Hit's time leap/skip

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Hit's time leap/skip

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm confused on how this technique work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the anime makes seem like time is frozen and Hit is able to move freely whereas in the manga it seems like Hit is like sent to the future (essentially skipping time).
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Hit's time leap/skip

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:11 am

I tend to go with the latter interpretation, and take the animation frames that seem to contradict it in the anime as artistic license.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:32 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the anime makes seem like time is frozen and Hit is able to move freely whereas in the manga it seems like Hit is like sent to the future (essentially skipping time).
No offense, but they are doing the same thing and I think that's because what they did in the anime is hard to execute in a manga - which was done quite well, I must admit. Skipping time, from the "time freezer"'s perspective, is as if time was "frozen" during that period of time - but time is not actually "frozen", it effectively is just moving reeeeeally slowly. For the ones who don't know what's going in, it's as if the "time freezer" move incredibly fast.

Remember Guldo vs Gohan & Kuririn? It's the same principal: the diference is that Guldo actually stopped/froze time for several seconds, making that easier to perceive. With Hit, who has a much shorter time stopping window, things happened really fast.

I'd have to check on the episode again, but if memory serves, in the anime Goku barely moved during that short period of "frozen" time, meaning that he had to be in his final defensive position just before the time skip technique was used. I hope my perspective makes sense and the theory was clear enough.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:I'm confused on how this technique work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the anime makes seem like time is frozen and Hit is able to move freely whereas in the manga it seems like Hit is like sent to the future (essentially skipping time).
Overall I think the best way to describe Hit's ability is to look over at another series. The series Kamen Rider Kabuto to be exact. The series has a running power that all combatants have across the board called Clock Up which is a little odd since is just slows time around the users down. Essentially the ability slows time around them to almost a complete stand still and boy howdy when I say stand still...I mean STAND STILL! In theory the users just creates a bubble of 'normal time' around them while the rest of time is slowed down to such an extreme, this creates an effect for those outside of clock up that makes the two fighters seem like they are fighting at inhuman speeds.

Later down the road when kamen rider crossovers started happening thanks to the likes of Decade, we were introduced to the concept that riders who have super speed forms could actually keep up with clock up riders (See the TheBee vs Decade as Faiz AXEL fight.) Which is where I think they were going with Goku focusing so much on speed to counter Hit's ability, even using Kaio-ken to gain that little speed edge, so essentially I've just been under the impression that Hit's ability is just the Dragon Ball equivalent of Clock up.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey