MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 4/1/24!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection! (Updated 11/17/1

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 am

Very good Dissection as always from Lance.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

coola wrote:- That's true, how the heck scouter didn't picked Chaozu and Yajirobe power level? They were surely stronger than Yamucha at this point.
- I also try not to pay too much attention to power levels, but i always wondered, why no one get siginificant power boost during these 5 years? Piccolo was still around, ready to counterattack, yet both he and Z-Warriors got barely stronger, yet it was suddenly 1 year was enough to get from 150-416 to 1000-3000?
- Kinda show how Mr. Toriyama treats Gohan from very beginning.
Well to be fair we never see the human's PLs before this so they could have improved themselves since the budokai

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:45 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
coola wrote:- That's true, how the heck scouter didn't picked Chaozu and Yajirobe power level? They were surely stronger than Yamucha at this point.
- I also try not to pay too much attention to power levels, but i always wondered, why no one get siginificant power boost during these 5 years? Piccolo was still around, ready to counterattack, yet both he and Z-Warriors got barely stronger, yet it was suddenly 1 year was enough to get from 150-416 to 1000-3000?
- Kinda show how Mr. Toriyama treats Gohan from very beginning.
Well to be fair we never see the human's PLs before this so they could have improved themselves since the budokai
I think they meant in terms of, say...Yamcha presumably being above 139 since the 23rd Budokai. 5 years later, he's at 178. So he can't have improved all that much.

I mean, one could argue that's how awesome Kami's training is I guess.

Or just that Toriyama was like, "Well, I guess after Goku and Piccolo the next strongest is Tenshinhan, then Krillin is stronger than Yamcha who's stronger than Roshi.", and didn't think any more about it than that.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 pm

One thing I really don't like about the PL talk in the beginning of the series is how low Tenshinhan is. How is it that he's training every day and after 5 years his power is 206, and Goku is slacking being a family man with a power of 416?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Honestly, i think it really is better to not think about power levels at all, for 5 years Z fighters and Piccolo barely got stronger, and in just one year they almost all (Except Yamcha and maybe Chaozu) made Raditz look like trash. And later we have Goku just got stronger from 10.000 to 90.000, and don't get me started on Freeza going from 120.000.000 to SSJG level in just 3 months...my head hurts. Honestly, power levels are bullshit :wink:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:41 pm

coola wrote:Honestly, i think it really is better to not think about power levels at all, for 5 years Z fighters and Piccolo barely got stronger, and in just one year they almost all (Except Yamcha and maybe Chaozu) made Raditz look like trash. And later we have Goku just got stronger from 10.000 to 90.000, and don't get me started on Freeza going from 120.000.000 to SSJG level in just 3 months...my head hurts. Honestly, power levels are bullshit :wink:
I'm quite inclined to agree. Once numbers became a part of measuring strength in Dragon Ball, everything just got really weird... Seriously, I had always believed that the Boo arc had the most strangest boosts in power, but honestly it seems that the Saiyan arc and Freeza arc are far more crazy.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:02 pm

Kid Buu wrote:I always felt that, the humans got a big boost in power from training in that one year, because they had several training partners while Goku only had Popo. Someone who I was just talking to mentioned that its mentioned twice in the Cell arc that having a training partner results in better gains.
But... Goku still has Popo.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Maybe having multiple partners is better than just one? :crazy: Its kinda a stretch, I know...
coola wrote:Honestly, i think it really is better to not think about power levels at all, for 5 years Z fighters and Piccolo barely got stronger, and in just one year they almost all (Except Yamcha and maybe Chaozu) made Raditz look like trash. And later we have Goku just got stronger from 10.000 to 90.000, and don't get me started on Freeza going from 120.000.000 to SSJG level in just 3 months...my head hurts. Honestly, power levels are bullshit :wink:
Yamcha is stronger than Chaozu, and both are weaker than Raditz, along with Yajirobe. That would mean only 2 out of the 5 surpassed Raditz, so I wouldn't say "almost all."
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:37 am

To echo my comment on the video:

You know...I know the Dragon can't just kill the Saiyans normally with a wish...but could he suck all the air out of their spacepods? Send them flying into a star or black hole? Explode their spacepod? Simply send their craft to the other side of the universe? Change their air into Carbon Monoxide? Fill the air supply with bacteria/viruses? Flood the pods with Sulfuric Acid?

I just feel there's options ol' Shenlong isn't considering here.

But other than that, glad to see another video from you man! Looking forward to December.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 am

Mewzard wrote:To echo my comment on the video:

You know...I know the Dragon can't just kill the Saiyans normally with a wish...but could he suck all the air out of their spacepods? Send them flying into a star or black hole? Explode their spacepod? Simply send their craft to the other side of the universe? Change their air into Carbon Monoxide? Fill the air supply with bacteria/viruses? Flood the pods with Sulfuric Acid?

