Do you think Beerus has been made too strong?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Do you think Beerus has been made too strong?

Post by ryan s » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:37 pm

[spoiler]In manga chapter 23 it is stated by Shin that Vegetto might be stronger than Beerus (when powering up his strongest attack), meaning the two must be very close in power as he can't really tell.[/spoiler]

Vegetto in his base form is stronger than SSJ3 Goku and that means he would be more than 400x stronger than Goku at his peak, Also in the manga a bigger gap is implied as Base Vegetto blasts merged zamasu's arm off with ease.

Beerus and Vegetto are very close in power, so it would be a difference over 400x between him and Goku.

Beerus 0.25% = SSB Goku

0.25 x 400= 100

i don't see how Goku could catch up to Beerus at this point and i assume the same gap applies in the anime. They keep making Beerus stronger and stronger.

SkuLLR3D

Re: do you think Beerus has been made too strong?

Post by SkuLLR3D » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 pm

I personally don't think so. It gives goku and vegeta a goal to strive for. And I think they'll make it there without fusion too, in time of course.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

It's probably fair to say that the problem wasn't the strength per se, but the execution when establishing Beerus' strength. The only glaring, and yet fundamentally critical, problem.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:It's probably fair to say that the problem wasn't the strength per se, but the execution when establishing Beerus' strength. The only glaring, and yet fundamentally critical, problem.
Yeah that is true, if he was supposed to be this strong from the start they could have executed it far better.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: Do you think Beerus has been made too strong?

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am

"But if Beerus was going at 70% in Battle of Gods, then Vegetto should be the clear winner, right?"

Beerus' strength has been the subject of three different media written by different people in a short span of time. I think all we can really do is wait to see what the two Super series do with him.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 am

Pretty sure its a intentional decision to ensure Goku and Vegeta DONT catch up to Beerus - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... b-version/

Toyotarō:
… I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama:
Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't mind him being storng I just don't like how they're doing it.

We were told in the BOG movie that he used 70% of his power against Ssjg Goku and 10% against Ssj2 Vegeta in Super yet now after everything those 2 have went through and finding a form abover Ssjg they just "might" be stronger than him AFTER fusing and getting even stronger from the fusion ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 pm

If anything they had made him too weak in the movie, I never liked the idea of a God Of Destruction who's been alive for hundreds of millions of years needs to use 70% of his power against some guy who just got the power of the Gods by hand holding.

Thankfully Super retconned it and made Beerus someone who isn't going to get surpassed quickly

Gogito

Post by Gogito » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm

No but I think that the God power is being misused. Like think about it, this is literally the power of a god and now it's being tossed away because of that limit breaking stuff (I know that this isn't certain but it's likely). Honestly I think SSJ4 is a better transformation as it's more organic, more rooted into the Saiyajin bloodline.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:10 am

Saiyan007 wrote:If anything they had made him too weak in the movie, I never liked the idea of a God Of Destruction who's been alive for hundreds of millions of years needs to use 70% of his power against some guy who just got the power of the Gods by hand holding.
Buu was alive for milleniums and also suffers from this problem.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Its the way Beerus has been powered up over time that bothers me TBH. Goku gets 10x stronger, Beerus is still above him. Goku gets even more stronger thanks to him being 10x stronger than his u6 arc and on top of that he stacks KK and Beerus is still stronger. So basically Goku can get 1000 times stronger and Beerus will magically still be above him, just because.

They could have easily solved this problem by simply stating in the BoG retellings, that Beerus used a small fraction of his power vs ssg. And done.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:47 pm

I'd be OK if Goku surpassed Beerus or if he didn't. If he did, it would be a milestone we all could celebrate, but if he didn't it would be a cool change to see one person that Goku just can't beat, kind of like the one dude who beat Saitama.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm

In Super , Vegeta raged was 10% Beerus. Ssb is stronger than vegeta and when Goku used x10 kaioken he is still weaker than Beerus. Then we go on to Merged Zamasu and Vegetto Blue and fans still believe he is weaker than Beerus. If anything Beerus is overpowered BUT atleast it gives them something to work for. At the same time though they haven't made a huge step in power since they are still weaker than Beerus. Every saga Goku becomes extremely stronger than he was before even stronger than the last villain. Here hasn't made such progress ever since the Bog arc and Rof arc

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:02 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't mind him being storng I just don't like how they're doing it.

We were told in the BOG movie that he used 70% of his power against Ssjg Goku and 10% against Ssj2 Vegeta in Super yet now after everything those 2 have went through and finding a form abover Ssjg they just "might" be stronger than him AFTER fusing and getting even stronger from the fusion ?
Beerus trains while he eats and sleeps.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 pm

It makes the BoG saga really stupid.

Why would Beerus go through so much effort to find the SSJG when he doesn't even need to use 1% of his power to beat him?

Why not fight Whis or Champa instead and have a better fight with a lot less effort?

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:51 pm

Not seeing how Beerus is too strong when SSJG Goku=60% of Beerus.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 pm

ryan s wrote:[spoiler]In manga chapter 23 it is stated by Shin that Vegetto might be stronger than Beerus (when powering up his strongest attack), meaning the two must be very close in power as he can't really tell.[/spoiler]

Vegetto in his base form is stronger than SSJ3 Goku and that means he would be more than 400x stronger than Goku at his peak, Also in the manga a bigger gap is implied as Base Vegetto blasts merged zamasu's arm off with ease.

Beerus and Vegetto are very close in power, so it would be a difference over 400x between him and Goku.

Beerus 0.25% = SSB Goku

0.25 x 400= 100

i don't see how Goku could catch up to Beerus at this point and i assume the same gap applies in the anime. They keep making Beerus stronger and stronger.
Vegetto isn't stronger than SS3 Goku in his base form, that was something that only appeared in the anime only. In the original manga he never even bothered fighting against Buuhan in his base form, rather choosing to take him on in his base form.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Also, Beerus, and Whis's power were retconned so that you can have a longer story. And so Goku, and Vegeta won't surpass them.

SuperSalt

Post by SuperSalt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 am

I think he is exactly as strong as they need him to be. As Toriyama has stated; he don't have any plans of Goku and Vegeta surpassing Beerus right now. He is a character who's there for Vegeta, and Goku especially, to have something to strive for.
Personally, I think they will surpass him eventually, but until that, Beerus will keep being OP, and our beloved heroes wont stand a chance against him. I'd like an arc where Beerus turns mad for reasons. Until they need to beat him, I don't think they will even come close to surpassing him

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am

Gog wrote:
ryan s wrote:[spoiler]In manga chapter 23 it is stated by Shin that Vegetto might be stronger than Beerus (when powering up his strongest attack), meaning the two must be very close in power as he can't really tell.[/spoiler]

Beerus 0.25% = SSB Goku

0.25 x 400= 100

Vegetto isn't stronger than SS3 Goku in his base form, that was something that only appeared in the anime only. In the original manga he never even bothered fighting against Buuhan in his base form, rather choosing to take him on in his base form.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Also, Beerus, and Whis's power were retconned so that you can have a longer story. And so Goku, and Vegeta won't surpass them.
in the manga zamasu believes he will have a harder time with Base vegetto than with SSB Goku so his base is way beyond 400x