Could demons like Dabura be evil Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Locutus

Could demons like Dabura be evil Kaioshin?

Post by Locutus » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:22 am

Asking this since the existence of the Makai and Makaioshin seem to be vague on this matter. I have no idea if Heroes or Xenoverse ever expanded upon this, but the Daizenshuu says a Kai with an evil heart goes to the Demon realm. Iirc, it isn't clear if the Makai and Makaioshin come from these evil kais, so what is it possible that the likes of Dabura are the evil Kais?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Could demons like Dabura be evil Kaioshin?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Sure it's possible, but we won't know unless more information on the subject is revealed.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Dabura has only been referred to as a member of the demon realm's people and that he is the lord over that dimension. No mention of him being a fallen Kaio/Kaioshin has ever been made by Shin or anyone else to date.
Odds are, Dabura's just a strong demon like Gohan is a strong Earthling. There is no indication that they hold or have held any sort of divine status; they're just really strong.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 pm

Is there anything in the canon which suggests Dabura being a Makaishin? Would Zamasu count as a Makai?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:21 pm

DBFanTalk wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 pm Is there anything in the canon which suggests Dabura being a Makaishin? Would Zamasu count as a Makai?
No. The Makaioshins are Shinjin who were born evil and exiled to the Demon Realm at birth. That's not the case with Zamasu. He was originally good, and was even a high-ranking Kai, as the North Kai of U10 and future Supreme Kai. He's more of a Kaioshin gone rogue.