Statements about the Shadow Dragons in GT Perfect Files? States they will destroy the galaxy or universe?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Statements about the Shadow Dragons in GT Perfect Files? States they will destroy the galaxy or universe?

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 am

It's so difficult to find information or translations on the second volume of the Perfect Files. Valuable information about the second half of the series seems to be forever inaccessible.

I've heard that the Perfect Files have a statement under the Shadow Dragons description that says they will destroy the galaxy or the universe? Is there proof of this like a translation or a scan? Is there any other statements of their power of this nature? It was mentioned in this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=33890

Is there any way to read the Perfect Files if I don't understand Japanese or any language besides English?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Statements about the Shadow Dragons in GT Perfect Files? States they will destroy the galaxy or universe?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:32 am

I think by galaxy they very often mean entire universe anyway (at least until DBS), even though they are not the same thing.

Even in official GT subs Old Kai said that negative energy will destroy entire galaxy, yet he said that Kaioshin realm will be destroyed as well and it's outside of galaxy.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

nickzambuto

Re: Statements about the Shadow Dragons in GT Perfect Files? States they will destroy the galaxy or universe?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 am

So basically there's no way to read the Perfect Files?

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm

it is said more galaxy and sometimes universe so there are some doubts although omega could contaminate galaxy in galaxy until eventually reach the kaioshin world.

but in retrospect ... it makes more sense that it is "galaxy" mr popo says that "this happened once before" if it were universe how is it recovered the lfe?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm but in retrospect ... it makes more sense that it is "galaxy" mr popo says that "this happened once before" if it were universe how is it recovered the lfe?
I checked that scene right now. Popo said that "Evil Dragon" appeared and then cosmos around planet was destroyed, but:
1. He didn't say that dragon released 7 evil dragons back then and we don't know how strong Black Smoke Shenron actually was as he might be pretty weak by himself
2. Even if he did, those were other dragons from other dragon balls and other wishes, including BS Shenron himself. They could be all weaker since DBalls were heavily overused on Earth and only there they forced Shenron to grant more than single wish
3. He didn't say what happened to that "Evil Dragon", he could've been defeated before entire universe or whatever was meant to be destroyed was gone.

So i wouldn't rely too much on what Popo said
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:14 pm

The Kai's were also concerned that eventually the Shadow Dragon corruption would reach the Realm of the Kai's. So while I feel the destruction to the galaxy would be immediate, it would threaten the entire mortal universe over time

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:43 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm I checked that scene right now. Popo said that "Evil Dragon" appeared and then cosmos around planet was destroyed, but:
it's a translation error, mr popo says galaxy and note cosmos in the subtitles in Spanish and much many Dubs.
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm 1. He didn't say that dragon released 7 evil dragons back then and we don't know how strong Black Smoke Shenron actually was as he might be pretty weak by himself
ok, it can be
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:04 pm 2. Even if he did, those were other dragons from other dragon balls and other wishes, including BS Shenron himself. They could be all weaker since DBalls were heavily overused on Earth and only there they forced Shenron to grant more than single wish

3. He didn't say what happened to that "Evil Dragon", he could've been defeated before entire universe or whatever was meant to be destroyed was gone.

So i wouldn't rely too much on what Popo said
that is debatable due to the lack of context, The Dragon balls may be the same and the limit in energy negative exceeded should have a necessary level for that to happen.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:35 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:45 pm Image
the picture says Super Yi-XingLong has 10 times the power of Yi-XinLong, and his power will destroy the galaxy.

I have no way to know how trustworthy the Italian translation might be in first place.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:06 pm

So GT characters are galaxy busters. That should be given since most of the show's top tiers are stronger than Buu arc SSJ1 Vegito.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:55 am

I think, like Janemba, it was just the passive side effect of his existence that was causing reality to become contaminated and start breaking down over time. It's not a type of destructive power that could be channeled into a single attack or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:36 pm

I can only say the blurb has "He will destroy the galaxy" as a separate sentence from the previous "He possesses an amazing destructive power!"
The galactic destruction can be interpreted both as a consequence of the first sentence OR as a generic statement about the character.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 am

Even so, I would place FP Omega at a low-universal level. It makes sense. The thing is that, Omega should be at the level of a SSJG, based on feats and statements from the two shows.

GT says that Pmega can become a threat to the universe and Super has SSJG Goku becoming that threat in his fight with Beerus. I am not lowballing Omeha here. I am actually giving him the edge.
P O W E R

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 am Even so, I would place FP Omega at a low-universal level. It makes sense. The thing is that, Omega should be at the level of a SSJG, based on feats and statements from the two shows.

