Cabba Theory - Universe 6 LSSJ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Cabba Theory - Universe 6 LSSJ?

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Sorry to post this here but I cannot create a new thread in the Super section.

Thinking about Cabba and what would make him so special. He of course could have God Ki like Vegeta and Goku, but at this point I guess its a possibility that everyone at the tournament could.

Anyway, we know that the LSSJ exists in the Saiyan race and Saiyans and their original planet are in Universe 6. Since Kabba seems to be unique because he's at the tournament it would be likely that he could/would be the LSSJ. This would also explain his young appearance and weak look. Brolly also underwent a massive transformation from base to LSSJ so it would be amazing to see the same here.

Thoughts? Would it make sense in the grand scheme of the tournament and why Cabba is there specifically in the first place. Saiyans natural power level is no where near as high as say Freeza's races natural strength so this is the only plausible thought I have without severe conflict present in their universe. They all seem way to at ease and relaxed for their universe to be a particularly stressful environment.

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Cabba Theory - Universe 6 LSSJ?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:12 pm

You will not see Broli's "Legendary Super Saiyan" form in this story arc. That transformation is not the form from the legend in Toriyama's manga. That title belongs to the basic Super Saiyan state Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks and Goten already achieved long ago.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Except the legend specifically states every 1000 years. If the LSSJ status were achievable like you state then there is nothing unique about it and it could happen every 500, 100, or even every other year like it does in DBZ. Basically SSJ and legendary are two different ones due to the uniqueness and infrequency of its occurrence, unless you consider Brolly non canon?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:42 pm

TheMikado wrote:Except the legend specifically states every 1000 years. If the LSSJ status were achievable like you state then there is nothing unique about it and it could happen every 500, 100, or even every other year like it does in DBZ. Basically SSJ and legendary are two different ones due to the uniqueness and infrequency of its occurrence, unless you consider Brolly non canon?
Legends aren't facts. That's why they're legends.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Except the legend specifically states every 1000 years. If the LSSJ status were achievable like you state then there is nothing unique about it and it could happen every 500, 100, or even every other year like it does in DBZ. Basically SSJ and legendary are two different ones due to the uniqueness and infrequency of its occurrence, unless you consider Brolly non canon?
I don't want to make this a LSSJ vs SSJ argument, but I think a legend where instead of 1 once every thousand years to now given out like candy corn on Halloween makes little sense when you had hundreds/thousands of Saiyans hired as mercenaries, increasing their power levels, constantly fighting and far more "pure evil" than Vegeta and not hitting SSJ level. Basically given the criteria Saiyans should have been hitting SSJ left and right for hundreds of years.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
I don't want to make this a LSSJ vs SSJ argument, but I think a legend where instead of 1 once every thousand years to now given out like candy corn on Halloween makes little sense when you had hundreds/thousands of Saiyans hired as mercenaries, increasing their power levels, constantly fighting and far more "pure evil" than Vegeta and not hitting SSJ level. Basically given the criteria Saiyans should have been hitting SSJ left and right for hundreds of years.
Goku and Vegeta are freaks, and were given opportunities that no other Saiyan, as far as we know, had any chance of having.

And, out of universe, one of Dragon Ball's biggest themes is subverting expectations. The strongest guy in the world was an old guy with a stick. The most powerful being in the universe was a tiny, androgynous alien. The ancient god-slaying demon turned out to be a fat man-child. I could go on and on and on. Having an ancient legend be rendered essentially irrelevant soon after it being realized is par for the course.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:31 pm

I don't really care about canon, but Broli and the "Legendary Super Saiyan" form are not and will never be a factor in this story arc. Toriyama was the one responsible for writing the manga as well as the recent Beerus and beyond revival. While he did design him, Broli and his mutated Super Saiyan form are not a part of that work and were not his idea. The man does not care about stuff he didn't come up with (see his complete contradiction of the Bardock TV Special with Jaco/DB-, despite praising said special multiple times over the years), so his legendary Super Saiyan is what we've already seen basically every Saiyan on earth already unlock.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm

You need to take into account a few things though regarding the legend.

1) Back then, a thousand years ago, most Saiya-jin warriors wouldn't have any kind of extraordinary battle power, certainly not to have pushed themselves to the brink of their racial limits and beyond.

2) Three of the Super Saiya-jin we see are also half human, shown and stated to be a powerful and amazing blend of the two races. Again, not something that would have existed a thousand years ago.

3) Using Vegeta as a reference point for what a normal Saiya-jin would have been like, most all of them likely lacked the tranquil heart needed to transform. We have two full-blooded only being able to transform once they met all the conditions, and then the other three benefiting, at least in part, on their human halves. Trunks and Goten in particular had it extremely easy because they were born tailless.

