Why didn't Kid Buu just teleport away?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Why didn't Kid Buu just teleport away?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:35 pm

You know, when Goku hesitated to throw the spirit bomb because Vegeta was in the way. Instead of keeping Vegeta hostage, why didn't Buu... just teleport away?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Kid Buu just teleport away?

Post by Cetra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:36 pm

He forgot. Just like Cell forgot to teleport behind Gohan and kill him with a Kamehameha in his back.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Cetra wrote:He forgot. Just like Cell forgot to teleport behind Gohan and kill him with a Kamehameha in his back.
I would imagine that Cell couldn't do that for the same reason that Goku couldn't teleport away from Buu's attack that blew up Earth.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Cetra wrote:He forgot. Just like Cell forgot to teleport behind Gohan and kill him with a Kamehameha in his back.
I would imagine that Cell couldn't do that for the same reason that Goku couldn't teleport away from Buu's attack that blew up Earth.
I think it was shown Goku needs to concentrate to pull off Shunkan Ido. The big ass pink ball of death made it too hard to pull of and so he needed Kibitoshin to teleport everyone. So Cell getting overwhelmed by the Kamehameha as well as Boo by the Genki Dama can be credited to the same thing.

Though in this particular case, he's basically torturing Vegeta and attacking Goku. I think he's pretty content in his position.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm

I bet Super Buu would have teleported away.

Kid Buu was too cocky and playful for his own good, I guess.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:12 pm

He didn't have time.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:40 pm

h0kuten wrote:He didn't have time.
He did. He was taunting Goku with Vegeta. Goku wasn't doing anything while Vegeta was in the way. Buu could have used that time to just get the hell out of the planet long enough for the spirit bomb disappear or something. lol.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:43 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I bet Super Buu would have teleported away.

Super Boo's a complete coward, so he probably would. Either that or blow himself up.
Last edited by Doctor. on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Plot and he thought he could repel it and almost did but didn't expect goku getting his energy back.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:10 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:He didn't have time.
He did. He was taunting Goku with Vegeta. Goku wasn't doing anything while Vegeta was in the way. Buu could have used that time to just get the hell out of the planet long enough for the spirit bomb disappear or something. lol.
He was overly confident.

/thread.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:00 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
I think it was shown Goku needs to concentrate to pull off Shunkan Ido. The big ass pink ball of death made it too hard to pull of and so he needed Kibitoshin to teleport everyone. So Cell getting overwhelmed by the Kamehameha as well as Boo by the Genki Dama can be credited to the same thing.

Though in this particular case, he's basically torturing Vegeta and attacking Goku. I think he's pretty content in his position.
That is not even close to being the same. Cell charged his move long enough, so before the beam struggle he clearly had the time to teleport away. And yes, you can teleport while charging a move.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Doctor. wrote:

Super Boo's a complete coward, so he probably would. Either that or blow himself up.
Super Boo is no coward. He was incredibly cunning.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Super Boo is no coward. He was incredibly cunning.
That doesn't mean he's not a coward. He got scared once Gohan started kicking his ass.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:That doesn't mean he's not a coward. He got scared once Gohan started kicking his ass.
He wasn't genuinely scared. I mean, he felt Gohan's power while he was fighting Gotenks so he obviously knew that Gohan's was very strong, he was just surprised he was that much stronger and had to put his plan into motion quicker. I mean, in the end, Super Boo's back up plan of keeping Gotenks alive payed off for him in the end when the strength he felt actually did arrive on Earth (Ultimate Gohan).

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Cetra wrote:
That is not even close to being the same. Cell charged his move long enough, so before the beam struggle he clearly had the time to teleport away. And yes, you can teleport while charging a move.
To be fair, Cell only ever used the move once--right after he realized he could do it.

Kid Buu used his teleport over and over and over again.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:26 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Kid Buu used his teleport over and over and over again.
Huh? He used it once.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Huh? He used it once.
Him destroying planets is an anime thing too?! -.-

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:45 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Huh? He used it once.
Him destroying planets is an anime thing too?! -.-
Yes, he teleported to the Kaioshin planet immediately after Earth's destruction.

You really need to read the manga, man, since you keep getting annoyed at all the filler lol.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:16 pm

He probably thought he could repel the Genki Dama.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:18 pm

He thought he could repel it after it was thrown at him and he had no choice but to do so. Beforehand, he had an expression of fear and even held Vegeta hostage (unless this is all anime-only too...*cries*).