Piccolo (fighting against #20)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo (fighting against #20)

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 pm

BWri wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:06 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 am Correct
Tier 1- Goku, Vegeta and Trunks
This three are strong enough that everything up to Android 18 is fodder.
Tier 2- Piccolo
Can smack around Android 20 but isn't as strong as the Super saiyans.
Arguably, I'd say he's stronger than even Trunks. He displayed better durability feats in the initial fight with #17 and #18
Tien and Kami both make comparisons between the three super saiyans and piccolo is left out twice and never contradicts the statements.

Piccolo at best would be nearing Trunks and nowhere near Goku and Vegeta.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Piccolo (fighting against #20)

Post by BWri » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:02 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:02 pm
BWri wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:06 am
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 am Correct
Tier 1- Goku, Vegeta and Trunks
This three are strong enough that everything up to Android 18 is fodder.
Tier 2- Piccolo
Can smack around Android 20 but isn't as strong as the Super saiyans.
Arguably, I'd say he's stronger than even Trunks. He displayed better durability feats in the initial fight with #17 and #18
Tien and Kami both make comparisons between the three super saiyans and piccolo is left out twice and never contradicts the statements.

Piccolo at best would be nearing Trunks and nowhere near Goku and Vegeta.
The comparisons are relavent but I don't think they mean much when we have direct feats. They are just benchmarks. Comparing to Trunks is just to say, "this is the kid who effortlessly killed Frieza, the last terrifying foe" and is a way of indirectly measuring the androids. As a matter of fact, Kami says pretty much exactly that and mentioned King Cold.

I agree that Trunks and Piccolo aren't near Goku or Vegeta power-wise, but there's a good case for Piccolo being stronger than Trunks. He's definitely stronger than the Trunks from 3 years prior. The only question is did Trunks get that much stronger in the future. I don't think he did at least not compared to Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, and I think the durability feats showcase this. Android #18 indirectly used Vegeta's body to knock Trunks out clean whereas Piccolo took two direct blows from the superior #17, one with so much force it nearly went through him.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-