Vegetto "possibly" stronger than SSJ4?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Vegetto "possibly" stronger than SSJ4?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Fri May 27, 2016 7:12 am

I remember in DBGT (I believe it was against Bebi??) that Kaioshin said merging wouldn't be enough to take him down. But in the DBGT animanga it says :

Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!

Shouldn't DBGT itself give us a clear answer that Vegetto was inferior to SSJ4?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: Vegetto "possibly" stronger than SSJ4?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri May 27, 2016 7:45 am

The main issue is that Goku's base is as strong as Buu in GT. There are just inconsistency in GT power-levels IMO. If Vegeta finally becomes on par with Goku than does that mean his base is also as strong as Buu, it's kinda hard to believe if his base is that strong.

Vegito is pretty strong, I think Vegito in the Buu arc is as strong or stronger than SSJ4 Goku.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Fri May 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:The main issue is that Goku's base is as strong as Buu in GT. There are just inconsistency in GT power-levels IMO. If Vegeta finally becomes on par with Goku than does that mean his base is also as strong as Buu, it's kinda hard to believe if his base is that strong.

Vegito is pretty strong, I think Vegito in the Buu arc is as strong or stronger than SSJ4 Goku.
To be fair though, Goku was already fighting Oob in base at the end of Z. So it was based off that likely.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri May 27, 2016 1:46 pm

I suspect the idea behind that bit was that we never saw the full extent of Super Vegetto's power, because he didn't need all of it to beat Boo. So for all we know, his maximum could even be stronger than SS4 Goku.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri May 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Kaboom wrote:I suspect the idea behind that bit was that we never saw the full extent of Super Vegetto's power, because he didn't need all of it to beat Boo. So for all we know, his maximum could even be stronger than SS4 Goku.
IMO, the power scaling of GT is Super Buu absorption tier to Vegito tier which is still pretty high.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:48 pm

I remember in DBGT (I believe it was against Bebi??) that Kaioshin said merging wouldn't be enough to take him down. But in the DBGT animanga it says :
It's kind of hard for Vegetto to exist when it'd require Vegeta, and Vegeta was being possessed by Bebi at the time. Additionally, the only time I remember fusion being indicated as not being enough was Gotenks in trying to fight Bebi Vegeta, and nothing in regards to Goku.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
It's kind of hard for Vegetto to exist when it'd require Vegeta, and Vegeta was being possessed by Bebi at the time. Additionally, the only time I remember fusion being indicated as not being enough was Gotenks in trying to fight Bebi Vegeta, and nothing in regards to Goku.
Wasn't that in the fight with the final dragon? I don't remember fusion even being mentioned until the last arc, when Goku tells them to give him their power instead, since fusion would be useless.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Wasn't that in the fight with the final dragon? I don't remember fusion even being mentioned until the last arc, when Goku tells them to give him their power instead, since fusion would be useless.
No, it was when Uub was inside Bebi Vegeta's body, attacking him from the inside to stall for time.
Goku: "You can't win."

Goten: "B-but if we undergo Fusion, and everyone goes after him at once..."

Goku: "Even if you go through Fusion and become Gotenks, and everyone gangs up on him, there ain't a sliver of a chance of us beating him."

Goten: "S-so what are you saying, Father, that we should stick our fingers in our mouths and let him beat us?!"

Goku: "No, I ain't. There's only one way... Everyone, let me have all of your Super Saiya power! Return me to a full power Super Saiyan 4 once again. [ ] That's all we can do for now. If I were a Super Saiyan at full power, there's no way I could lose!"

Pan: "Right! Give Grandpa your power! I've seen him with my own eyes, after all! At Super Saiyan 4, Grandpa is really, really, unbelievably strong!"

exodius33

Post by exodius33 » Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 pm

base Vegetto was curbstomping Super Buu (if we're taking the anime into account) and he didn't even need to go SSJ, he was just showing off.

If Gotenks, made from two child super saiyans, could go SSJ3, I'm certain Vegetto could as well, and I think a SSJ3 Vegetto could have been stronger than an unfused SSJ4.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:Shouldn't DBGT itself give us a clear answer that Vegetto was inferior to SSJ4?
It does, but not in the way that you're implying. Fusion is only brought up when talking about Goten and Trunks possibly fusing to try and fight Vegeta-Baby, though, as mentioned above, that sentiment is instantly shut down.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Super Vegito from the Buu saga being anywhere near as strong as SSJ4 Goku is pretty much impossible.
Super Bebi Vegeta 1 had surpassed Super Vegito, he then powered up to Super Bebi Vegeta 2 and then powered up even further and became Golden Oozaru Bebi yet SSJ4 Goku could still over power him.

so the chain should go like this-

SSJ4 Goku > Golden Oozaru Bebi > SSJ3 Vegito > Super Bebi Vegeta 2 > SSJ2 Vegito =(or)> Super Bebi Vegeta 1 > SSJ Vegito > Base Vegito.

so....SSJ4 Goku = Super Vegito? Nah get that garbage out of here.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Fri May 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Pocket-God wrote:Super Vegito from the Buu saga being anywhere near as strong as SSJ4 Goku is pretty much impossible.
Super Bebi Vegeta 1 had surpassed Super Vegito, he then powered up to Super Bebi Vegeta 2 and then powered up even further and became Golden Oozaru Bebi yet SSJ4 Goku could still over power him.

