Worst character designs in the series.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Velasa wrote:Hey, I have an idea! We've seen these sayiajin naked half a dozen times and it's painfully obvious the only bodyhair they have is their eyebrows.
Except Raditz has leg hair. That Piccolo managed to singe. :P

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Velasa wrote:Hey, I have an idea! We've seen these sayiajin naked half a dozen times and it's painfully obvious the only bodyhair they have is their eyebrows.
Saiyans shave their legs..... Raditz is a liar.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
Was that in the dub?

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Go, invisible leg hair!!!

...... Does anyone in the series have body hair? Besides random background people, Bacterian and animal people. I cant remember any < < I understand why (harder to animate with more lines), but to then build a design around invisible body hair..... it boggles the mind.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Realistically, I would assume they all have body hair, but for animation purposes, it's left out.

Kind like how the Looney Toons don't have penises. Doesn't mean they don't piss.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:13 pm

'How come Donald Duck never wears pants, but when he gets out of the shower he puts a towel on?' :lol:

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Velasa wrote:Go, invisible leg hair!!!

...... Does anyone in the series have body hair? Besides random background people, Bacterian and animal people. I cant remember any < < I understand why (harder to animate with more lines), but to then build a design around invisible body hair..... it boggles the mind.
Really? No one knows one singular important character with body hair? Why oh why do you people forget Mr. Satan so easily? His chest is so supremely manly it hurts.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:34 pm

What happened to the Ozarus?

*Raises fist in glory*
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

Satan-Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Satan-Sama » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:
Satan-Sama wrote:As far as bad character designs go, I would have to say any teen/adult Goten form is pretty lame. Yamcha's bowl cut design in the Trunks arc wasn't so great either, not as bad as Afro Thunder Bulma from that same arc.
I like teen Goten, dag nabbit!

He gets so much hate. :P
He looks more like Yamcha than a mini-Goku and just imagine if he went Super Saiyan with that hairdo...
KRILLIN'S IN DA HOUSE!
AND HE IS LOOKING MONDO COOL!
SO DON'T BE CRAMPIN' HIS STYLE!

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Velasa wrote:Go, invisible leg hair!!!

Mr. Satan is a pretty hairy guy. He probably has hair like, every where.
Satan-Sama wrote:...not as bad as Afro Thunder Bulma from that same arc.
What? Bulma blue Afro was by far the coolest hairdo she ever had. I can't be the only one here who thinks so.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 pm

I don't think the afro was horrible, but not her best. Bulma's worst look was the one-sided pigtail seen in the Red Ribbon arc. What is she, four?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:00 pm

I like SSJ3. It's an obvious change, unlike the subtle change of SSJ2. And honestly, is an SSJ1 can lift 40 tons with ease, an SSJ3 must have the strength to lift their own hair.

Mr Satan does seem like a hairy guy, yeah.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Worst character designs in the series

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 am

Worst character designs...

Android 19 was just bad. I mean, just look at him. He looked like a fat clown man with the worst clothes (not to mention his voice in FUNImation, but that's beside the point). Vegeta in GT was just horrible. They ruined his trademark hairstyle, his clothes were just awful and he had the worst moustache.

I also thought Bulma's afro hair in the Trunks Saga was just...unfitting. I didn't really like Yamcha's bowl hair-cut in the Trunks Saga either. Kuririn's hair looked bad in the Boo Saga, I mean, couldn't he have picked a more fitting haircut? Fat Janemba was bad too. Didn't particularly like Videl's haircut in the beginning. I liked her short hair, even if it did look slightly tomboyish. Chaozu - I despised his little mime-guy clown appearance. It's one of the reasons people don't like him and give low power levels like 20,000 at the end of Z.[/i]
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:08 am

[What? Bulma blue Afro was by far the coolest hairdo she ever had. I can't be the only one here who thinks so.[/quote]

I think Bulma's blue Afro hairdo was kind of unfitting for her. I'm not saying it was exactly bad, but it wasn't a good choice.[/i]
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Krakabeast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Krakabeast » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:41 pm

B wrote:I don't think the afro was horrible, but not her best. Bulma's worst look was the one-sided pigtail seen in the Red Ribbon arc. What is she, four?
She is way better looking with the pigtail, in a trampy way.
Gohan: At least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.
Kuririn: Yeah, and your dad put his finger away too.

Scarz
I Live Here

Re: Worst character designs in the series

Post by Scarz » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Worst character designs...

Android 19 was just bad. I mean, just look at him. He looked like a fat clown man with the worst clothes (not to mention his voice in FUNImation, but that's beside the point). Vegeta in GT was just horrible. They ruined his trademark hairstyle, his clothes were just awful and he had the worst moustache.

I also thought Bulma's afro hair in the Trunks Saga was just...unfitting. I didn't really like Yamcha's bowl hair-cut in the Trunks Saga either. Kuririn's hair looked bad in the Boo Saga, I mean, couldn't he have picked a more fitting haircut? Fat Janemba was bad too. Didn't particularly like Videl's haircut in the beginning. I liked her short hair, even if it did look slightly tomboyish. Chaozu - I despised his little mime-guy clown appearance. It's one of the reasons people don't like him and give low power levels like 20,000 at the end of Z.
Gonna have to disagree on three things here, Loved Krillins hair in the Boo saga, I really liked Videl hair before she cut it, and of course Afro thunder Bulma.

I dunno why I love it so much, maybe because I grew an Afro myself a few years back I have this undying love for the style.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:46 pm

It's just because Mr. Satan makes himself so forgettable. He's got body hair then, but he never goes SSJ3.

And you bums. Just put up pictures < < Image Like that.
Oh Andriod 19. You were such a pain in the ass.... the only good thing you ever did was get your hands ripped off by Vegeta and squeal like a pig when you died.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Velasa wrote:Oh Andriod 19. You were such a pain in the ass.... the only good thing you ever did was get your hands ripped off by Vegeta and squeal like a pig when you died
And, of course, generate this handy image for whenever the need arises:

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate myself for being the first person to use this image in over four years. :P
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:04 pm

So I guess in a way we should be grateful to the little clown?

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Imperfect Cell. The design actually hurts my eyes when I look at it. Sandwiched between the awesome bug form, and the not quite as awesome but nice-looking, clean and streamlined Perfect form.

Other than that, I can't really think of any others.