GT says that Pmega can become a threat to the universe and Super has SSJG Goku becoming that threat in his fight with Beerus. I am not lowballing Omeha here. I am actually giving him the edge.
I don't like the idea of attempting to powerscale from GT to Super, unless you're including game continuity that mixes them.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:38 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 am Even so, I would place FP Omega at a low-universal level. It makes sense. The thing is that, Omega should be at the level of a SSJG, based on feats and statements from the two shows.

I don't like the idea of attempting to powerscale from GT to Super, unless you're including game continuity that mixes them.
Understandable. I can only think of 1 game which makes this clear. Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden where Goku as a SSJG fights with Omega, circa the BoG arc. Omega powers-up by absorbing minus energy, which places him above his GT Prime. Then he charges an Ultimate Minus Energy Power Ball, which is supposedly superior to the Negative Karma Ball that Gogeta converted into positive energy in GT, however he is defeated by Goku.

In my head (I point this out) I place Omega at 80% of SSJG Goku. Of course it can be different, but ever since we have no official data on the god forms, it is simply assumptions, despite backing our arguments.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 05, 2019 4:54 am

nickzambuto wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 am So basically there's no way to read the Perfect Files?
Soo,we ha've both of them in italy, but if you don't know italian it's troublesome.
I can anyway translate it to you, but it tells the same things you've posted in the link.
Btw, Japanese tend to use the same word to say world, galaxy and universe. So yeah, galaxy is a viable translation, but omega shenron is at least low universal by stated feats

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 05, 2019 5:05 am

ruler9871 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:06 pm So GT characters are galaxy busters. That should be given since most of the show's top tiers are stronger than Buu arc SSJ1 Vegito.
Wrong.
Ssj vegetto from z is nothing in gt, via scaling he's outclassed by any transformation of rildo and, by default, every stronger character, and following the dialogues super baby 1>vegetto ssj from z is fact.
I know what you were referring to, that piece of information just compares the boost that both Ssj and potara(Ssj) fusion gives on Goku's base.
It's like to say "if Goku would have went ssj4 against buu, his strength would have been comparable to ssj vegetto's"
Or, ,considering that Goku and vegeta are referred as "the strongest 2 in universe", which in z they aren't, the most accurate interpretation is "if Goku and vegeta were to fuse with potara in baby saga, the power of ssj vegetto would have been maybe higher than ssj4 goku's"
Not any comparison between series, like vegetto from z vs ssj4 from gt, not at all.
And, even if it was the case, the comparison would have been between z vegetto and baby saga ssj4 Goku, so , again, vegetto wouldn't have been comparable to any gt top tier because goku's power grows a lot in gt, he evolves.believing that home's power is constant and never changes through all of gt is just a misconception based on nothing, because the facts demonstrates the opposite thing.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:57 am

p-hyvo wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 4:54 am
nickzambuto wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:34 am So basically there's no way to read the Perfect Files?
Soo,we ha've both of them in italy, but if you don't know italian it's troublesome.
I can anyway translate it to you, but it tells the same things you've posted in the link.
Btw, Japanese tend to use the same word to say world, galaxy and universe. So yeah, galaxy is a viable translation, but omega shenron is at least low universal by stated feats
I agree. Omega is low-universal. Now if that is his minimum or maximum is up to debate, but he isn't just galaxy level for sure.

Speaking of the Shadow Dragons, how much stronger do you think that their Xeno variants are? Should we treat them as powered-up forms, or as entirely different characters?

Because, apparently they, too, can further use their Super forms on top of what power they already possess.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun May 05, 2019 8:20 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:57 am
I agree. Omega is low-universal. Now if that is his minimum or maximum is up to debate, but he isn't just galaxy level for sure.

Speaking of the Shadow Dragons, how much stronger do you think that their Xeno variants are? Should we treat them as powered-up forms, or as entirely different characters?

Because, apparently they, too, can further use their Super forms on top of what power they already possess.
Well, considering xeno goku's history they would be much, much stronger if the facts in the xeno timeline had played exactly like in the normal one.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Omega was stated to only be able to destroy the Universe through chain-reaction (like Buuhan). Neither he nor even GT Gogeta were stated nor implied to be able to one-shot a Universe, like how BoG Goku & Suppressed Beerus could in their clash.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Sun May 05, 2019 3:15 pm

ruler9871 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:53 pm

Omega was stated to only be able to destroy the Universe through chain-reaction (like Buuhan). Neither he nor even GT Gogeta were stated nor implied to be able to one-shot a Universe, like how BoG Goku & Suppressed Beerus could in their clash.
goku nor beerus "one shotted" the universe when they fought. what do you mean?