Best Daizenshuu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:38 pm

Nope. I did have several windows open at once though, so I must have just gotten confused.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:24 pm

Trying to make your points in too many places at once I see. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Nope. I did have several windows open at once though, so I must have just gotten confused.
Now normally, I wouldn't blame you, since I do the same thing myself. But since your post made me lose a whole brain cell...

(Gathers his entire manga collection into a plastic bag)
MANGA SACK SMACK ATTACK!
(knocks Liam into the horizon)
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:16 pm

The S wrote:(Gathers his entire manga collection into a plastic bag)
MANGA SACK SMACK ATTACK!
Heh! That's cute! Sounds like an attack that Gotenks would think up. ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

eienmic
Not-So-Newbie

Daizenshuu Guide

Post by eienmic » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:40 am

1) Complete Illustrations - Self Explanatory. Toriyama-sensei's complete works for Dragon Ball. Lots of pretty pictures, no real info.
2) Story Guide - Summaries for all 42 tankoubon, in depth character bios, all significant battles, character relations, all special techniques, and lots of the color pages from the manga. The whole first chapter of DB#1 is presented in color and in large size.
3) TV Animation Part 1 - Covers the anime from DB thru DBZ up to the Ginew/Goku fight. Plus character drawings for all significant characters up to that point, and episode summaries.
4) World Guide - An atlas of sorts. Shows every location used in Dragon Ball and what battles took place where. Has a map for the Dragon World, as well as Heaven and the four galaxies of the universe. Fold-out is badass. Has some rare character design sketches like SS3 Goku with a tail, Kaiosama looking like E.Honda, fat Boo looking like Mufu from Tobal, and Cell with hair looking like the other androids.
5) TV Animation Part 2 - Same as Part 1 but covers Freeza saga thru Vegetto. Has a few pages talking about the Playdia footage.
6) Movies & TV Specials - Covers all 3 DB, 13 DBZ, and 2 TVSP. Has a cool section in the back showing frame by frame, Toriyama-sensei drawing a picture of Goku from pencils all the way to ink and signature.
7) Encyclopedia - Everything else that the World Guide and Story Guide didn't cover about the manga. Has the complete timeline so you can actually figure out most of the main character's ages and when every major event happened. Like when Boo (Kid) was originally summoned by Bibidi. And Goku is only 47 when Dragon Ball ends.
Extra 1) Cardass Perfect File Part 1 - Complete Collection of the official Bandai cards. The ones with the red box in the corner, it suppose to be a scouter I think. Kind of lame. But you do get 4 special cards in the back.
Extra 2) Cardass Perfect File Part 2 - Same as above but for the Power Level cards like the ones that say MAX at the bottom. Also has 4 more special cards.
Extra 3) TV Animation Part 3 - Finishes off the anime. Also has info on the 10th Anniversary movie and lots of anime illustrations (non Toriyama-sensei) as well as interview from all the main seiyuu.

My personal favorite is the World Guide as it really does explain all the Super Saiyan levels but you gotta be able to read Japanese to understand it. And you gotta love the full color manga pages that you only got to see in black and white until now. Hoped this helped a little bit.
http://eienmic.deviantart.com/

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:17 am

Yes, yes indeed. That helped a lot. This will assist me greatly in finding the daizenshuu I want.
The S wrote:
(Gathers his entire manga collection into a plastic bag)
MANGA SACK SMACK ATTACK!

Heh! That's cute! Sounds like an attack that Gotenks would think up. ^_^
Heh. And to think that's my only wacky attack... so far.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:48 pm

Hunh. Does anybody else have Glénat's (french) edition of Daizenshuu 7? Or at least both 4 and 7? Glénat only released 1 and 7, but by the sounds of it, their version of 7 is a mix 4 and 7 put together.
every location used in Dragon Ball and what battles took place where. Has a map for the Dragon World, as well as Heaven and the four galaxies of the universe
Ok maybe not all of 4, or most, but what was in the quote was in my version of 7.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Holy Katana

Post by Holy Katana » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:37 pm

I suggest buying No. 1. It's mostly pictures, so there isn't much of a language barrier. It has some pretty rare artwork from Toriyama-sama. I have it, just so you don't think that I'm going by what other people have said.