Sparking NEO! Wins award

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Mac2492 wrote:I think the game deserved it. (Out of those choices, anyway) It's really fun and it has a huge replay value.
No. Yes. And ... No.

I may really like the game, but it is an aweful fighting game. Out of the ones they had on there the Tekken and Power Stones handheld are better fighting games. The Power stone system should have been how they made the DBZ games.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:06 pm

I've played it on the Wii, it's pretty sweet. I think it deserves the fighting game of the year, they can't vote on Ultimate Stars! (^_~)
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:12 pm

DBZ-Guy wrote:That show is absolutely retarded. After watching them give NEO! the award i just want to hit both of them in the face.
It's a shame no one thought of making a perfectly biased video game show, similar to X-Play... but god forbid if they don't kiss-ass to the Halo and Xbox faboys out there :roll: :x
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:48 pm

DBZ-Guy wrote:That show is absolutely retarded.
X-Play and G4 as a whole used to be a better channel, more in-touch with the gaming/tech crowd. But last year, they were bought by a new owner, and most of the gaming/tech related shows have now been replaced in an attempt to be all "Spike TV"-ish (I.E> Most of the shows are bad sitcoms, canceled programs, or otherwise non-gaming related.)

I used to watch G4 daily, but now I'm like: "Why call it G4 if there's barely any gaming stuff?"

Either way, congrats of BT2 winning an award and a good score, but shame on Morgan and Adam for being rather unprofessional...

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Mac2492

Post by Mac2492 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:57 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Mac2492 wrote:I think the game deserved it. (Out of those choices, anyway) It's really fun and it has a huge replay value.
No. Yes. And ... No.

I may really like the game, but it is an aweful fighting game. Out of the ones they had on there the Tekken and Power Stones handheld are better fighting games. The Power stone system should have been how they made the DBZ games.
Dark Resurrection was just a revamp of Tekken 5. Yes, it's a good game, but it should not be rated as a completely new game. It's Tekken 5 + more customization + more modes + two characters. The game itself should be rated based on its features in consummation, but I think that it should only be based on the add-ons if we're talking about the best fighting game of 2006. (Because that was all that was added in 2006!)

Power Stones... No idea. I was going to get it, but I decided against that.

Anyway, I'm enjoying DBZ, regardless of what any reviewers say. I'm glad that this won, though. It gives us a better chance of getting Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii! (Hooray!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:24 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:
DBZ-Guy wrote:That show is absolutely retarded.
X-Play and G4 as a whole used to be a better channel, more in-touch with the gaming/tech crowd. But last year, they were bought by a new owner, and most of the gaming/tech related shows have now been replaced in an attempt to be all "Spike TV"-ish (I.E> Most of the shows are bad sitcoms, canceled programs, or otherwise non-gaming related.)

I used to watch G4 daily, but now I'm like: "Why call it G4 if there's barely any gaming stuff?"

- Bilis
I totally agree with you.(bilis, not DBZ-guy). The channel used to be great. Judgement day, Portal, Xplay, Cheat, Filter, Cinematech, it was great. But now the only good Video game shows are Cheat, Xplay, and Cinematech. All the other shows are about pointless stuff.(The Man Show!? What the heck?!?!)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 pm

(The Man Show!? What the heck?!?!)
Hahhaha, that show is great, in a terrible sort of way.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:09 am

Anonymous Friend wrote: The Power stone system should have been how they made the DBZ games.
Except that's how the One Piece Grand Battle games are made & to some extent Jump Ultimate Stars. Interestingly both games are developed by Ganbarion. Seems to me they're like pretty big fans of the Power Stone series.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:04 am

Sebastian (SB) wrote:Except that's how the One Piece Grand Battle games are made & to some extent Jump Ultimate Stars. Interestingly both games are developed by Ganbarion. Seems to me they're like pretty big fans of the Power Stone series.
Not to go off-topic too much, but I just bought One Piece Grand Battle for $15 a couple weeks ago. Except for the bad voices, it's a really fun and clever fighting game. Now I need to get Grand Adventure too...

I remember X-Play also gave the OP games bad scores too. But then again, they're probably not OP fans.

- Bilis

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:38 am

To be fair, you have to cut X-play and all reviewer some slack because most Dragonball games, while being great Dragonball games, are sub-par games. The gameplay is very repetetive and not really all that deep. We get the same story repeated to use every single time. They've been progresively getting better. But I doubt they're gonna increase by very much. The best that we can hope for is to get all the characters and attacks that we're asking for. And with the next-gen systems if they leave out something we can down load it.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:50 pm

While I agree that most Dragonball(and anime) games are sub-par, the thing that makes me mad is when they make fun of the shows themselves and the fans without even knowing much about it.(When they said they knew Naruto and explained it, they read that from the game case.) It's not the games, it's the fact it's anime. Have you ever seen them make fun of Aquaman fans or the series.(They make fun of that game, but not the fans or the series.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Either way, congrats of BT2 winning an award and a good score, but shame on Morgan and Adam for being rather unprofessional...

- Bilis
I don't even have G4. The only gaming-related shows I watch now is The Electric Playground and Reviews on the Run (a.k.a Judgment Day). I don't think they're so bad =) Doesn't matter, since I've heard that G4TechTV (the station we have in Canada) airs different content than the stuff you guys have..

While I agree that most Dragonball(and anime) games are sub-par, the thing that makes me mad is when they make fun of the shows themselves and the fans without even knowing much about it.(When they said they knew Naruto and explained it, they read that from the game case.) It's not the games, it's the fact it's anime. Have you ever seen them make fun of Aquaman fans or the series.(They make fun of that game, but not the fans or the series.
At least they're not being ignorant of the facts like some 'game-related' websites out there..

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:12 am

Big Momma wrote:While I agree that most Dragonball(and anime) games are sub-par, the thing that makes me mad is when they make fun of the shows themselves and the fans without even knowing much about it.(When they said they knew Naruto and explained it, they read that from the game case.) It's not the games, it's the fact it's anime. Have you ever seen them make fun of Aquaman fans or the series.(They make fun of that game, but not the fans or the series.
It's not just anime games, but all licenced games in general. It's the problem that results from trying to make the gameplay fit the story instead of the story fit the gameplay. The sadest part is that it most likely will never change.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Sparking Neo is a good game. Anybody who says differently is a shithead.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:08 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:Sparking Neo is a good game. Anybody who says differently is a person who has a differing opinion.
Edited for clarity. :lol:

Seriously, I don't care if someone doesn't like the games, just judge them as games and their quality of gaming, not because you like/dislike the show it's based off of.

- Bilis

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:47 pm

I just want to say that video game related programming usually entertains and interests me.

But I hate X-Play. I truely do.

Katalyst

Post by Katalyst » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:05 pm

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Although I've only read the first 2 panels(My CPU is slow) that was extremely humorous.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Katalyst wrote:*image snipped*
...do you know where sailors hang out?

-Corey