I just feel there's options ol' Shenlong isn't considering here.

But other than that, glad to see another video from you man! Looking forward to December.
It seems more like he's not allowed to kill beings with more ki than himself, not that he can't.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:47 am

FoolsGil wrote:One thing I really don't like about the PL talk in the beginning of the series is how low Tenshinhan is. How is it that he's training every day and after 5 years his power is 206, and Goku is slacking being a family man with a power of 416?
Goku never stopped training, this seems to be a common misconception (I used to believe it myself). He says to Piccolo "Looks like we've both been training hard!" when they fight Raditz.

(And 206 is Krillin, Tenshinhan's at 250.)
Kid Buu wrote: Yamcha is stronger than Chaozu, and both are weaker than Raditz, along with Yajirobe. That would mean only 2 out of the 5 surpassed Raditz, so I wouldn't say "almost all."
Pretty sure Yamcha surpassed Raditz, as evidenced by how quickly he beat down the Saibaman.

As for Chaozu, we have no idea, we never find out how much he improved. Same for Yajirobe. (Well, we know those two surpassed Kami, but other than that no clue. Certainly nothing but guesswork and peripheral-numbers-also-based-on-guesswork to definitively put them under Raditz, although it's certainly likely.)

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Raditz is listed as having a power level of 1500, Yamcha at 1480.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Captain Space wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:One thing I really don't like about the PL talk in the beginning of the series is how low Tenshinhan is. How is it that he's training every day and after 5 years his power is 206, and Goku is slacking being a family man with a power of 416?
Goku never stopped training, this seems to be a common misconception
Probably because Piccolo outright said Goku had slacked off during that fight, but that was in the context of him not having developed any new techniques, not basic training.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I don't post that much anymore but I just wanted to come here and say I'm glad you're still active with this series and I'm looking forward to your marathon this December.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Raditz is listed as having a power level of 1500, Yamcha at 1480.
1. Neither of those canon to the manga.
2. Just as many sources list Raditz as 1200 as list him as 1500.
3. Clearly Raditz is not stronger than post-training Yamcha, given how quickly Yamcha defeated the Saibaman (that was said to be equal to Raditz) he fought in hand to hand. And actual events in the manga trump any numbers given anywhere.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Your continued questioning of Gohan has inspired me to watch some of Gohan anime filler again, realizing that I had never seen a good several episodes of it before! Say what you will about the writing, but simply seeing Gohan operate on his own for so long definitely smooths out the transition.

Something I might be misreading; you said that our seeing only snippets of Goku's training with Kaio is fine since his two big techniques are the goal. Wouldn't that be inadvertently endorsing the notion of abandoning bodily training in favor of using transformations to quickly bridge large strength gaps? Granted the Kaio-ken is not a transformation in the series' usual sense of the term and it requires a great deal more thought to get the most out of, but it strikes me as the forefather of the concept: or perhaps that is just the "Moar Kaioken!" attitude Toei took in the movies dirtying the well.
Last edited by BlazingFiddlesticks on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Well I can admit I was wrong on Goku, but even within PLs it's agreed that with everything we know about Tenshinhan, he should not be so far behind the other two right?

Of course...power levels are bullshit, and it may be better to ignore it. But man if there was one thing I wish Toriyama took seriously and planned, it would be the PL discussion. Piccolo and Goku talk a good game, but needed Gohan to blindswipe Raditz to win, SJ articles state there was only a 500 pl difference between Piccolo and Nappa, yet Piccolo couldn't beat Nappa on his own, and then later on Vegeta is utterly dominating folks on Namek with a 1000 pl difference, when on Earth Goku and Vegeta had larger gaps and yet they almost seemed equally matched.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Well I can admit I was wrong on Goku, but even within PLs it's agreed that with everything we know about Tenshinhan, he should not be so far behind the other two right?
What? No, he got totally humiliated by Goku in the 23rd Budokai and toward the end of his fight with Piccolo Jnr, it was mentioned that although he was half exhausted Jnr still had enough power left to take out everyone there if they tried to help Goku.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Saiga wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Well I can admit I was wrong on Goku, but even within PLs it's agreed that with everything we know about Tenshinhan, he should not be so far behind the other two right?
What? No, he got totally humiliated by Goku in the 23rd Budokai and toward the end of his fight with Piccolo Jnr, it was mentioned that although he was half exhausted Jnr still had enough power left to take out everyone there if they tried to help Goku.
And yet we are given an image of Tenshinhan as someone who trains like crazy every day. What would be holding him back to the point he isn't anywhere near Goku or Piccolo's power?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:59 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Saiga wrote:
And yet we are given an image of Tenshinhan as someone who trains like crazy every day. What would be holding him back to the point he isn't anywhere near Goku or Piccolo's power?
He's just not as good as them. That's really all there is to it. Not everyone is equal, especially when you're comparing people from different species.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"