I don't understand the rules for the time chamber room

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

I don't understand the rules for the time chamber room

Post by precita » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:54 am

First its said only 2 people can go there at a time in the Cell arc. Then in the Buu saga you have Goten, Trunks, Piccolo and Buu all in there at once.

Then its said you can only use it twice in your lifetime, and both Goku and Vegeta have already been there twice. Now in Super they're both somehow able to go in there again for 3 years no less.

I don't get it. Am I missing something?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: I don't understand the rules for the time chamber room

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:58 am

It's possible that Dende improved the room while he was fixing it so you can go there more times and for longer.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:23 am

Just because only 2 people are allowed to go there,doesn't mean 3 or more people can't enter the room.Who knows they might have the 2 people rules thing so that the food supply won't run out.

It's been stated in episode 30 that Dende is fixing the ROSAT,so it's possible that he improved it.And Goku and Vegeta can just go out of the ROSAT like how Evil Boo and SSj3 Gotenks did it.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:40 am

precita wrote:First its said only 2 people can go there at a time in the Cell arc. Then in the Buu saga you have Goten, Trunks, Piccolo and Buu all in there at once.

Then its said you can only use it twice in your lifetime, and both Goku and Vegeta have already been there twice. Now in Super they're both somehow able to go in there again for 3 years no less.

They never had that twice in your lifetime rule. You may be confused because Goku refused to go after his second time. He did that because he was OH SO CONFIDENT in his plan to have Gohan kill Cell. Goku was his usual idiot self, nothing more.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ToxicFlame707
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ToxicFlame707 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:53 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:And Goku and Vegeta can just go out of the ROSAT like how Evil Boo and SSj3 Gotenks did it.
Exactly, their current base forms are currently far above that of Super Buu and SSj3 Gotenks, there's no way they shouldn't be able to create wormholes

ToxicFlame707
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ToxicFlame707 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:54 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
precita wrote:First its said only 2 people can go there at a time in the Cell arc. Then in the Buu saga you have Goten, Trunks, Piccolo and Buu all in there at once.

They never had that twice in your lifetime rule. You may be confused because Goku refused to go after his second time. He did that because he was OH SO CONFIDENT in his plan to have Gohan kill Cell. Goku was his usual idiot self, nothing more.
[Kami]collo and Mr. Popo stated there is a 48hr/730 day limit

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:09 am

Piccolo said Dende upgraded the room, removing any time limits.

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:13 pm

If I remember correctly, it was only suggested that two people only entered due to the limited supplies.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Didn't Popo or Goku explicitly say that Dende enhanced the room in the last Super episode?
Wilderness wrote:If I remember correctly, it was only suggested that two people only entered due to the limited supplies.
Yup. Goku said there were only two beds and so much food to go around.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:53 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Just because only 2 people are allowed to go there,doesn't mean 3 or more people can't enter the room.Who knows they might have the 2 people rules thing so that the food supply won't run out.

It's been stated in episode 30 that Dende is fixing the ROSAT,so it's possible that he improved it.And Goku and Vegeta can just go out of the ROSAT like how Evil Boo and SSj3 Gotenks did it.
I agree with all of this.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Goku didn't have any plan, he just tried his best to relax, and not get strained. Had he (or piccolo) got in again, he might've done more harm than good.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:01 pm

But that is a plan. Goku went in and pushed himself to his limit and discovered the depth of Gohan's power. When he was happy with the result and figured that he was at his limit, he decided to not push himself any further because as he said, it would've done more harm than good. It's analogous to lifting weights. You don't just constantly lift weights. You need a rest in order to build muscle.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:10 pm

First of all it wasn't said only 2 people can go there at a time in the Cell arc. What was said was the room was only set up for 2 people. As in there was only enough food for two people to last a year in there at a time.

Goku did say that you can only go in there for 2 whole days. Piccolo explained later that after 2 days the door will cease to exist for them and they would be trapped there. But since then the door has been destroyed and re-made by Dende. Chances are when Dende re-made the door to the RoSaT he upgraded it so that they can train there for longer than 2 days.