Do you think fusions could use Destruction and Ultra Instinct?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Do you think fusions could use Destruction and Ultra Instinct?

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Fusions are supposed to combine aspects and technics from both fighters, which usually mean that they can use all moves from either of the original warriors.

But as depicted recently in the manga - and even in the anime when it comes to Ultra Instinct -, very specific personality traits, state of mind and fighting styles are key factors in mastering Ultra Instinct or Destruction, that can actually block one of those (opposite?) paths for a warrior. Goku being able to learn the real Destruction ability is not a given and his temper and style make him more inclined to keep his emotions in check and let his body incarnate "pure, untainted fight" for a while with absolute calm. On the contrary, Vegeta has been quickly implied - and has stated himself - to not be the right kind of person to trigger Ultra Instinct, with his personality and fighting style forming a barrier and making him lean more to the Destruction side.

Do you think that a fusion, mixing two sets of traits into one person, could access both sides?
Or do you think mixing personalities could actually make the fusion unable to tap into those powers, with Vegetto and Gogeta being unable to be calm enough to trigger Ultra Instinct because of Vegeta's side and unable to activate "shameless" (if I try to recap Beerus' words about accepting the need to destroy without remorse) real Destruction because of Goku's side?

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Do you think fusions could use Destruction and Ultra Instinct?

Post by TobyS » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:21 pm

I could see it being a plot point that they have too busy/clouded a mind for it so fusion or godly powers are an either or situation if they want to do away with fusion as aplot device.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:05 am

Given that their minds are combined together, a fusion of Goku & Vegeta would know well enough not to let something interfere with whatever technique & abilities that they possess. If it meant that they had to be in two, different mental states to do so, the fusion could probably pull it off on that condition.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:32 am

I don't see why not. I could imagine Gogeta and Vegito using it with even greater efficacy than Goku, since Whis said Vegeta thinks too much and Goku is not careful enough.

A real question is:
Can the fusions use such powerful techniques without defusing instantly?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:42 pm

If Beerus can use Hakai and UI even though it's not Mastered Gogeta should be able to.

Marz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marz » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Probably. Perhaps not both at the same time, but Beerus has shown that he is able to use some semblance of Ultra Instinct, despite his main source of power being Destruction.