Genki-powered Saiyan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Genki-powered Saiyan?

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Remember this scene from Super Android 13? Well, I always thought it was an interesting concept. Hell now with Trunks' Genki sword it isn't out of the realm of possibility anymore. However, I always wondered. Theoretically, what kind of a power boost would that yield? I know the movie verse is stronger, but I always thought that Android 13 in his super form compared to Goku was the same as, say Piccolo(vs 17) compared to 2nd form Cell at least gap wise. So he at least doubled his power. However, I am fairly certain Toriyama stated you have to be at least 2x the person you are fighting to one-shot them. So maybe Goku received a 4x boost? I get it's just plot power ment to stop the baddy, but I am genuinly curious

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Genki-powered Saiyan?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm I am fairly certain Toriyama stated you have to be at least 2x the person you are fighting to one-shot them.
Do you have evidence?

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:10 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm I am fairly certain Toriyama stated you have to be at least 2x the person you are fighting to one-shot them.
Do you have evidence?
Not currently, I am looking for it however. It makes sense though, I mean being twice as strong as someone is quite the acomplishment. I will check though just to make sure. Can't find it

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:44 pm

We got a similar scene in Super. In fact, the closest thing to a "False Super Saiyan Blue" yet, when Trunks absorbed the Genki Dama

It's almost a shame to me that this was instead more focused on his sword. Almost. Because it half-answered a thought I had: "Could Son Goku have ever absorbed a Genki Dama, a la movie 7, but instead focused it into a Kamehameha or other attack?"
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:40 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:10 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm
Do you have evidence?
Not currently, I am looking for it however. It makes sense though, I mean being twice as strong as someone is quite the acomplishment. I will check though just to make sure. Can't find it
If you want Toriyama's thought on it then just check back to the early Namek arc where Vegeta one shot Cui & Dodoria, two fighters that Vegeta was only 33% and 20% stronger than respectively.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 am

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:44 pm We got a similar scene in Super. In fact, the closest thing to a "False Super Saiyan Blue" yet, when Trunks absorbed the Genki Dama

It's almost a shame to me that this was instead more focused on his sword. Almost. Because it half-answered a thought I had: "Could Son Goku have ever absorbed a Genki Dama, a la movie 7, but instead focused it into a Kamehameha or other attack?"
Yeah exactly. However I am curious the type of power that could yield. For Trunks it was a boost relative to Potara fusion times Blue seeing as he fought an opponent who was going toe to toe with Vegito Blue. For the sake of this, we will just say Trunks' SSJ Rage form is equal to Blue.

Granted Zamasu could have been severly weakened but it still means some collosal boost