Would Perfect Cell had remained more powerful if he didn't create those Cell Jr.'s?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would Perfect Cell had remained more powerful if he didn't create those Cell Jr.'s?

Post by Angelus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Each of those Cell Jr.s were at a similar level as SSJ Vegeta and Future Trunks. So that's how much power Perfect Cell imparted unto them? So he lost power then? That much power had to come from somewhere

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Would Perfect Cell had remained more powerful if he didn't create those Cell Jr.'s?

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:41 pm

He has two humans with infinite stamina inside him. He probably didn’t lost significant energy by doing that.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Perfect Cell had remained more powerful if he didn't create those Cell Jr.'s?

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Yeah good point, it would make sense for him to impart some of his power onto them, but maybe he created and incubated them during the 10 day wait for the tournament to begin (effectively being pregnant :lol: ), giving him time to regenerate his power? I guess maybe they didn't cost too much energy to create, but grew in power on their own. So maybe when he pumped them out he didn't lose power. (But where the heck did he keep them in his belly?!? :wtf: )
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm

What's interesting is how the Cell Junior reproductive process is described as an evolved replica of Namekian reproduction. If you look back over the manga, the only time there seemed to be any signs of exertion were when Daimou was old and Drum, alarmed, inquired about his well-being which Daimou didn't feel necessary to discuss.

Strangely it seems like there wasn't really any power loss from producing the Cell Jrs. I think Cell would have been more or less at full power regardless if he conceived them.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 am

Lionel wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:11 pm What's interesting is how the Cell Junior reproductive process is described as an evolved replica of Namekian reproduction. If you look back over the manga, the only time there seemed to be any signs of exertion were when Daimou was old and Drum, alarmed, inquired about his well-being which Daimou didn't feel necessary to discuss.

Strangely it seems like there wasn't really any power loss from producing the Cell Jrs. I think Cell would have been more or less at full power regardless if he conceived them.
I think he had enough time to rest after making them before he fought himself. And he has regeneration better than King piccolo did.

It is weird that he can make people relativly speaking nearly as strong as him at no real cost....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:01 pm

I think it is a mix between what Lionel and Hugo Boss said. Namekian reproduction with infinite-stamina androids to help negate any exertion post birth. Also, he rested for a while after they came out.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:47 pm

He was basically programmed to be the ultimate battle machine.
Him loosing power when reproducing Cell Jr.'s, when he is fighting the one he has been programmed to ultimately destroy, makes little sense to me. I mean, Cell was such a complexed engineering being, he could reconstruct himself completely out of one single cell.
If he was that advanced, wouldn't Gero have succeeded in programming him that way he could reproduce minion versions of himself, while being in Perfect Form, without loosing power?

The idea the Cell Jrs as such were exactly as strong as Cell senior, always felt a little OP though.
Gohan at the end did have a lot more trouble with Cell senior compared to the Jrs, which he eliminated with ease.