SSJ4 Goku > Golden Oozaru Bebi > SSJ3 Vegito > Super Bebi Vegeta 2 > SSJ2 Vegito =(or)> Super Bebi Vegeta 1 > SSJ Vegito > Base Vegito.

I was just referring to the quote in the Dragonbook saying that Vegetto is "perhaps" stronger than SSJ4.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Sat May 28, 2016 12:06 am

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:
Pocket-God wrote:Super Vegito from the Buu saga being anywhere near as strong as SSJ4 Goku is pretty much impossible.

I was just referring to the quote in the Dragonbook saying that Vegetto is "perhaps" stronger than SSJ4.
Oh no, the last part of my comment wasn't directed at you, I just meant that the idea of Vegito being as strong as SSJ4 Goku is garbage and no one should take it seriously.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Pocket-God wrote: Super Bebi Vegeta 1 had surpassed Super Vegito, he then powered up to Super Bebi Vegeta 2 and then powered up even further and became Golden Oozaru Bebi yet SSJ4 Goku could still over power him.
If you're referring to the whole "Greatest Saiya power" line, there's multiple ways that can be taken to where it still leaves Vegetto the stronger overall.

1) Bebi is referring to the greatest individual Saiya-jin power, and not something that existed solely through fusion.

2) Bebi is referring to the greatest Saiya-jin power that now exists. Since Vegetto doesn't exist anymore, possessing Vegeta and undeniably surpassing Goku's battle power would give him the greatest Saiya-jin power.

3) It's just typical villain boasting. We've seen time and again villains making such boasts and claims, so this wouldn't be anything new.

-----

Now, if you're referring to Goku's follow-up about Bebi Vegeta being the greatest he's ever sensed, there's ways that can be resolved too.

1) He's referring to the greatest he's ever sensed from someone else. Since he was Vegetto, and feeling your own power isn't the same as sensing, Vegetto could be far stronger than Bebi Vegeta while still being something Goku hadn't sensed.

2) He's referring to the greatest he personally has sensed. Again, since he was Vegetto, it wasn't technically him that would be sensing power, but a new entity.

3) He's just excluding what he's experienced before. We've seen him do that before as well, for in movie 12, he commented that Janemba's fat form was more powerful than anything he had ever sensed before, then proceeded to effortlessly overpower him with Ssj3. That wouldn't really be possible if Goku was factoring his own strength into it (either by being able to sense his own power or just ignoring his own sensed strength), as otherwise Janemba wouldn't be the most powerful he's sensed.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:58 pm

There's also the fact that Baby didn't have immediate total access to his hosts' memories. He didn't know who Chi-Chi was without having to pull that information out of Goten. He wouldn't have known about Vegetto without having a reason to access Vegeta's memories of that.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sat May 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:There's also the fact that Baby didn't have immediate total access to his hosts' memories. He didn't know who Chi-Chi was without having to pull that information out of Goten. He wouldn't have known about Vegetto without having a reason to access Vegeta's memories of that.
He seems to have some memories, though. When he went inside of Goten, he knew where Goten lived, he instantly knew Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan on Earth, and he also knew Gohan's name.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Analytic wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:There's also the fact that Baby didn't have immediate total access to his hosts' memories. He didn't know who Chi-Chi was without having to pull that information out of Goten. He wouldn't have known about Vegetto without having a reason to access Vegeta's memories of that.
He seems to have some memories, though. When he went inside of Goten, he knew where Goten lived, he instantly knew Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan on Earth, and he also knew Gohan's name.
It's not consistent is the point I'm making, though.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Goku rembered his time as vegeto during his fight with kid buu in the anime.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:25 pm

pacz360 wrote:Goku rembered his time as vegeto during his fight with kid buu in the anime.
I'm referring to Baby's access to his hosts' memories. He doesn't seem to have immediate access to everything, because he didn't know about Chi-Chi, Uub, etc. His knowledge is inconsistent.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat May 28, 2016 9:20 pm

It could possibly mean a general comparison between the power ups i.e. how Goku & Vegeta fusing with the potara to form Vegetto and turning SSJ1 compares with Goku turning SSJ4. Like a hypothetical GT SSJ1 Vegetto Versus GT SSJ4 Goku. Not the Buu arc Vegetto Vs GT SSJ4 Goku.

The logic is probably that base Vegetto is comparable to Goku going SSJ3. Then turning SSJ1 makes him stronger by whatever the SSJ1 multiplier is. On the other hand SSJ4 made Goku go from the SSJ3 level of getting easily beaten by Bebi Vegeta to a level of being on par with Oozaru Bebi Vegeta. So in other words the statement might just be saying "the multiplier of SSJ1 upon the base level is probably larger than the multiplier of SSJ4 upon the SSJ3 level".