Can Gohan do the Grade forms?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Can Gohan do the Grade forms?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Current Gohan.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Can Gohan do the Grade forms?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 pm

If you mean the variations that exist between SS1 and SS2, I would say yes. Why not? After Caulifla achieved SS2 she could still use them.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:57 pm If you mean the variations that exist between SS1 and SS2, I would say yes. Why not? After Caulifla achieved SS2 she could still use them.
I’m just asking because Goku stated in the manga that he isn’t going to teach those forms to Gohan. So I’m wondering if it’s possible that Gohan picked them up anyway at some point, and COULD do them if he wanted.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Gohan already has SSJ2 down so the grade forms would be a piece of cake. Ki control among the current Z Senshi is unimaginably higher than what they ever accomplished in DBZ so even Krillin could probably follow the principle of buffing up your body and make his own variant of the grade forms. That sorta is what Roshi already does with his full power state.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Problem is whenever Gohan, or Goku and Vegeta go Super Saiyan, there's no real indication whether they're Super Saiyan 1 or 2. Even when the characters say it, they just say "Super Saiyan" so nobody knows what they really are. This is the case in Super every time they turn to their blonde hair forms.

I mean most assume they are fighting at Super Saiyan 2, but they never directly say it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:04 am

I imagine most of the Saiyans are capable of using the graded forms as they were originally a means for surpassing the original Super Saiyan state. Goten and Trunks are the only ones I'm sceptical about since they tend to rely on fusion and aren't concerned with amplifying their individual transformations too much.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:54 am

Of course, he saw Goku do it, and it's not difficult to use. He just has no reason to use them as they're bad.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:39 pm

The Grade forms are incorrect power ups. Gohan might not know them as he was taught the right way from the start. Goku, Vegeta and Trunks know the wrong way to power up to get the grade forms and Caulifla didn't know what she was doing this wrong way to power up.