The original Super Saiyan revealed!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: The original Super Saiyan revealed!

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Meshack wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The problem with the U6 Saiyans going SS so quickly isn't the fact that they do it. It's the fact that they expect us to believe that, in a planet with pure-hearted Saiyans, none of them ever transformed once. We didn't see Caulifla getting any stronger, she just did it.
It's not that far-fetched.
The three Saiyans at the Tournament must be the strongest in that Universe, everyone else likely are a bunch of Raditz and Nappa's. With the exception of Caulifla the other two don't have the demeanour to get angry and likely never pushed got to the limit in combat due to their already superior power.
I doubt Caulifla and Kale are one of the strongest or at least were. The Sadala Defense Force probably has people that could get much stronger and were most likely stronger than the two before achieving Super Saiyan.
If that was the case they would have been sent to the tournament. I don't see why you're assuming that they aren't.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

LightBing wrote:
Meshack wrote:
LightBing wrote: It's not that far-fetched.
The three Saiyans at the Tournament must be the strongest in that Universe, everyone else likely are a bunch of Raditz and Nappa's. With the exception of Caulifla the other two don't have the demeanour to get angry and likely never pushed got to the limit in combat due to their already superior power.
I doubt Caulifla and Kale are one of the strongest or at least were. The Sadala Defense Force probably has people that could get much stronger and were most likely stronger than the two before achieving Super Saiyan.
If that was the case they would have been sent to the tournament. I don't see why you're assuming that they aren't.
Cabbe chose Caulifla out of convenience because Renso suggested her. Kale was chosen because she was a Saiyan and she beat the crap outta Cabbe. You’re logic is like saying, why was Cabbe or even Botamo chosen for the tournament even though Caulifla and Kale are stronger.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:07 pm

My logic is that the tournament is for the existence of their Universe. Everyone in all Universes should be the top 10 most powerful fighters. There might exceptions like Goten and Trunks, however until proven the logical assumption is that Cabba, Kale and Caulifla are the 3 most powerful Saiyans in Universe 6.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:11 pm

LightBing wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The problem with the U6 Saiyans going SS so quickly isn't the fact that they do it. It's the fact that they expect us to believe that, in a planet with pure-hearted Saiyans, none of them ever transformed once. We didn't see Caulifla getting any stronger, she just did it.
It's not that far-fetched.
It's extremely far-fetched because Kale and Caulifla do get angry easily. Cabba is whatever, I don't have an issue with him.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 pm

Meshack wrote:I doubt Caulifla and Kale are one of the strongest or at least were. The Sadala Defense Force probably has people that could get much stronger and were most likely stronger than the two before achieving Super Saiyan.
I doubt it. Renso says Cabba is the ace of the Sadala Defense Force. Renso might have been stronger than Cabba in his prime, but he says Caulifla's potential power is way higher than his own.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's extremely far-fetched because Kale and Caulifla do get angry easily. Cabba is whatever, I don't have an issue with him.
You don't get Super Saiyan by stepping on a lego and being mad about it. Goku and Vegeta got it because of extreme emotions of anger. Gohan we don't see him getting it but it was hard, Goku was telling him to imagine the Androids or Freeza killing everyone if I remember correctly.

It's not far-fetched at all. If they are already some of the most powerful beings in their Universe then reasons for strife are extremely reduced. Cabba got it because Vegeta was beating him up and threatening to kill everything he loved.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:43 pm

LightBing wrote:You don't get Super Saiyan by stepping on a lego and being mad about it. Goku and Vegeta got it because of extreme emotions of anger. Gohan we don't see him getting it but it was hard, Goku was telling him to imagine the Androids or Freeza killing everyone if I remember correctly.

It's not far-fetched at all. If they are already some of the most powerful beings in their Universe then reasons for strife are extremely reduced. Cabba got it because Vegeta was beating him up and threatening to kill everything he loved.
Gohan went Super Saiyan off-screen, so did Goten, Trunks and Future Trunks. And I'm not justifying their transformations, mind you. But at least they transformed as children. Goten transformed without having any idea what a Super Saiyan was. Caulifla and Kale have no excuse. This new information doesn't justify their transformations.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Meshack wrote: I don’t care about the Barduck OVA because it’s not canon. It’s a what-if story that people take as canon but it isn’t. Ooishi said it herself. Barduck is not the legendary SS so there’s no point talking about it. Yamoshi is the legendary Saiyan.

About Vegeta, it’s not clear what battle power is needed to become Super Saiyan. There seems to be a lot of factors so it’s kinda hard to tell. I think Shueisha and Toriyama should give us a S-cell number system like battle powers and give us what’s needed to become a Super Saiyan.
1. I only mentioned the Bardock special because it's legit the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of "What stories does this revelation completely shit on?"

2. Whatever power level you need to get to Super Saiyan, we know it's at least greater than 1 million, since Gohan didn't transform after getting a rage boost against Frieza's Xenomorph form, and Vegeta, who was supposedly stronger than that, still couldn't. We know Goku was 3 million at the time, so the range is 1 million + to 3 million as bare minimum.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm

S cells. This is turning more and more into Final Fantasy VII.

