arm left, Goku launches himself into the air with a Kamehameha and uses the Monkeyfist/Dragonfist attack to punch a hole through Daimao's chest.

> Before exploding, Daimao spawns one final offspring, a true warrior Namekian, and merges with it, so that he may be reborn and have his revenge.

> The child born from this egg, Piccolo Junior, never knows a normal life. Being innocent and inexperienced, he is quickly tainted by the dominant demon soul within him, which influences his every decision. Because he was already born as 1.5 namekian (Himself + the 50% Daimao), he grows to adult size quickly and his power is extraordinarily stronger than Daimao's was alone. He is both in one, and because of that, Kami continues to live.

> Piccolo taunts Goku at the 23rd Budokai, and the voice and influence of Daimao can be heard speaking through him. Piccolo loses the tournament, but is spared by Goku.

> Events of the Saiyan Saga take place, Junior eliminates Raditz and gets his revenge on Goku in a two for one deathblow. He then kidnaps Gohan, with the intent to train him to assist in defeating the other saiyans, but also to turn him against Goku eventually. This does not go to plan, as he ends up being greatly influenced by Son Gohan, who doesn't view him as a monster, but as a friend. He begins to decide for himself what is important to him, and not just what the Daimao part of him wants him to act on.

> Having died to save Gohan from Nappa, Piccolo trains at King Kai's planet and becomes stronger. After being wished back and transported to Namek, he finds Nail, another Namekian warrior type who has been wrecked by Freeza and left to die. The two agree to merge, with Piccolo acting as the template so that they may have a chance to stop Freeza.

> (Keeping Track here? That is Piccolo (1) + Damaio (.5) + Nail (1) = 2.5 Namekians merged thus far) Nail's power, memories and influence slowly become a part of Piccolo as well after this. That is his personality, plus two others influencing him.

> After the battle on Namek, they learn of the looming android threat from Trunks, and Piccolo agrees to train with Goku and Gohan. Goku and Piccolo, reluctant allies up until now against greater threats, finally bury the hatchet and become friends. They've killed each other once each, and their previous issues with each other are finally put to rest.

> Cell shows up and proves to potentially be an even greater menace than the Androids. Piccolo makes his last Daimao influenced statement in anger to Krillin and the others when he realizes what must be done. Possibly due to knowing what must be done, what Nail knows must be done, yet Daimao wants no part of. He is conflicted yet resolute within himself. He claims he is friends with none of them and says he still has plans to conquer the planet himself.

>Re-merging with Kami completes the 50-50 split into the original nameless Namek. The two halves of Daimao and Kami are reunited within him. (Piccolo Junior (1) + Nail (1) + Nameless Namek (1) for a completed warrior)

His inner conflicts are resolved, as Piccolo Daimao is no more, he is part of his original form with Kami within Junior. I hope the fact that I explained all of that means there won't be anymore "What if they merged?" topics and questions for a while. That had already been the case from the beginning of Junior's existence.
hehe,nice.Yep thats how it is.

But i think mostly people were curious how much of an extra boost from a merge would give Piccolo again.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue May 26, 2015 1:35 pm

How much an extra boost merging with whom? The only thing I saw anyone say was Piccolo Daimao, and my whole point was that he was already merged with him from the very beginning. It is no wonder he meditates so much, it is probably necessary to keep all his alter-egos in check and stay halfway sane. I doubt he needs to merge with anyone else to get stronger. I think the fact that he is already three entities in one is enough to still have plenty of potential. Maybe getting to follow Goku and Vegeta and be the next to be trained by Whis, or something along those lines is all that Piccolo needs to advance again in DB Super.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Akira wrote:How much an extra boost merging with whom? The only thing I saw anyone say was Piccolo Daimao, and my whole point was that he was already merged with him from the very beginning. It is no wonder he meditates so much, it is probably necessary to keep all his alter-egos in check and stay halfway sane. I doubt he needs to merge with anyone else to get stronger. I think the fact that he is already three entities in one is enough to still have plenty of potential. Maybe getting to follow Goku and Vegeta and be the next to be trained by Whis, or something along those lines is all that Piccolo needs to advance again in DB Super.
The part where you are wrong is when you indicated that Daimao merged with Junior upon spawning him. That's not what happened. Daimao reincarnated himself in the form of Junior.

Piccolo is no more a fusion than Uub is. He's a reincarnation.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue May 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Semantics

In this case, it is the same difference and end result. Use whatever word you want, but the two became one at the time of Junior's egg emerging. Daimao never died in that sense, otherwise, Kami would have died too.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 pm

Akira wrote:Semantics

In this case, it is the same difference and end result. Use whatever word you want, but the two became one at the time of Junior's egg emerging. Daimao never died in that sense, otherwise, Kami would have died too.
Except it's not semantics. The two of them didn't "become one." Daimo's essence became Piccolo Junior.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Wed May 27, 2015 4:44 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:The two of them didn't "become one." Daimo's essence became Piccolo Junior.
Junior is his own being, different than Daimao, but he is also the reincarnation of his soul. He is both at the same time. In the manga, the others mention that he is not the same as before. In the anime we even see the essence of Daimao has an over-riding influence on everything Junior says early on. There is a scene at the 23rd budokai where they animated this in detail. He is both entities in one. The semantics I mentioned were over how exactly this transpired. That part really isn't explained or really all that important, just that it did happen. Let's just let this die, I don't really care to argue a point that doesn't really matter, and wasn't fully thought out at the time in terms of how the series was going to play out.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 am

Akira wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:The two of them didn't "become one." Daimo's essence became Piccolo Junior.
Junior is his own being, different than Daimao, but he is also the reincarnation of his soul. He is both at the same time. In the manga, the others mention that he is not the same as before. In the anime we even see the essence of Daimao has an over-riding influence on everything Junior says early on. There is a scene at the 23rd budokai where they animated this in detail. He is both entities in one. The semantics I mentioned were over how exactly this transpired. That part really isn't explained or really all that important, just that it did happen. Let's just let this die, I don't really care to argue a point that doesn't really matter, and wasn't fully thought out at the time in terms of how the series was going to play out.
Just like how Oob is his own being. It really is no different from Pure Boo being turned into Oob. Daimao's soul was passed on to Piccolo through a similar process to reincarnation. Most of Daimao's influence on Piccolo Jr. is in memory only really. Piccolo Jr. remembers everything that Daimao experienced right up until the point of his death. Does that mean that they become one? Not really. Besides, the whole thing about how souls work in dragon ball suggests a buddhist kind of belief where souls are continuously reincarnated unless they achieve something, such as enlightenment, which allows them to escape reincarnation for however long they want. The balance of the universe in this ideology is predicated on there being a fixed amount of souls in the universe that will always be the same. So in that sense there can't be any more Piccolo's than one. Piccolo Daimao may spawn children which gain souls from the after-life. But he can't create souls himself.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Wed May 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Here's how I see it...

I think it WAS a fusion, not reincarnation. I plotted out a fanfic, years ago, that explored Piccolo's identity, which largely revolved around Piccolo having thought that he was Daimao reborn and then (after fusing with Kami) the Nameless Namek. But he discovers he's not. He's not Daimao, Kami, or the Nameless Namek. He's Daimao's child, with the others (including Nail) plugged into his psyche. Buried beneath their influence and memories is that child's soul.

Daimao created a new life with a unique soul, and then used a form of fusion to force a portion of his own soul into the child. That's why he could still think and talk after he'd spat the child far away - a portion of his soul remained in his old body. It had to, in order to ensure the child's safety. If the egg had simply dropped to the ground instead of being launched, Goku, Tenshinhan, or Yajirobe would've destroyed it.

The child, with Daimao's memories, could only base himself on those. But, unlike Daimao, he had the seed of good in him. The result of having a pure soul before Daimao's intrusion. That's why he was able to become good - something Daimao himself was incapable of since his soul was, literally, pure evil. Before Piccolo had even met Gohan, Goku had already observed that Piccolo was different from Daimao. So perhaps PIccolo, with time and further strengthening of his own mind and soul apart from Daimao's, would've changed anyway. Without the direct influence of Goku and Gohan's kindness. Instead the result of Daimao's powerful presence weakening against the force of his child's maturing mind.

Kami didn't die when Daimao did, because the portion of Daimao's soul that still lived anchored him. The other portion of Daimao's soul, that inhabited his body when he died, could very well be in Hell undergoing purification (if not already cleansed and reborn). So perhaps Piccolo could fuse with that missing piece of the Nameless Namek. How much power it'd give, though... could be anything.

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed May 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Whether Daimao is already merged with Piccolo or not, I find it hard to believe that he would have obtained the same goodness and heroic mentality had he not had the same relationship with Goku and Gohan. It was their kind influence and their love and care for Piccolo as a close friend / mentor / ally, that probably helped him expel his evil desires.

While Piccolo doesn't seem as evil as Daimao, without the presence of Gohan's love in his life, I think Piccolo would have remained at the very least selfish, and somewhat power hungry, even if he does decide to give up on world domination.