Can Kaioshin's power be felt by mortals?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Can Kaioshin's power be felt by mortals?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:11 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:30 pm Dende has god ki and regular ki, so Kami and Popo probably had both as well. Majin Boo also had both types.
Do we have anything to officially released to back up this? Not saying I highly doubt you, or anything. My question would be, what is the process that embues them with this power. The series always felt like Kami and Dende accepts a role and just starts doing the job. Like a CEO or something.

Also, regarding Bubble's powerlevel. With whatever powerlevel he may have, doesn't that put him into the upper 3% of people in the universe (I'm being a bit laxed on that just due to the fact that there's probally a few trillion out there and most have normal Earthian levels of power.)? And I'm only refering to that story in the original run from beginning of Z till Defeat of Buu. Also, Bibbidi and Babbadi's power was mostly in their magic, so how much Ki power did they posess? Also, also, Piccolo might have been sensing a unknown/weird energy coming from S.Kai that made him feel uneasy about fighting him. Maybe some of the Kami-ness saying "this feels familair, don't engage" and when he encountered Beerus, he was just hiding everything, or Beerus has a different kind of power altogethr.
The situations with Shin and Beerus were different, which is something people aren't mentioning. With the former, it was a tournament where he was allowed to give up. With the latter, Beerus was actively attacking people, so he had no choice but to try to defend himself.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:56 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:11 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:30 pm Dende has god ki and regular ki, so Kami and Popo probably had both as well. Majin Boo also had both types.
Do we have anything to officially released to back up this? Not saying I highly doubt you, or anything. My question would be, what is the process that embues them with this power.
Sure. In the chapter Moro was defeated, Dende confirmed he has been developing god ki, which enables him the ability to sense other gods’ energy, like Beerus for example.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the DB Galaxy wrote:Daizenshuu 7 says that Mister Popo and Karin are also beings native to the afterlife, sent to Earth to assist its God. Similar assistants from the afterlife are sent to the gods of each world.
You could argue that Popo and Karin don’t have such a quality, but their origin and job seem to be connected to it. I would recommend reading that guide for further exposition.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:56 am

At least according to an AT's interview, it seems that the Kaioshins were born with that title, while with the God's of Earth at least, we know they were appointed to that role... so that maybe explains why Kami's chi could be located? With Kaio-sama it could be different, though he maybe is appointed to this role as well, resting with the Kaioshins the more divide aspect of "being born that way". But again, aren't the Hakaishins also appointed to their function? I don't know.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:52 am

Mireya wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:56 am aren't the Hakaishins also appointed to their function? I don't know.
The idea that there are God of Destruction candidates suggest they don’t born gods. Whis also implies either Goku or Vegeta could fill that role, if Beerus ever leaves it.