SSJ2 Vegeta?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:02 am

I think its a pretty safe bet that Vegeta just went to level 2 SSj in between the cell and boo sagas. Everyone was so close to becoming SSJ2 at the end of the Cell games, I think that 5 yrs is more than enough time enough for him to break through. Also Vegeta never talks about going to SSJ 2 for the first time speificly, everytime somoene breaks through to a new level for the 1st time its always a big dramatic moment. Plus Gohan mentions that durring the fight with majin Vegeta and Goku, that the 2 are fighting at levels beyond a SSJ. And also a good indicator of SSJ2 is the Lightning surounding their ki, and spikier hair, both Goku and Majin Vegeta had this.

So yes, Majin power did give Vegeta a huge boost, but theres never a mention of him breaking through to SSJ2 as a result.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:01 am

Exactly my point. When and how Vegeta reached SSJ2 for the first time is never mentioned directly, but I tend to think that if Vegeta turned SSJ2 only because of his Majin power-up, that they would've said so specifically.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:46 pm

I dont think he was before and I know exactly why Vegeta didnt pull a fit when he saw Goku had it. He DID pull a fit over Gohan in the Cell Games. 5 years have passed and as he says hes gone soft, its no longer the big deal it used to be, Vegeta had done just a LITTLE growing up. However as his Majin speech goes, he did deep down inside regret not being SSJ2 because he was soft, therefore it was the only way for him to get there.
-Laserkid

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:51 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Exactly my point. When and how Vegeta reached SSJ2 for the first time is never mentioned directly, but I tend to think that if Vegeta turned SSJ2 only because of his Majin power-up, that they would've said so specifically.
Yet you don't think they would have said so specifically if Vegeta went SSJ2 before that? Right. They didn't. So that's a pretty moot point. :)

And Manga Ka Kyo, that lightning and spikier hair being an aspect of SSJ2 is true... But Vegeta didn't show it until he turned Majin. In fact, the entire process of turning Majin was sparked with lightning, which seemed to me to indicating some sort of breakthrough... To SSJ2.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:07 pm

My final opinion is, based on what Vegeta says to Goku, that he could go SSJ2, but would still be weaker than Goku. Majin was just to even the gap.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:38 pm

The only time the title "Super Saiyan 2" is ever used, to my knowledge, is when Goku is explaining the stages to Babidi. Up untill then, at least in the dub, they had been using "Ascended Saiyan". Id have to agree with Dayspring, Vegeta had already reached SSJ2 before he duked it out with Goku. I'm going with that he reached SSJ2 sometime during the 7 years before the Tournament. He probably figured the Majiin "boost" would give him at least some kind of an advantage during the fight, if any.