Beerus pre God of destruction power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nodeo-Franvier

Beerus pre God of destruction power?

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:13 am

We know from Toppo that becomming God of destruction is a significant power boost, now how strong do you think pre God of destruction Beerus is? Although he may have become stronger on the job.

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Beerus pre God of destruction power?

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:19 am

I'd assume he would've been fairly strong to be considered for such a position, much less actually get it. If I had to guess, I'd assume around SsjG Goku's level in the BOG movie, or slightly weaker.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:37 am

I wrote a fanfic all about this but I had to leave it unfinished because Super completely jossed all of my ideas about Beerus' backstory.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:09 am

To be honest, I'd assumed he was born a God of Destruction. It never occurred to me that he may have been mortal once.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:30 am

He was weaker than Buu, at least before he met Whis according to Old Kai.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:55 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:30 am He was weaker than Buu, at least before he met Whis according to Old Kai.
He said he wasn't 'as bad' as Buu. That could mean not as evil.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:09 am To be honest, I'd assumed he was born a God of Destruction. It never occurred to me that he may have been mortal once.
I'm certain it's mentioned somewhere that ALL Gods of Destruction were mortals once, but were elevated to divinity due to their physical strength. The Destroyers would be the only deities who were not born Gods. There's a reason why Toppo is next in line to become a God despite being a mortal, and there's a reason why all 12 Destroyers come from different species (except for Beerus and Champa, whom we know are brothers). In comparison, all Supreme Kais and Angels come from the same species.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:46 am

It's not confirmed that all GoDs were once mortals. We only know that a mortal can potentially become a GoD. We also know that Kaioshins are born from golden apples growing on a magic tree and it is possible that GoDs can be born the same way.

Zamasu was not born a Kaioshin, but he was eligible to become one. So it goes both ways.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 am

I would assume weaker than the Kaioshins as both Shin and Kibito were astounded by the Saiyans exceeding their expectations time and time again to the point where they grudgingly admitted to having been surpassed. If a precedent for this phenomenon existed prior then you would think Shin wouldn't be so perplexed -- discounting Beerus' existence not having been a concept at the time, of course.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:39 am

Lionel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 am I would assume weaker than the Kaioshins as both Shin and Kibito were astounded by the Saiyans exceeding their expectations time and time again to the point where they grudgingly admitted to having been surpassed. If a precedent for this phenomenon existed prior then you would think Shin wouldn't be so perplexed -- discounting Beerus' existence not having been a concept at the time, of course.
Shin had never met Beerus at that point, and that probably goes the same for Kibito. Rou Kaioshin was the only one who knew him.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:39 am
Lionel wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 am I would assume weaker than the Kaioshins as both Shin and Kibito were astounded by the Saiyans exceeding their expectations time and time again to the point where they grudgingly admitted to having been surpassed. If a precedent for this phenomenon existed prior then you would think Shin wouldn't be so perplexed -- discounting Beerus' existence not having been a concept at the time, of course.
Shin had never met Beerus at that point, and that probably goes the same for Kibito. Rou Kaioshin was the only one who knew him.
Even if he did Shin knew Beerus was supposed to be stronger than Buu from the start. Shin were surprised because the saiyans were mortal. Also all he knew was Gohan was stronger than Goku who was stronger than Frieza.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:36 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 pm
there's a reason why all 12 Destroyers come from different species (except for Beerus and Champa, whom we know are brothers).
Heles and Belmod might be the same species. Maybe they're human.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:49 am

The fact that Beerus's brother is the GoD of another universe supports the idea that they were born for this and were never average mortals in the first place.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 am

nickzambuto wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:49 am The fact that Beerus's brother is the GoD of another universe supports the idea that they were born for this and were never average mortals in the first place.
One theory that I heard is that Beerus and Champa were both originally from Universe 6. In the manga, Beerus said that Vegeta could be a Hakaishin in one of the other universes, so it's possible that some of them are not native to the universes they live in.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:55 am

Neither Beerus or Champa have ever stated that they were born into their positions, not even having implied it as far as I know. It however has been stated that Hakaishin are appointed and as seen in the purple cats' case, Hakaishin can live for tens of millions of years upon taking on the position. Beerus & Champa likely have just held onto their roles for so long that it seems like they could've been born as Hakaishin but probably not.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:08 am

Personally, I have Beerus’s power level or scaling to be around Super Vegito (Buu) to Ssj GOD Goku (BoG). And for the last 75+ million years, has been training on and off to obtain his HAX level of strength.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:07 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:48 am
nickzambuto wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:49 am The fact that Beerus's brother is the GoD of another universe supports the idea that they were born for this and were never average mortals in the first place.
One theory that I heard is that Beerus and Champa were both originally from Universe 6. In the manga, Beerus said that Vegeta could be a Hakaishin in one of the other universes, so it's possible that some of them are not native to the universes they live in.
Also, Frieza offered to be Destroyer of Universe 9. I think they both could be from Universe 11 which is where Dyspo is from, and he appears to be the same species.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Nah, Beerus and Champa are more like cats while Dyspo is a rabbit of some sort. They do have similar designs, but seeing that no comment about it was ever made in the manga or the anime, and that Dyspo will hardly make a comeback and won't be seen ever again, it probably was just an in-universe coincidence. In-multiverse coincidence, to be fair.

I'd assume to be a candidate for the role you'd need to be at least SSB or Perfect Blue level. I doubt he started his journey from much lower than that. Or maybe the god realm introduced in BoG with SSG is the starting line for it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm Nah, Beerus and Champa are more like cats while Dyspo is a rabbit of some sort. They do have similar designs, but seeing that no comment about it was ever made in the manga or the anime
I distinctly remember Champa and Vados talking about the resemblance in the anime.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:24 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm Nah, Beerus and Champa are more like cats while Dyspo is a rabbit of some sort. They do have similar designs, but seeing that no comment about it was ever made in the manga or the anime
I distinctly remember Champa and Vados talking about the resemblance in the anime.
Really? I have no recollection of that, do you remember what episode?

Do we know who created Dyspo? is he Toriyama's, Toyo's, Toei's?