Is It Time For A Gohan/Piccolo Fusion?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is It Time For A Gohan/Piccolo Fusion?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

Gohan has grown up and is of a more-similar body-type to Piccolo so shouldn't they be able to fuse with the dance now? If not then what about the Potara or Bulma's fusion device making an appearance in the story?
Gohan's potential & Piccolo's physiology ought to make a hell of a fusion...right?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is It Time For A Gohan/Piccolo Fusion?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 am

No. It is time to forget Gohan and for Piccolo to get the red-eyed transformation or any other form.

I wouldn't mind Piccolo assimilating Gohan, though. He has nothing more to bring to the table, so it might as well give Piccolo his strength for good, like Nail and Kami.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:09 am

honestly wouldn't want that. I like fusion but it's a treat, I don't want to be oversaturated by it

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:21 am

I'm not a fan of how Fusion has been overused so no. I'd rather see Piccolo and Gohan get individual character development and screen time instead. The problem with DB now is that Goku and Vegeta are so much more powerful than everyone else that they're reduced to either watching from the side or taking on small nobodies. The wider cast is simply not strong enough to contribute anything meaningful to the overall fights so the best way to handle this is to split everyone up.

Instead of just babysitting Pan, Piccolo should go back to Namek and become Moori's personal guard, like how Nail was Guru's. That way Piccolo can do his own thing and we'll get a different set of characters and setting than earth's. Gohan can formally become earth's new protector and take care of any threats there alongside Goten and Trunks. Vegeta can be sent to U6's Sadal to split him up from Goku, who can maybe do things with Zeno, the angles, and the destroyers.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:09 am honestly wouldn't want that. I like fusion but it's a treat, I don't want to be oversaturated by it
Would it not be a great treat to see Gohan & Piccolo fuse? They've been master & student of the same style/mentality since the first arc of Z and they're both approaching a level of actual relevance in both strength & teamwork as of late. Gohan & Piccolo merging ought to be enough to give Kefla a run for her money.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27 pm

theherodjl wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:09 am honestly wouldn't want that. I like fusion but it's a treat, I don't want to be oversaturated by it
Would it not be a great treat to see Gohan & Piccolo fuse? They've been master & student of the same style/mentality since the first arc of Z and they're both approaching a level of actual relevance in both strength & teamwork as of late. Gohan & Piccolo merging ought to be enough to give Kefla a run for her money.
Personally I don't know if I wanna see a Namekian Saiyan fusion. I just don't know if they could make it look good. The best one I've seen is this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/d3/d9 ... ec9d62.jpg Not to mention I don't know if I would enjoy another fusion. I think we have enough

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 am No. It is time to forget Gohan and for Piccolo to get the red-eyed transformation or any other form.

I wouldn't mind Piccolo assimilating Gohan, though. He has nothing more to bring to the table, so it might as well give Piccolo his strength for good, like Nail and Kami.
I would have an issue with Gohan just being assimilated, that would be just silly

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm

What issue would you have? I think it's a fine ending for a character who would only be there in "urgent case". All he wants to do is study, that he doesn't want to fight is pretty much clear to everyone. So he can very well be completely forgotten or vanish by assimilating with Piccolo.

Who knows? Piccolo could even inherit the Ultimate transformation for all we know... somehow. :)

~ Day of the Machines ~

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 pm What issue would you have? I think it's a fine ending for a character who would only be there in "urgent case". All he wants to do is study, that he doesn't want to fight is pretty much clear to everyone. So he can very well be completely forgotten or vanish by assimilating with Piccolo.

Who knows? Piccolo could even inherit the Ultimate transformation for all we know... somehow. :)
Oh I don't know, Gohan has a family? Not to mention, I still like Gohan and think that just sounds really silly way to remove a character because their character arc doesn't push them to the forefront and an especially silly way to keep Piccolo relevant

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:07 am

You shouldn't overestimate "family" in Dragon Ball. This is the franchise where characters don't give a damn about relatives. It wouldn't be an issue if it was just the Saiyans, but hey, Vegeta and Goku would only learn about Tights in Universe 6 Saga. The characters will only care/remember about a relative when it's convenient to the plot or if they want to make a cheap drama moment.

Of course, I'm just joking here. Don't really care much about Gohan so if he simply disappear, I would probably not even notice.

~ Day of the Machines ~

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:40 am

A Piccolo/Gohan fusion would be awesome. Gohan's closer in power to Piccolo than he is to Goku/Vegeta, so if those 2 keep fighting side by side like they did in the TOP, maybe it'll happen.

I dislike the Piccolo assimilates Gohan idea. He's got a family to raise.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:34 am

funrush wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:40 am A Piccolo/Gohan fusion would be awesome. Gohan's closer in power to Piccolo than he is to Goku/Vegeta, so if those 2 keep fighting side by side like they did in the TOP, maybe it'll happen.

exactly!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:06 am

funrush wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:40 am A Piccolo/Gohan fusion would be awesome. Gohan's closer in power to Piccolo than he is to Goku/Vegeta, so if those 2 keep fighting side by side like they did in the TOP, maybe it'll happen.

That's what I'm saying, if any two members of the Z Senshi could fuse then Piccolo & Gohan are ideal for it. I imagine that Piccohan would be the most intelligent fusion in general, being even mentally sharper than Vegetto/Gogeta. Their combined intellect might be an invaluable asset into finding ways to defeat future opponents.