Do you think Moro and Bibidi knew each other?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Do you think Moro and Bibidi knew each other?

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:53 pm

Both wizards who fought against the Grand Supreme Kai.

Can't help and wonder if maybe they're... connected?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Do you think Moro and Bibidi knew each other?

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Would be neat worldbuilding, but Moro already encountered Grand Supreme Kai again and neither cared enough to mention him (provided Moro knows him too)

Maybe one day in some random Toyotaro art he will get to this topic.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:14 pm Would be neat worldbuilding, but Moro already encountered Grand Supreme Kai again and neither cared enough to mention him (provided Moro knows him too)

Maybe one day in some random Toyotaro art he will get to this topic.
"It's Bibidi! He's the father of the sorcerer Babidi... or maybe they are one and the same? I wonder if he and Moro knew of each other... Maybe they both knew Bardock!? Hopefully Toriyama-sensei will tell me to write about this sometime."

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:58 pm

I'm surprised that hack hasn't made that connection yet.

He did brought back Babidi's soldiers race for a chapter.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Well, Chapter 43 of Dragon Ball Super establishes that Moro is from 10 million years before the present day, and Buu's rampage (which Kaioshin stated lasted mere hundreds of years, strongly implying that Bibidi is also from this time) was 5 million years after that. That being the case, I'd say no, unless Bibidi had occasion to find himself in a Galactic Patrol prison for whatever reason.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't think so, not just because their timetable doesn't add up, but because both of them on their own (well Bibidi had Buu) almost kill every kaioshin. If they had actually met, they probably would've accomplished that goal and ruled the universe until this day.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:50 am

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:24 pm I don't think so, not just because their timetable doesn't add up, but because both of them on their own (well Bibidi had Buu) almost kill every kaioshin. If they had actually met, they probably would've accomplished that goal and ruled the universe until this day.
You don't think they would try to double cross one another?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:29 pm

It's plausible, considering the scope of their villainy. They could be aware of each other's existence, but there's nothing really connecting them besides their status as evil wizards. It would be interesting if the two were rival-wizards in the Demon Realm at one point.