effect of old kai unlock potential on other races?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nodeo-Franvier

effect of old kai unlock potential on other races?

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:23 am

In Gohan case it seem that Old kai unlock potential also automatically bring out the power of SSJ and SSJ2 but do you think it would work on races with physical transformation such as Freeza's and Zarbon's also would those with no transformation like Dabura and the Ginyu force also gain similar degree of power?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: effect of old kai unlock potential on other races?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 am

It didn't give Gohan any new SSJ forms, but a very powerful base form.

So maybe it would give Freeza the power of Golden form in his 4th form? Or something.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:02 pm

Since it removed the need for Gohan to go Super Saiyan, I could see the same effect applying to transforming types like Freeza and Zarbon. Zarbon would be able to access the power within his monster form and much more without needing to transform. Freeza said he was going to train to bring out his dormant power in RoF, so the ritual would give him access to that and more as well.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Most certainly. It seems to coalesce all of a fighter's strength and potential into a single usable outlet in their original state. What I would ask is how it interprets a transformation like Puar or Oolong's. Those don't increase strength but merely change the appearance and functionalism of the user. How would the unlock work for those two?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 pm

Lionel wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm Most certainly. It seems to coalesce all of a fighter's strength and potential into a single usable outlet in their original state. What I would ask is how it interprets a transformation like Puar or Oolong's. Those don't increase strength but merely change the appearance and functionalism of the user. How would the unlock work for those two?
How much potential do they have in the first place?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:36 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 pm
Lionel wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 pm Most certainly. It seems to coalesce all of a fighter's strength and potential into a single usable outlet in their original state. What I would ask is how it interprets a transformation like Puar or Oolong's. Those don't increase strength but merely change the appearance and functionalism of the user. How would the unlock work for those two?
Enough to accelerate at impressive speeds in the form of a rocket that required Goku's Nimbus iirc.

I think in terms of strength they could maybe surpass the unremarkable tournament grunts from the preliminaries and perhaps even Ran Fan. Giran or Nam seem excessive as while Elder Kaioshin's ability does raise the user's power far beyond its limits, you're looking at a gap that's probably somewhere in the dozens range, conservatively speaking, which two non-combatant characters are having to bridge.

To be fair, Dende had his potential unlocked by the Grand Elder and we saw him afterwards soaring across the circumference of Namek within hours or so. I think before it took Krillin and Dende days to make it to the Grand Elder's.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:18 am

Lionel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:36 am
Enough to accelerate at impressive speeds in the form of a rocket that required Goku's Nimbus iirc.

I think in terms of strength they could maybe surpass the unremarkable tournament grunts from the preliminaries and perhaps even Ran Fan. Giran or Nam seem excessive as while Elder Kaioshin's ability does raise the user's power far beyond its limits, you're looking at a gap that's probably somewhere in the dozens range, conservatively speaking, which two non-combatant characters are having to bridge.

To be fair, Dende had his potential unlocked by the Grand Elder and we saw him afterwards soaring across the circumference of Namek within hours or so. I think before it took Krillin and Dende days to make it to the Grand Elder's.
I think they could beat Nam.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:18 am

Sounds generous but I don't think it's inconceivable.

I wonder if other fans would find it crazy if I suggested that Dende could have surpassed the likes of Nappa and Saiyan arc Goku in terms of power level after having his potential unlocked.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Lionel wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:51 pm

I wonder if other fans would find it crazy if I suggested that Dende could have surpassed the likes of Nappa and Saiyan arc Goku in terms of power level after having his potential unlocked.
That doesn't seem crazy. Gohan went from as Perfect Cell to Buu level. His base form was weaker than Base Goku or Vegeta but his Mystic base was stronger than SSJ3. If we treat potential unlock as just a boost on base, it would have a higher boost than SS3. SSJ3 is 400x and if it was exactly that much for Gohan, it would keep him below Super Buu. Piccolo Daimao is given a PL of 260 in the Daizenshuu. Kami is stronger than this. Dende is even stronger! But lets use 260 as a lowball. 260 x 400 = 104,000. This would put Lowball Mystic Dende as stronger than Goku when he arrived on Namek. That should give yo an idea of how broken Elder Kai unlock is.

Nodeo-Franvier

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 am

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 pm

That doesn't seem crazy. Gohan went from as Perfect Cell to Buu level. His base form was weaker than Base Goku or Vegeta but his Mystic base was stronger than SSJ3. If we treat potential unlock as just a boost on base, it would have a higher boost than SS3. SSJ3 is 400x and if it was exactly that much for Gohan, it would keep him below Super Buu. Piccolo Daimao is given a PL of 260 in the Daizenshuu. Kami is stronger than this. Dende is even stronger! But lets use 260 as a lowball. 260 x 400 = 104,000. This would put Lowball Mystic Dende as stronger than Goku when he arrived on Namek. That should give yo an idea of how broken Elder Kai unlock is.

Ultimate Gohan was only that strong because of Gohan enormous potential, for other people and especially non-combatants like Dende it would have been different.
On the other hand i think the Ginyu force bar Guldo would have received a massive increase.

Ps. By the time Gohan received old Kai potential unlock he probably have surpassed main Vegeta thanks to his Z-sword training.

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 am

Nodeo-Franvier wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:38 am
Kakkaroto735 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:32 pm

Ultimate Gohan was only that strong because of Gohan enormous potential, for other people and especially non-combatants like Dende it would have been different.
On the other hand i think the Ginyu force bar Guldo would have received a massive increase.

Ps. By the time Gohan received old Kai potential unlock he probably have surpassed main Vegeta thanks to his Z-sword training.
Still, Dende would still be crazy strong.