Weirdest lies people have told you about the series?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:24 pm

t-bone135 wrote:I believed that Vegeta had to hold Kid Buu in place and take a shot from the spirit bomb, but that because the spirit bomb only obliterates those of a pure evil heart Vegeta survives and Kid Buu is destroyed. That's the best one I got.
I actually wouldn't mind if that were true. It makes the effect of Vegeta finally becoming truly good more powerful than his halo simply going away. :D

Um, I would tell some strange DB lie, but my friend that introduced me to the series was actually well informed. Any lies that I did find, I can't remember right now...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:42 pm

Let's see...

I got all this from Beckett:

After getting nearly killed by Goku, Freeza is rebuilt as a cyborg, then instructs that Androids be built along with Cell, mind you, along with a virus to wipe out races via the heart. Trunks kills Freeza, but doesn't finish off his ship, allowing the hibernating androids to awaken three years later. :roll:

Majin Buu Saga - Babidi and Dabura arrive on Earth, turn Piccolo and Kuririn into stone, then clone Vegeta, creating Majin Vegeta and unleash him on Goku, while Buu fights Gohan. :shock:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:43 pm

I kinda' found the entire episode dedicated to it and heart-wrenching self-secrificing moments (twice!!) enough to prove Vegeta's goodguyness ^_^;

Major LOLLing over that G/CC divorce one...

I do believe I once heard 'Goku ate Nimbus' o_O
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Mike wrote:
Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:3. Goku and Chi Chi get divorced in Dragonball GT.
That is by far one of the funniest things I have ever heard. :lol:
I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet after all Goku has put her through. :P

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
t-bone135 wrote:I believed that Vegeta had to hold Kid Buu in place and take a shot from the spirit bomb, but that because the spirit bomb only obliterates those of a pure evil heart Vegeta survives and Kid Buu is destroyed. That's the best one I got.
I actually wouldn't mind if that were true. It makes the effect of Vegeta finally becoming truly good more powerful than his halo simply going away. :D
I agree. I actually would've liked to see that. :D

OK, I got one. I once heard that since Krillin gets beat up so much, there's an episode where he gets addicted to painkillers, and everyone has an intervention for him.
Oh wait, I told that to someone. And they almost fell for it. :P

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:34 am

Gohan921 wrote:The biggest lie that I heard of was DBX. This was supposed to be the hentai version. What a damn lie.
Actually, DBX isn't a lie. XD It's not, you know, official, but it's out there. At least, I think DBX was the name of it. Either way, I know there's a DBZ Hentai movie... >_>

As for ones I was told... well, a frined of mine 'explained' the levels of Super Saiya-jin to me, during the SSJ Goku Vs. Freeza battle. In this explanation, SSJ2 looked like SSJ3 and SSJ3 was a man sized Golden Ape.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:25 am

Xyex wrote:
Gohan921 wrote:The biggest lie that I heard of was DBX. This was supposed to be the hentai version. What a damn lie.
Actually, DBX isn't a lie. XD It's not, you know, official, but it's out there. At least, I think DBX was the name of it. Either way, I know there's a DBZ Hentai movie... >_>
I think you're thinking of "Sailor Moon and the Seven Balls". XDDDDDD
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:54 am

Jerseymilk wrote:
Xyex wrote:
I think you're thinking of "Sailor Moon and the Seven Balls". XDDDDDD
Seven is an odd number.

:shock:

Nekoni
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nekoni » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:41 am

Vegeta-ble...

It's obvious who's responsible for the odd numbers.
http://nekoni.deviantart.com Your friendly neighbourhood artist.

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Come to think of it... my cousin told me a lot of crap.

He said he made Gogeta, and since it was mid-saiyan saga, and I was like, 8, I had no reason not to believe him. He even had an action figure... because at this time, Irwin thought it would be a good idea to release charecters from the end of the series.

He said Gohan married the Devil, which was more of a missunderstanding on his part.

He said Goten recieved his name because he died ten seconds in to his life and was then brought back to life with the Dragon Balls. Though, I guess for all we know, that could be true...

And finally, he told me that Gohan had a orange ball with four stars on it because if Gohan died 4 times, the earth would blow up. Yeah... I was very stupid.

I apologize for this post having no structure, I'm kinda out of it today.
[quote="Kunzait_83, on FUNimation's dub of [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i]"]"ACTION!!! EXTREME!!! AMERICAN!!!! PUNCHES TO THE HEAD!!! FUCK YEAH!!!"[/quote]
On [url=http://twitter.com/joey_blanton]my Twitter[/url], postin' some mad tweets.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:37 pm

This is an amusing topic. Makes me -almost- want to dig out my old Beckett issus, and find the quiz with the wrong 'correct' answer. But just thinking about it suffices, I'd say, 'cause you -know- giving wrong answers is incredibly helpful. 8)

Aside that, I have a fairly amusing one to add. For a time in 1999, my cousin and I had regularly been watching DragonBall Z when it aired in the afternoons on Cartoon Network, so when we saw each other we also regularly discussed the events and made silly little notional continuations. Average children behavior. Good times.

