Why does Beerus always underestimate and ignore Vegeta ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Re: Why does Beerus always underestimate and ignore Vegeta ?

Post by laserkid » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:24 pm

I think you're all missing the point, Beerus isn't ignoring Vegeta in favor of Goku, he's helping them both!

Goku is motivated by a stronger fighter to pit himself up against, [spoiler]hence the Monaka deception[/spoiler], but Vegeta is less motivated by that and MORE motivated by being underestimated, by being told he can't do something, and by being disrespected.

Two different students, two different approaches.
-Laserkid

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:39 pm

laserkid wrote:I think you're all missing the point, Beerus isn't ignoring Vegeta in favor of Goku, he's helping them both!

Goku is motivated by a stronger fighter to pit himself up against, [spoiler]hence the Monaka deception[/spoiler], but Vegeta is less motivated by that and MORE motivated by being underestimated, by being told he can't do something, and by being disrespected.

Two different students, two different approaches.
Although that seems like great head Canon, it's still head Canon. Nothing confirms this to be the actual truth. I'm still pretending it is from now on though
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Well sure, but given that we have no in canon explanation it's all head canon theory, and I'm totally open to being wrong - it just makes sense to me.
-Laserkid

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:37 am

Because Vegeta is absolutely useless in ANY situation that seems bigger than he is?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"