Vegeta and the Moon

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Vegeta and the Moon

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:04 pm

Here's something I just found out to be confusing (don't you hate it when that heppens?). In the Saiya-jinn Saga when Vegeta is about to transform into Oozaru, he looks for the Earth's moon, but to no avail, and figures that it must have been destroyed. Even if the moon wasn't destroyed, wouldn't Vegeta still not be able to find it, since the fight took place around the day (based on the fact that it was pretty bright out during the whole fight)?

The only explanation I could get for this is that it could have been before or around the sunset, where the moon starts to get visible, if that makes any sense.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Duo
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta and the Moon

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:05 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Here's something I just found out to be confusing (don't you hate it when that heppens?). In the Saiya-jinn Saga when Vegeta is about to transform into Oozaru, he looks for the Earth's moon, but to no avail, and figures that it must have been destroyed. Even if the moon wasn't destroyed, wouldn't Vegeta still not be able to find it, since the fight took place around the day (based on the fact that it was pretty bright out during the whole fight)?

The only explanation I could get for this is that it could have been before or around the sunset, where the moon starts to get visible, if that makes any sense.
Vegeta states that him and Nappa chose a day specifically chose a day that the Moon would be out at about that time so that they could wipe out most of the planet in one go. When they left, this was viable. He was looking for a different reason, of course, than he originally intended...

wannywan
Beyond Newbie

Post by wannywan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:35 pm

For a RL explanation, where I live you can sometimes see the moon all day, even if it's sunny.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPpkxkjpPg]Picto-hame-ha![/url]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:05 pm

Thanks. I knew there was some reason why Vegeta and Nappa decided to come exactly on that day, since everyone was so sure that they'd be coming in two years (or however much it was).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:45 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Thanks. I knew there was some reason why Vegeta and Nappa decided to come exactly on that day, since everyone was so sure that they'd be coming in two years (or however much it was).
One year.

And yeah, here it isn't suprising to see a full moon in the middle of the day. At least I saw it like that often growing up.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:54 pm

It must have been around sundown when Vegeta and Goku started fighting right because it was night when Bulma and the others arrived to pick them up.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:05 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:And yeah, here it isn't suprising to see a full moon in the middle of the day. At least I saw it like that often growing up.
A full moon in the middle of the day? :?

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Well who said that the planets that Vegeta and Nappa go to don't have full moons in the day. Not to mention the earth can too
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:48 pm

future_trunks wrote:Well who said that the planets that Vegeta and Nappa go to don't have full moons in the day. Not to mention the earth can too
The Earth can't have a full moon in the middle of the day, and neither can any other planet unless it has two suns.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Rocketman wrote:
The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:And yeah, here it isn't suprising to see a full moon in the middle of the day. At least I saw it like that often growing up.
A full moon in the middle of the day? :?
Well, in the evening well before nightfall, anyway.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 pm

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Well, in the evening well before nightfall, anyway.
Ok, that makes sense then.

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:07 pm

Rocketman wrote:
future_trunks wrote:Well who said that the planets that Vegeta and Nappa go to don't have full moons in the day. Not to mention the earth can too
The Earth can't have a full moon in the middle of the day, and neither can any other planet unless it has two suns.
Point taken, but really I think he was just checking to see if the moon was out yet or something.
DaemonCorps wrote: The only explanation I could get for this is that it could have been before or around the sunset, where the moon starts to get visible, if that makes any sense.
Yeah just like that. 8)
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:26 pm

Maybe it was because he was really high up in the sky. Can't you see everything then?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Let me take a second to say LOGIC ALERT.

Let's not drag anything the least bit scientific into this.

You can only really debate / try to figure out occurences in Dragon Ball based on what's said or implied in Dragon Ball.

Otherwise I can infer that Saiyans and humans are the same species.

tainted saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by tainted saiyan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:59 pm

This was the first time Vegeta was on earth, we can assume he did not have extensive knowledge of our planet's natural satelites. He could have thought that the moon was always present.
Chivalry

Swift
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swift » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:50 am

Vegeta states specifically that it's "past the time the moon should be out." I'd just assume it's pretty close to sunset, so the moon would already be in the sky, despite it being light out.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:58 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Otherwise I can infer that Saiyans and humans are the same species.
Saiyans are human. But they're not Earthlings.

Ran Fuan

Post by Ran Fuan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:15 am

I'm just thinking how high Goku's Kamehameha sent Vegeta into the sky... surely the moon would be visible (or more visible) at that height.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:08 am

Olivier Hague wrote:
The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:Otherwise I can infer that Saiyans and humans are the same species.
Saiyans are human. But they're not Earthlings.
Homo sapiens saiyajin? :lol:
He could have thought that the moon was always present.
Then he's a moron. Half the time, the bulk of the planet will hide the moon. Aside from that, full moons only occur when the planet is between the star and the moon.

DaemonCorps

Re: Vegeta and the Moon

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Duo wrote:Vegeta states that him and Nappa chose a day specifically chose a day that the Moon would be out at about that time so that they could wipe out most of the planet in one go. When they left, this was viable. He was looking for a different reason, of course, than he originally intended...
Right. This pretty much answers my question. But uh... I guess you guys can continue theorizing if you want.