Most-Forgotten Heroes

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:03 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: Ten is not a Saiyan. :wink:
That, plus Ten is all about the dangerous, self damaging moves (Kikoho, Mafuba, etc.). A "Shin" Kaioken of some sort would’ve been a perfect fit for him.
No, no, I meant like this response in an earlier thread about this kind of subject:
Rocketman wrote: Tenshinhan: Alright guys, I'm gonna fight #19 with a dangerous technique that will strain my body to its limits quickly and possibly kill me!

Vegeta: You can do that, or I could go Super, and be able to fight harder for longer with no risk to my body.

Tenshinhan: No, wait! I'll stand in one place for a long-ass time and summon an energy ball to throw at them!

Vegeta: Great! Then after they absorb it, I can kill you without complaints from anyone else! Fuck off. *goes Super, whoops ass*

Tenshinhan: *emo*
So yeah...

Personally, I would’ve had Bulma leaving him for Vegeta enrage Yamucha into take his training more seriously than ever and spur him to willpower his way through gravity training and get stronger that way. Plus I would’ve had him and Ten know the Kaioken from Kaio's training in the afterlife, so that would’ve helped out as well.

Apart from giving Yamucha a better edge and a better reason to be a factor in Cell saga fights, there’s also the matter of him and Vegeta having increasing tension built between them… I wouldn’t have minded seeing it pay off either as a fight of some sort, or even simply as more character interaction of some sort.
1. Bulma doesn't leave him for Vegeta for the entire Cell Saga. She doesn't even know where Vegeta is when they all meet up to fight the Androids, and Vegeta famously doesn't give a shit about her or baby Trunks.

2. A fight? What fight? Vegeta outclasses everybody but Goku until Piccolo fuses with Kami. A fight between Vegeta and Yamcha would be like Vegeta vs Appule.

3. The narration box in volume 7, page 82 says "At 100Gs, a human's body would be instantly crushed." I take that to mean even Yamcha and the like. The human body simply cannot take that much force. That's why the humans never go in for gravity training above what they get on King Kai's, and that's why they drop out.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:49 pm

I still have my one character! 8)

Yamcha is a totally forgotten hero! He never got his bargain of the deal. Tien got to blast down Cell with the Kikoho, and Kuririn shouldered into Cell during some filler.
Poor Yamcha! :x
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Rocketman wrote:
omegacwa wrote:I honestly would have liked to see Tenshinhan and Krillin somehow unlock some kind of "super human" gimmick, just so they could have still been important at the end.
They were already super human. :P
Well, yeah, but Goku and Vegeta were far stronger than any other Saiyan ever before they Transformed too.

I don't mean a transformation like having golden hair or anything, but maybe some kind of technique, similar to transforming, that the humans could use to be "cool" again. Hell Toriyama came up with the whole fusion thing for Piccolo, why couldn't the humans get something. I think it would have been really cool if Tenshinhan did this technique/transformation, and took on Semi Perfect Cell hand to hand or something.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:I still have my one character! 8)

Yamcha is a totally forgotten hero! He never got his bargain of the deal. Tenshinhan got to blast down Cell with the Kikoho, and Kuririn shouldered into Cell during some filler.
Poor Yamcha! :x
Man, in Buu filler, Yamcha easily beat that Fabio look-alike and some other fighter at the same time. You know, that guy that gave Pikkon some trouble? Elibu, Ulibo, whatever his name is. After that, Krillin says something along the lines of "On Earth you couldn't do anything to get him to train, but up here he's a superstar. *sigh*" Hehe, he got his filler moments. Tenshinhan isn't really forgotten, he does save the day a couple of times in the manga, I mean like...complete saves that actually, in turn, saved the Earth.

Yaj would be my pick. He's strong, apparently stronger than Tenshinhan after the 22nd Budokai. He fought equally with Goku, easily killed Cymbal, ate him, took a sip from that water that's suppose to kill you and didn't die, brings senzu to the gang, almost kills Vegeta, survives a beating from Vegeta, and survives getting blown up by the androids.

Is he...Immortal?!
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Yes! jk :lol:

Yajirobe is good pick too!
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:01 am

Since in the Buu saga noone could find Ten until he showed up of his own acord... Yamcha should have fused with Yajirobe. XD
Of course, I'm almost certain had Toriyama made that happen, Yajicha would wind up being big and awkward and basically an SSJ-level Ox-king who goofs around for thirty minutes...
(Though really, blending Yamcha's and Yajirobe's talents seems like it'd result in some badass techniques. ...)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).