are beerus and champa really brothers?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

are beerus and champa really brothers?

Post by dragonballer » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:05 pm

are they really brothers? or they just call their twin universe counterpart brother? is it the same for whis and vados? curiously,the kaiohshins or kaiohs don't call each other brother when they are from the same tree.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Are Beerus and Champa really brothers?

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:25 pm

I believe maybe all the Universes were once one (just a possibility, don't quote me on that), and before they were split into 18, some of the Gods of Destruction were siblings, which is how they got assigned to the twin Universes.

TL;DR version:
Yes.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: are beerus and champa really brothers?

Post by flashback0180 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:17 pm

They are twin universes. Therefore everything identical is a twin object.

The kaioshin timeline was altered hugely . So they can't be "twins" they are completely different gods. Buu was not hidden on earth , there is no indication that champa had sealed any kaioshin like berus . And ingenral they don't indicate there was bad blood between the kaioshins and Champa.

Or maybe the kais are special , remember they are born from basically a mysterious sacred tree. While we are clueless about Whis and berus .

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Re: are beerus and champa really brothers?

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Champa looks like Beerus, they fight like brothers, they even share a birthday...
Whis also mentioned his planet in the manga, so maybe Beerus and Champa were born together in another planet as Whis and Vados did in theirs?
Sleeping until the tournament is over.