How strong would Future Goku have been?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How strong would Future Goku have been?

Post by Peach » Thu May 28, 2020 10:42 am

If Trunks had managed to get his help with a day pass, could he have defeated the Androids, Fat Buu, and base Black?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How strong would Future Goku have been?

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 28, 2020 11:59 am

Knowing Trunks' bleak future, the reason why Goku probably wasn't summoned by Enma to do anything about Black is because he was too weak to do anything. I imagine that Future Goku's afterlife training might allow him to handle Android-tier opponents but given that higher SSJ forms weren't discovered by the Z Senshi of the future, Goku may just be a stronger SSJ in the afterlife than when he was alive. Future Goku might not even be able to handle Boo if it took 7 years of training plus 2 extra SSJ forms for Goku to surpass Boo in the main timeline.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

I guess Future Goku as a Super Saiyan would be about as strong as Goku Black. Maybe they would have a chance, if Black didn’t adapt and become able to use Super Saiyan Rosé.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu May 28, 2020 5:57 pm

Probably not that much stronger. We hear from Goku in the Buu arc how he had never been able to test the Fusion Dance because no one in the afterlife could match his strength. I assume he means base strength.

It's still plausible that Goku could surpass the cyborgs, maybe even Cell in his imperfect state. Anything more is questionable at best, in my opinion. Conceptually, it would be prudent for him to aspire for surpassing the Super Saiyan state as he would have heard of his son's death despite being an SSJ. How much stronger do you suppose he would become, though? Knowing your enemy is part of the battle. I think Future Goku here would be lucky to reach Semi-Perfect Cell or Super Vegeta level with what he knows.

Buu and Black would be off the table here. I don't even see why Goku would need to fight them nor how he would get the opportunity to do so. It would take years for Babidi and Dabura to appear, and the one likely to fight them would be Trunks. Black? Would Zamasu even turn rogue without the impetus of Goku "defying" the godly realm driving him? It wasn't exactly Karin, Kami, or King Kai whom Zamasu was upset about having been made mockeries of.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri May 29, 2020 1:02 am

If he starts training immediately after dying, and if the androids appear 2 years later, I think he can beat them. Considering that he trained for 3 years and didn't get much closer to the androids, but that training a year in the other world equals like a lot of years on Earth, I think he might end up closer to his Cell Games power.

It depends on how close the arrival of the androids and his death are. If they show up pretty soon after and kill their first guy of the gang, Goku would jump right in, no doubt about it, but would be way out of his league.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri May 29, 2020 4:36 am

There are too many parts that would need to fall in place in order for Goku to be useful. First of all he'd need more than a day. Second he'd need Gohan alive to train with him. That's just for the Androids. For Buu, he'd need things to more or less play out like they did in the current timeline, which would be impossible.