Might there be surviving Saiyan communities elsewhere in space?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GatoF
Beyond Newbie

Re: Might there be surviving Saiyan communities elsewhere in space?

Post by GatoF » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:56 am

Saiyans are like Uchiha in Naruto and Superman's race, they were 'extinct' but there is always survivors if they want to

evirus

Post by evirus » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:01 am

In the newest Broly movie we see mention of snipers when freeza takes over, so the saiyans have some traditional(real world) military functions going on. Who’s to say there wasn’t some clandestine/unofficial groups operating when the planet was destroyed?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:54 pm

There probably are, and when Toriyama thinks of some he will introduce them to the saga.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 am

This just made realize despite how hated the Dragon Ball Minus version of Goku’s origin is, it does fix one significant plot hole. “Why would Goku be sent off on an assignment if Freeza deliberately called everyone back?”

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:02 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:07 am This just made realize despite how hated the Dragon Ball Minus version of Goku’s origin is, it does fix one significant plot hole. “Why would Goku be sent off on an assignment if Freeza deliberately called everyone back?”
I always just assumed he was sent just before the order came in and it was too late to go back and get his space pod.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 pm

But why would you make such an assumption when Bardock himself is only returning to the planet due to that exact order?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:47 pm But why would you make such an assumption when Bardock himself is only returning to the planet due to that exact order?
Maybe Gine was the one sending Goku and wasn't aware of the order to come back because she was on the planet? or he was sent the moment the order came in by somebody else in charge of the newborns?
There's plenty of wiggle room.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Was it even stated Freeza ordered everyone to return either in the TV special or the manga? I just assumed he blew the planet up without caring for survivors in other planets.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm Maybe Gine was the one sending Goku and wasn't aware of the order to come back because she was on the planet? or he was sent the moment the order came in by somebody else in charge of the newborns?
I suggest you guys to read Dragon Ball Minus (I warn you, though, it's really crap). Bardock was off on a mission when they received the order to come back to the planet. Then most Saiyans come back. Then we see Bardock deciding to send Goku to another planet. And we actually see Bardock and Gine together sending Goku to Earth. There's no "wiggle room" at all.

Gine knowing or not about the order is completely irrelevant. She most likely doesn't know about it given how things played out, but like I said, it's irrelevant.

The order for Saiyans to come back to Vegeta takes place (way) before Goku is sent to Earth.
Yuji wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm Was it even stated Freeza ordered everyone to return either in the TV special or the manga? I just assumed he blew the planet up without caring for survivors in other planets.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:07 pm Maybe Gine was the one sending Goku and wasn't aware of the order to come back because she was on the planet? or he was sent the moment the order came in by somebody else in charge of the newborns?
I suggest you guys to read Dragon Ball Minus (I warn you, though, it's really crap). Bardock was off on a mission when they received the order to come back to the planet. Then most Saiyans come back. Then we see Bardock deciding to send Goku to another planet. And we actually see Bardock and Gine together sending Goku to Earth. There's no "wiggle room" at all.

Gine knowing or not about the order is completely irrelevant. She most likely doesn't know about it given how things played out, but like I said, it's irrelevant.

The order for Saiyans to come back to Vegeta takes place (way) before Goku is sent to Earth.

Oh yeah sure, I was talking about the "plothole" DBM corrected. There was wiggle room before DBM, I meant, to explain it.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:41 pm

I think there's a reason why we saw Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz and some usuless fodder with unoriginal designs in DBS: Broly. This is the way for more Saiyans to come out in the future if Shueisha (using Toriyama) wants. "Hurr durr there were more Saiyans out there, you just didn't know about them, princess Vegeta!" or something like that.
So yeah, there might be surviving Saiyan communities.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pmImage
I said the TV special or the (original) manga. The argument in question is Minus fixing an alleged plot hole, so obviously we're not going to count it.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Not to mention that it doesn't quite explain away Infiltration Babies, who I assume probably wouldn't understand an order to return to Planet Vegeta, let alone follow it.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:21 pmOh yeah sure, I was talking about the "plothole" DBM corrected. There was wiggle room before DBM, I meant, to explain it.
Yuji wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:31 pmI said the TV special or the (original) manga. The argument in question is Minus fixing an alleged plot hole, so obviously we're not going to count it.
I apologize. I actually misinterpreted you both because I read MasenkoHA's post wrongly.
Trouser wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:41 pm I think there's a reason why we saw Nappa, Vegeta, Raditz and some usuless fodder with unoriginal designs in DBS: Broly. This is the way for more Saiyans to come out in the future if Shueisha (using Toriyama) wants. "Hurr durr there were more Saiyans out there, you just didn't know about them, princess Vegeta!" or something like that.
So yeah, there might be surviving Saiyan communities.
It's kind of pointless the way they did, though. I mean, if Vegeta elected to ignore the order, that alone opens up the possibility for more Saiyans having done the same thing. And then there's Tarble. Certainly not as much a random Saiyan as the other two seen with Vegeta, Raditz and Nappa.

Also, when I went to search for the image above, I remembered that it was said that not all Saiyans would be able to return in time (presumably because they were far away), so there's that too.

~ Day of the Machines ~