4) A legend is a legend. While there's an inkling of truth in legends, legends don't have to be 100% accurate (and most tend not to be).

5) The legend itself doesn't specifically say that only one Super Saiya-jin can appear even thousand years, simply that one does appear every thousand years. That leaves it open for others to appear at other points as well, just that one "has" to appear every thousand years.

If you're familiar with the original Star Trek series, it's somewhat similar to the pon farr mating ritual in Vulcans, where every seven years, they're physically compelled to take a mate. Because of how it was described in the original series, fans took it to mean that Vulcans only mated once every seven years, but this was dispelled when the writer of that episode established that they could mate whenever they wanted, and just were obligated to every seven years.

It's the same here. Super Saiya-jin can appear at times other than once every thousand years, but one will appear every thousand years.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:44 am

If this does end up being the case, I hope we get to see Vegeta being a little bitch and then getting one-shotted...again, that would be so awesome :clap:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Pocket-God wrote:If this does end up being the case, I hope we get to see Vegeta being a little bitch and then getting one-shotted...again, that would be so awesome :clap:
That's what I was thinking, with nipples forced to come in and save the day.

I guess I everyone else is pretty much on the same page about LSSJ not being a true form, however it would be 100% fit this character.

Young, non muscular character who suddenly explodes into a titan who towers over Vegeta and Goku. Oh well, guess we will find out soon enough.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Don't think so.
But if Toriyama/Toei want to come up with a new tranformation, Cabba should make the honours against Vegeta.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:53 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Don't think so.
But if Toriyama/Toei want to come up with a new tranformation, Cabba should make the honours against Vegeta.
There is so much interest that Vegeta has with him and U6 I wouldn't doubt it if U6 had different forms. I think it'd be cool if Cabba say's he's never heard of a Super Saiyan. Actually it'd be cool if they had a different name for the form and explained it further.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:31 am

Xeztin wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Don't think so.
There is so much interest that Vegeta has with him and U6 I wouldn't doubt it if U6 had different forms. I think it'd be cool if Cabba say's he's never heard of a Super Saiyan. Actually it'd be cool if they had a different name for the form and explained it further.
I'm actually hating all these new transformations I swear the seem so random and pulled from no where in previous lore.
In Dragonball we went the entire series only knowing about the Oozaru transformation, then in DBZ frieza transforms like 3 times, Goku and the rest of the gang transform into Super Saiyans, then cell transforms multiple times, then they invent SSJ2. Then buu transforms I don't know how many times, in response the z fighters get Mystic Saiyan, fusion, and SSJ3. Then Beerus shows up and they suddenly get a SSG form never previously mentioned and then Golden transformed Frieza shows up and gets pounded by SSB Vegeta and Goku out of nowhere... Ugh.

I hate that the answer to make everyone stronger is a random transformation that no one has heard of and has no previous precedent for even existing! At least in GT you only get 1 new transformation for the Saiyans and that was built on two previous transformations combined. Any I hope with all my being that Cabba doesn't pull out some random unknown transformation and that what ever he does is built within the bounds of what we already know about Saiyans and not pulled out of thin air... /end rant

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:43 am

I hope Cabba and U6 Saiyans have their unique transformation.
I would like SSJ to be U7 exclusive, as it's awaken by pure rage and it fits more with brutal-U7 Saiyans than with pacific U6 ones.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:05 am

emperior wrote:I hope Cabba and U6 Saiyans have their unique transformation.
I would like SSJ to be U7 exclusive, as it's awaken by pure rage and it fits more with brutal-U7 Saiyans than with pacific U6 ones.
So a powerful Saiyan form born from...love?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:52 pm

TheMikado wrote:
emperior wrote:I hope Cabba and U6 Saiyans have their unique transformation.
So a powerful Saiyan form born from...love?

No, they should either only use the original Super Saiyan God form (so no access to Super Saiyan Blue) or being able to access their Oozaru form at will, or have a SSJ4 like transformation.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks are already Legendary Super Saiyans. LSSJ = SSJ1 in the canon world

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:34 pm

I believe Freeza started the whole transformation thing because he was viewed as getting stronger every time he changes his form. A base Goku defeating true form Freeza probably would have looked odd, so he got the SSJ to be stronger. That's when I think the whole "Get Stronger? Let's Transform!" thing started. All the transformations is probably a big reason why DBZ became so popular in the US.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks are already Legendary Super Saiyans. LSSJ = SSJ1 in the canon world
What is this "canon" you speak of? :wink:

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten and Trunks are already Legendary Super Saiyans. LSSJ = SSJ1 in the canon world
What is this "canon" you speak of? :wink:
My man's Toriyama's vision, you know, the guy that created this whole thing. ;)