Is Vegito vastly superior to Gogeta or only slightly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: Is Vegito vastly superior to Gogeta or only slightly?

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Kaboom wrote:Yet a mysterious, borderline-magical "there's something about Goku and Vegeta" boost is exactly what was given credit for Vegetto's extra strength.
That's subjective. The wording of the statement can be interpreted like this:

Chapter: 504 (DBZ 310), P9.2-3
Context: as Vegetto beats up on Gohan-absorbed Boo
Kaioshin-Kibito: “H-he’s strong!!! Majin Boo there is helpless!!! To think that merging with the Potara would be this incredible…!!”
Elder Kaioshin: “Idiot, it’s because it was those two that they [the potara] were able to go so far. Two of the top 3 masters in both the living world and afterlife have merged, after all. What’s more, two rivals have joined together. That’s definitely strongest.”

So more like Old Kaioshin saying the potara were so powerful when mixed with Goku and Vegeta, not that a completely different method of fusion will magically give Goku and Vegeta an extra boost.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:20 am

But fusion is a magical boost.

Base Gotenks(post rosat)> SSJ Gotenks(pre rosat) while SSJ Goten and Trunks(pre)> Base Goten and Trunks(post).

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:35 am

So, who's the 3rd master?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:12 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Kaboom wrote:Yet a mysterious, borderline-magical "there's something about Goku and Vegeta" boost is exactly what was given credit for Vegetto's extra strength.
That's subjective. The wording of the statement can be interpreted like this:

Chapter: 504 (DBZ 310), P9.2-3
Context: as Vegetto beats up on Gohan-absorbed Boo
Kaioshin-Kibito: “H-he’s strong!!! Majin Boo there is helpless!!! To think that merging with the Potara would be this incredible…!!”
Elder Kaioshin: “Idiot, it’s because it was those two that they [the potara] were able to go so far. Two of the top 3 masters in both the living world and afterlife have merged, after all. What’s more, two rivals have joined together. That’s definitely strongest.”

So more like Old Kaioshin saying the potara were so powerful when mixed with Goku and Vegeta, not that a completely different method of fusion will magically give Goku and Vegeta an extra boost.
I go with them being close in power, same race, etc, as they're extremely compatible. Hence their boost was so great. While Kibito and Kaioshin have a pretty big gap in power, may not be the same race, etc. I don't see why if Goten and Trunks used the potara, they wouldn't also get the same treatment.

In response to Kaboom. That's potara if you really want to take that interpretation at face value, and is never mentioned for fusion. Fair game to speculate it could count, but it's not stated it does count.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:58 am

Having thought about it a bit, I could see it making sense, that hypothetical Gogeta could have a proportionally bigger gap on Gotenks, than Goku and Vegeta have on Goten and Trunks in equivalent forms.
As far as we know Goten and Trunks individually only have Super Saiyan, whereas Goku and Vegeta both individually surpass that and Goku can even go SS3, and I think it could make sense, that could be very relevant, when using Fusion, even when using a consistent Fusion multiplier:

SS Goten/Trunks: 5 :arrow: 25.

SS Gotenks: 250 :arrow: 400
-SS2: 600.
-SS3: 1,250.

SS Goku/Vegeta: 50
-SS2: 100.
SS3 Goku: 400

SS Gogeta: 800.
SS2 Gogeta: 5,000.
SS3 Gogeta: 5,400.

So here the Fusion multiplier is 50x, but it applies to their max power, rather than individually boosting each and every Super Saiyan form by 50x ie. in Gotenks' case, pre-RoSaT his SS form is 50x as strong as Goten or Trunks' SS form, but post-RoSAT SS Gotenks is "only" 16x stronger than SS Goten or Trunks and now it's his SS3 form that's 50x stronger than Goten and Trunks' SS forms.

In Gogeta's case, not only are Goku and Vegeta twice as strong as their sons in equivalent forms, but they also have further forms, in Vegeta's case making him 4 times stronger than the kids, while Goku is 16 times stronger, than them, thus that could be reflected like this.
Since both can go SS2, they get that multiplied by 50 and SS2 Gogeta ends up being far more than 2x SS2 Gotenks(over 6 times stronger), unlike the gap presiding between SS Gogeta and SS Gotenks. However Goku also has SS3. We can't tell how Fusion is supposed to operate, when one of the fuseés have such a large power in reserve, so I just added Goku's SS3 power to Gogeta as a reserve power. I doubt it's going to be multiplied by 4 like it is in Goku's case.

Anyways hope it wasn't too long, but that's just one of the ideas, I have on this subject.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So, who's the 3rd master?
I assume the 3rd top master would be Gohan seeing as he is the only one who could completely handle Boo? Either that or Akira Toriyama already thought up the God of destruction at this point. :lol:

I mean the Rou Kaioshin did say Gohan would be the best in the universe after he gave him the power up.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:42 am

I think how well regular Vegetto was performing against Boo who achieved the ultimate power-up shows how extreme the
Potara is.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:35 am

Vastly. Potara is much stronger fusion than the dance one, because the stronger one doesn't need to lower his ki. Also, Vegetto fucking owned the strongest form of Majin Boo.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:06 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Herms wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:The main problem I have with a weak Gogeta is the fact that fusion is not linear.
Yeah, I appreciate the logic behind saying the gap between Gotenks and Gogeta should be equivalent to the gap between Goten/Trunks and Goku/Vegeta...but at the same time I think it might be too simplistic.

