Top 30 (anime only)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Top 30 (anime only)

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:07 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:16 am
BagetaSama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 am
Just because there is a precedent for it happening does not mean it actually happened in this case.
Except for the fact that it is not just the precedent, it is the rule. It is an established fact in the narrative that bulking yourself up increases your strength but diminishes your speed so much that it is not worth it. That was literally a rule stated in the Cell arc and there is no reason to believe it should not be valid in this case either. And we know that Zamasu still had enough strength to be a threat to Vegito, as I explained.
No, it isn't. Oozaru Vegeta grew in Size and did not lose speed, Broly grew in size and did not lose speed, and there was no such rule that was established where "every single time you get larger you get slower." Such a rule simply does not exist.
But there is a rule, and it is literally stated in the show. Goku said that's why he wouldn't use that form against Cell, because even if he gained much more strength, it was no good if he couldn't actually hit his opponents due to his much bulkier muscles. That rule is further stated in Super when Goku easily beats Caulifla and explains why she shouldn't have bulked up like that, because it had a drawback.

Also, there is no indication that Fused Zamasu at that point was weaker than Vegito. As I already said, Vegito only pointed out that he was so slow that he couldn't keep up with him. Even so, he still had to dodge his attacks and was locked in a stalemate in the moments following Zamasu's transformation.

Broly and Oozaru Vegeta are two completely different transformations entirely, I don't see the point in mentioning them.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:10 pm

1. Zeno
2. Grand Priest
3. 12 Angels
4. MUI Goku
5. Awakened Jiren
6. SSB Gogeta (DBS Broly)
7. Full Power Broly
8. 12 Hakaishin
9. SSBE Vegeta
10. GoD Toppo
11. SSJ2 Kefla
12. Infinite Zamasu
13. Spirit Sword Future Trunks
14. SSB Vegito (Black arc)
15. Aniraza
16. Android 17
17. Hit
18. True Golden Freeza
19. Ultimate Gohan
20. Full Speed Dyspo
21. 3 Robot fusion (forgot name)
22. SSJR Goku Black (scythe)
23-24. U6 Namekians (forgot names)
25. Future Zamasu
26. Maji Kayo
27. SSB Copy-Vegeta
28. Mastered Berserk Kale
29. SSJ2 Caulifla
30. SSJ2 Cabba

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:16 am

Except for the fact that it is not just the precedent, it is the rule. It is an established fact in the narrative that bulking yourself up increases your strength but diminishes your speed so much that it is not worth it. That was literally a rule stated in the Cell arc and there is no reason to believe it should not be valid in this case either. And we know that Zamasu still had enough strength to be a threat to Vegito, as I explained.
No, it isn't. Oozaru Vegeta grew in Size and did not lose speed, Broly grew in size and did not lose speed, and there was no such rule that was established where "every single time you get larger you get slower." Such a rule simply does not exist.
But there is a rule, and it is literally stated in the show. Goku said that's why he wouldn't use that form against Cell, because even if he gained much more strength, it was no good if he couldn't actually hit his opponents due to his much bulkier muscles. That rule is further stated in Super when Goku easily beats Caulifla and explains why she shouldn't have bulked up like that, because it had a drawback.

Also, there is no indication that Fused Zamasu at that point was weaker than Vegito. As I already said, Vegito only pointed out that he was so slow that he couldn't keep up with him. Even so, he still had to dodge his attacks and was locked in a stalemate in the moments following Zamasu's transformation.

Broly and Oozaru Vegeta are two completely different transformations entirely, I don't see the point in mentioning them.
You claim any time that you grow in size you also lose speed. Broly and Oozaru Vegeta disprove that premise.

There is EVERY indication Fused Zamasu was weaker than Vegetto at the time, following his power-up, Vegetto did not take a single hit and knocked Zamasu around easily, like hitting him into that building etc.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:27 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:29 pm

You claim any time that you grow in size you also lose speed. Broly and Oozaru Vegeta disprove that premise.

There is EVERY indication Fused Zamasu was weaker than Vegetto at the time, following his power-up, Vegetto did not take a single hit and knocked Zamasu around easily, like hitting him into that building etc.
Except there isn't. After the power-up, while Gowasu is explaining that Zamasu's physical body is manifesting his inner hatred, Zamasu and Vegito are shown in a long stalemate. After that, Vegito only pushes Zamasu on the defensive, and while he does knock him into a building eventually, he had to carefully dodge his ki blade. After that, his strongest attack, the Final Kamehameha, had no effect whatsoever on Zamasu, it did not even blow him apart or inflict any physical damage.

The characters never mention Vegito being stronger either. Vegito himself doesn't claim he's more powerful, he merely says that Zamasu cannot keep up with his speed after he increased his body so much and became seeped in all that rage.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm There is EVERY indication Fused Zamasu was weaker than Vegetto at the time, following his power-up, Vegetto did not take a single hit and knocked Zamasu around easily, like hitting him into that building etc.
This is false. Vegetto has scratches on him when he teleports to hit Fused Zamasu in the face.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:14 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 pm
BagetaSama wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm There is EVERY indication Fused Zamasu was weaker than Vegetto at the time, following his power-up, Vegetto did not take a single hit and knocked Zamasu around easily, like hitting him into that building etc.
This is false. Vegetto has scratches on him when he teleports to hit Fused Zamasu in the face.

...how does that prove he took damage after the power-up?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 am

BagetaSama wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:14 pm ...how does that prove he took damage after the power-up?
Because he didn't have them when he and Giant Fused Zamasu are clashing fists.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am

Also, I want to point out that after Vegito punched Zamasu into that building, Zamasu immediately got back up and was ready for the Final Kamehameha. If Vegito was so much superior to Zamasu, he wouldn't have recovered so quickly and he would have lost a limb or two as well, like in the manga.

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am Also, I want to point out that after Vegito punched Zamasu into that building, Zamasu immediately got back up and was ready for the Final Kamehameha. If Vegito was so much superior to Zamasu, he wouldn't have recovered so quickly and he would have lost a limb or two as well, like in the manga.
Dude Zamasu was immortal

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:31 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am Also, I want to point out that after Vegito punched Zamasu into that building, Zamasu immediately got back up and was ready for the Final Kamehameha. If Vegito was so much superior to Zamasu, he wouldn't have recovered so quickly and he would have lost a limb or two as well, like in the manga.
Dude Zamasu was immortal
And? In the manga, where he was actually getting demolished, Vegito was effortlessly cutting his limbs. Same thing with Super Buu back in Z. Instead, in the Super anime, the worst Vegito did to Zamasu was blowing up his face with his strongest attack right at the end.... which isn't really anything noteworthy, since Goku had done the exact same thing to Future Zamasu in a previous episode with a point blank ki blast.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pm

BagetaSama wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:58 pm
Dude Zamasu was immortal
Yes but his body can be damaged.