Somewhere down the line though [I'd say early Freeza], he was saying how he saw DragonBall Z Movie 12 [which, I am sure by now everyone has seen atleast once, what with the dub now being available on dvd] and that during it while Goku was fighting "Jameeba" [as he called Janemba] he went Super Saiyajin 4, but this isn't GT's Ssj4 we're talking about, according to him it looked like Ssj3 but with the hair of the normal Ssj form; the biggest difference involved hair color. He explains that rather than black, or golden colored hair, it was various hues of blue.
[It's likely at that time he had seen a few of those DragonBall: AF pictures floating around, with, if I am remembering correctly one of them being a blue haired Trunks, or Vegeta.]

I wasn't entirely certain if I should believe it or not, so I went and looked online for a bit of a summary for the film, and nothing of the kind was written of in it; and at the time [only being 14] I knew of no other way to verify anything he told me, other than episode/film summaries.

So yeah. Sch-wing. I think he still believes it to this day. [He stopped watching in 03', when DragonBall became 'lame', so I doubt he even cares. lol.]
Last edited by lost in thought on Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyberman
Not-So-Newbie
Location: Ascending Super Saiyan in the Room of Spirit and Time

Post by Cyberman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:38 pm

I was told by my not-so-credible friend that after Buu, GT had Brolly as the next big villian.

Oh, and Goten was Goku re-incarnated.

Vegito was the one to kill Buu.

Trunks killed Cell.

Goku and Vegeta were brothers.

Goku and Brolly were brothers.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:02 pm

Cyberman wrote:Trunks killed Cell.
Actually, Trunks DID kill Cell in his timeline after Gohan killed Cell in the other timeline.

Alright, Yamcha and Bulma are married in DBZ. Hard to believe? Yes. Hard to believe when I started watching the series? No.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:13 pm

:lol: Here's a funny ass one:

My friend told me that Gohan actually married Pan instead of having a daughter named Pan and that Pojo was a liar. :lol:
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:34 pm

Cyberman wrote:Vegito was the one to kill Buu.
If only that were true...
Goku and Vegeta were brothers.

Goku and Brolly were brothers.
So, Goku, Raditz, Tullece, Vegeta, and Broly were all brothers? Bardock is mighty indeed.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:56 pm

lost in thought wrote: [It's likely at that time he had seen a few of those DragonBall: AF pictures floating around, with, if I am remembering correctly one of them being a blue haired Trunks, or Vegeta
You may be thinking of this picture:

Anyway, I remember falling for the DBAF Prank. And friends telling me that There was a 14th DBZ Movie, and that in Dragonball Gt, Vegeta goes to SSJ3(which I still think would be cool.)

And about that hentai, try watching "Vegeta Dead Sexy" on Newgrounds. It's more of a comedy, really. :lol:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:06 pm

The only Dragon Ball lie I remember of was the one I came up with. Well it wasn't a lie, just a theory I came up with and stated it was the truth for years.

When I first played Dragon Ball Final Bout, I wasn't even finished from DBZ so my only plausible explanations for Super Saiyan 4 Goku were:

1. Goku trained in Hell and he turned all evil
2. That wasn't Goku but an evil copy/clone thing

All my mates believed it - me included - until GT aired... man... the shame... :oops:

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Steven Perry wrote:That's not the only lie I've been told, either... My "Official Playstation 2 Cheat Book" (or something like that) stated that you could transform into a Super Saiyan 3. Yeah right. :|
I even heard somewhere that SSj4 was in there. Pretty bold claim for a game that doesn't even reach into the Majin Boo Arc.
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:After getting nearly killed by Goku, Freeza is rebuilt as a cyborg, then instructs that Androids be built along with Cell, mind you, along with a virus to wipe out races via the heart. Trunks kills Freeza, but doesn't finish off his ship, allowing the hibernating androids to awaken three years later.
Screw the assigned questions. Tomorrow I'm writing the essay on my english exam about everything that's wrong with this statement.
Nekoni wrote:I do believe I once heard 'Goku ate Nimbus' o_O
He did eat yellow clouds before, so maybe that came from there.

Recently my brother told me that he heard that Janemba was an ancient demon king (predating Dabra) that was trapped inside the Soul Machine and was driven insane. I can kinda see how this could be interpreted if somebody saw Movie 12 raw, though.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:54 pm

The dub of Mystical Adventure was one of the first bits of the DragonBall series that I saw, and just before I watched it, my cousin, who had seen it beforehand, told me that Chaozu was apparently hundreds of years old. We also went by the mistaken idea that in the original DragonBall TV series, Chaozu was an emporer (this is mainly due to the fact that we didn't know that the movies screw with the canon storyline bigtime).
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:52 pm

*I was once told that in the final episode of GT, it is revealed that all humans are descendants of Saiya-jin.

*I had read that Tapion had given Trunks a sword (back before I even knew there was a movie 13), but a friend said Rou Dai Kaioushin gave it to him.

*That the show, instead of being made in Japan and dubbed over here, was made in Texas and later dubbed into Japanese (of course, I didn't believe this, having seen further than the episode the idiots were referencing as being the latest in America, in Japanese, and knew it was a Japanese anime all along... that didn't deter them, however).

*Ayanami Rei had a cameo in an episode.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!