Are there any examples of a character winning a battle through strategy instead of strength?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Are there any examples of a character winning a battle through strategy instead of strength?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:29 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 pm The Five Star Dragon was beaten by rain also.
That was more like a luck than actual strategy. They couldn't predict that. Rage got defeated by himself.

How could i forget about Goku vs Rildo. The latter won against Goku by going after Pan which made Goku try to save her leaving him open for attack.

Also Goku vs Frieza&Cell as he froze them with their own weapon knowing he can't beat them as they'll always come back.
Goku also won against Nuova who was much faster than him by using a mirror trick to reach Nuova from behind.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Are there any examples of a character winning a battle through strategy instead of strength?

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Hard to find good examples of characters winning through strategy.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Krillin vs. Chaozu at the 22nd Budokai.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Ginyu and Goku

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:15 pm

Hit vs Dyspo, particularly when Hit changed his fighting strategy to adapt to Dyspo’s.