Also, while maybe it's not too relevant, how do the various games portray Gogeta in relation to Vegetto? All I can recall offhand is the Ultimate Butoden What-If story where they fight and Gogeta only loses because his fusion time runs out. Not exactly canon or anything, but I think that's how must people view the two: more or less equal, except Gogeta's got a time limit.
Personally I go with the one form theory. What ever a ssj1 Vegito can do Gogeta needs ssj2 to do the same thing.
The problem with that is that each super saiyan form has a different mutiplier, assuming you go by them. SSJ2 Gogeta wouldn't necessarily need to increase his PL by 4x(SSJ3 multiplier) to do something a SSJ2 Vegito could do.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:22 am

There is no multiplier for Fusion dance so we don't know how strong Gogeta is.

Formula for Potara Fusion:X battle power X Y battle power

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:58 am

We don't know because gogeta is not canon yet, only exist in movie and also the movie cannot fit db timeline . It could be even weaker but the no time limit make vegito has better endurance. so It's up to you
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:14 am

The way i see it.Even Base Vegetto is stronger than SSJ3 Gogeta,DB Kai have Base Vegetto stomping Buuhan,it doesnt contradict anything so I'm going with it.Unless Goku or Vegeta is way above Goten or Trunks,there would be no way SSJ3 Gogeta will be stronger than Vegetto.

Gotenks = 10
-SSJ = 500
-SSJ2 = 1,000
-SSJ3 = 4,000

Gogeta = 20
-SSJ = 1,000
-SSJ2 = 2,000
-SSJ3 = 8,000

Super Buu = 3,850
-Buutenks = 7,850
-Buuhan = 9,850

Ultimate Gohan = 6,000

Vegetto = 12,000
-SSJ = 600,000

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:25 pm

If you are using gogeta use the one from the movie.

Super janenba raped ssj3 goku with easy.Super janenba is around super buu's level or so.ssj gogeta took a full frontal punch from him after janenba powered up and he didnt even flinch.

Clearly ssj gogeta>>>>>>>ssj3 gotenks.

So IMO,vegetto would be stronger but only slightly.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 pm

buutenks wrote:If you are using gogeta use the one from the movie.

Super janenba raped ssj3 goku with easy.Super janenba is around super buu's level or so.ssj gogeta took a full frontal punch from him after janenba powered up and he didnt even flinch.

Clearly ssj gogeta>>>>>>>ssj3 gotenks.

So IMO,vegetto would be stronger but only slightly.
Except SSJ3 Goku is nowhere near Super Buu's level and also Goku was able to land some good hits on Janemba whereas his attacks arent even fazing Buutenks.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Truhan wrote:I only have SSJ3 Gotenks 1.6 times stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and Ultimate Gohan 2 times stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. They match my predictions of Buu's power, using symbolic numbers:

10000 - SSJ2 Vegetto (SSJ2 to the power of 2)
8192 - Super Buu w/ Ultimate Gohan
8000 - SSJ3 Gogeta
4096 - Super Buu w/ SSJ3 Gotenks
2500 - SSJ Vegetto (SSJ to the power of 2)
1280 - Ultimate Gohan
1000 - SSJ Gogeta
640 - Super Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks
400 - Kid Buu, SSJ3 Goku
1 - Base Goku, Vegeta, Gohan
0.08 - Base Trunks, Goten
I added a few interesting bits to my previous list. It's possible that SSJ Gogeta is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks like SSJ2 Vegetto is stronger than SSJ3 Gogeta. I considered Potara Fusion as the multipliers to the power of 2, while the Fusion Dance is 20 times the lowest battle power, which is then multiplied by SSJ and SSJ3 (50 and 400).

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Goku is stronger in the anime and the manga so saying Super Hanemba is around Super Buu isn't impossible.

Goku performed better than Gotenks did inside Buu than Gotenks did in the rosat.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:37 pm

In answer to the question, it would make sense to me that Gogeta is stronger than Vegito, to offset the fact Gogeta can only exist for 30 minutes.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:46 pm

I always felt that while Vegito was stronger, Gogeta's attacks were far more deadly. Basing it on his attacks. (Stardust Breaker)

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:32 am

Scarlet Spider wrote:I always felt that while Vegito was stronger, Gogeta's attacks were far more deadly. Basing it on his attacks. (Stardust Breaker)
That's not really a good way of looking at it though, since Vegetto had no intention whatsoever of killing Gohan Buu. He was intentionally playing around with him to force Buu into absorbing him. We never see Vegetto try to use a single attack on Buu that had the capacity to kill him, so saying that Gogeta's attacks were more deadly doesn't really have much merit.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:41 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Scarlet Spider wrote:I always felt that while Vegito was stronger, Gogeta's attacks were far more deadly. Basing it on his attacks. (Stardust Breaker)
That's not really a good way of looking at it though, since Vegetto had no intention whatsoever of killing Gohan Buu. He was intentionally playing around with him to force Buu into absorbing him. We never see Vegetto try to use a single attack on Buu that had the capacity to kill him, so saying that Gogeta's attacks were more deadly doesn't really have much merit.
Gogeta's attacks are more deadly because of the fact we didn't see Vegito's. Anything else is fan speculation.