Trunks and Fusion Zamasu, a guy in a dark cloak who has godly powers and two long white bangs have a final battle.
S cells, also known als "Sephiroth cells" from Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

If this was written by Ken Akamatsu I would instantly believe it was from FFVII as he actually literally spelt out FFVII in Love Hina once.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:23 pm

This is like the Midi-chlorian theory of Dragon Ball.

You're continuing to disappoint me more and more, Toriyama. :yawn:
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:This is like the Midi-chlorian theory of Dragon Ball.

You're continuing to disappoint me more and more, Toriyama. :yawn:
You're probably just conditioned to hate midichlorians.

They're an actual good plot point that explains a lot of inconsistencies with the original trilogy. Just like S-cells explain things left unexplained in this franchise.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm

You know, there's an interesting parallel with the Super Saiyan God's history and the current god forms.

Super Saiyan Blue. It's a Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. It seems simple but turned out to be really complex in execution and further introspection...... but is it really? Now that we have this new info, some new revelations come to mind.

What's the source of power for Super Saiyan God? A fallen Super Saiyan. And how does Super Saiyan Blue come about? From the usage of Super Saiyan God's power. In essence, Super Saiyan Blue is using, well...... Super Saiyan's power. It's weird to think about, but Super Saiyan blue, in a roundabout way, is the truest potential of the Super Saiyan form realized. Funny how such things work out, eh?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Meshack wrote:I doubt Caulifla and Kale are one of the strongest or at least were. The Sadala Defense Force probably has people that could get much stronger and were most likely stronger than the two before achieving Super Saiyan.
I doubt it. Renso says Cabba is the ace of the Sadala Defense Force. Renso might have been stronger than Cabba in his prime, but he says Caulifla's potential power is way higher than his own.
Potential. Nothing about battle power.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Meshack wrote: Six because Yamoshi and his comrades were a group of six. Presumably, Yamoshi's spirit is the reason why one can become a Super Saiyan God.
I think the better question is why Yamoshi's spirit didn't go straight to the checking station
Same reason why some spirits in our real world don't pass on immediately. You're also under the assumption that Sadala had a check in system.
What reason is that? When did sould that die in our world not go straight to King Yama's. Only ones are recall are the people that were killed by King Piccolo and the demons. They were stuck in limbo

All souls that die in the mortal realm pass through King Yama's place or at the very least go the afterlife. When Goku died on Namek, he still passed on to the other world but they had wish him to Earth's checking station before reviving him

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I think the better question is why Yamoshi's spirit didn't go straight to the checking station
Same reason why some spirits in our real world don't pass on immediately. You're also under the assumption that Sadala had a check in system.
What reason is that? When did sould that die in our world not go straight to King Yama's. Only ones are recall are the people that were killed by King Piccolo and the demons. They were stuck in limbo

All souls that die in the mortal realm pass through King Yama's place or at the very least go the afterlife. When Goku died on Namek, he still passed on to the other world but they had wish him to Earth's checking station before reviving him
You know you can have special cases, right?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:23 am

AvatarReiko wrote: All souls that die in the mortal realm pass through King Yama's place or at the very least go the afterlife. When Goku died on Namek, he still passed on to the other world but they had wish him to Earth's checking station before reviving him
You mean Krillin.

Also yeah for new lore!
It's fantastic, just like midichlorians, which got a lot of hate from those who grew up with the original trilogy, this didn't bother me one bit and is completely acceptable.
Now I'm eagerly looking forward to the remaining questions!

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 am

Meshack wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Same reason why some spirits in our real world don't pass on immediately. You're also under the assumption that Sadala had a check in system.

You know you can have special cases, right?
Since when? Y

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:50 am

So then how did Vegeta achieve SSJ? I may be getting confused by the dub, but are 'pure' and righteous the same thing?

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:01 am

Man, Toriyama has a really bad habit of just dishing out lore which could be cool with context, but by itself is just jarring and feels contrived. But even with context, I'd struggle to swallow this pill, feels like a lot of mental legwork for the U6 Saiyans/Goten and Trunks to make sense. Not to mention the SSG stuff, you missed the boat on that one guys, the time to explain it has passed (Super would've been a perfect time).
Phantom Menace jokes have been done to death, but it's eerie how similar the misunderstanding of how the source material resonated with the audience is here, especially coming from the man himself (then again, this is Toriyama, so parhaps it's just par for the course).
We're reaching MGSV levels of thematic contradiction now(it was you! You the player, all along!), and frankly it's solidifying my opinion that post revival Dragon Ball is pretty much a farce.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 am

How do you think the S-Cells looks like under a microscope ?

What can we add to this representation for make an S-Cells ?

And how does the Ki interact with this S-Cells ?

Also how the Blutz wave trigger the transformation into Oozaru ? Does the brain have a receptor specialized to perceive this special wave lenght and then free a certain hormone through the organism which then process the transformation ? Does the S-Cells affects this transformation ?

And with the Ki and the "tingle in the back", I think we can assume that the biological reservoir of energy is situated there, which makes sense biologicaly wise. Also when the Saiyan transform him/herself into a Super Saiyan, how does the Ki affect the Melanin of the hair does the Ki combine with it or something else ?

This whole S-Cells thingy triggered in me more question that's awesome that thing ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu