Favourite Overlooked Moments?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Favourite Overlooked Moments?

Post by Cipher » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'll add this one. It's a really nice and powerful filler scene that, admittedly, makes no sense as to how Goku could have been imagining all of that, but still.
I've never been much of a fan of the anime adding all that extra fated weight to the Goku-Freeza fight. For me, it's a little more powerful that Goku simply steps up to the plate and accepts his heritage as Vegeta dies. After that, the fight's better feeling a little more immediate; Goku's outclassed and that's all that matters. I like it feeling a little more scrappy.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Goku getting a giant head after defeating Piccolo Daimao. It's so interesting to see Goku act like a smug little prick on God's lookout. It's rare to see Goku walk around knowing he's hot shit. Dude even waggles his finger and chides Popo for daring to request a sparing match. It's a side of Goku we barely ever get to see. As much as this is a great moment for Goku it also validates Roshi as a teacher. It gives real weight to his warnings of not getting a big head back during the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. He warned that there's always going to be someone stronger so never get overly content with your abilities. As soon as Goku forgets this lesson he gets his shit knocked in by an opponent. It was just a very "real" moment.

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:10 am

Cipher wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I'll add this one. It's a really nice and powerful filler scene that, admittedly, makes no sense as to how Goku could have been imagining all of that, but still.
I've never been much of a fan of the anime adding all that extra fated weight to the Goku-Freeza fight. For me, it's a little more powerful that Goku simply steps up to the plate and accepts his heritage as Vegeta dies. After that, the fight's better feeling a little more immediate; Goku's outclassed and that's all that matters. I like it feeling a little more scrappy.
I just want to say that the voice acting in Kai knocked this scene out of the park! Oh my god I was actually getting chills watching that. The music was what made the scene though. Do you know if that was Kikuchi or Yamamoto?
Akumaito Beam wrote:Goku getting a giant head after defeating Piccolo Daimao. It's so interesting to see Goku act like a smug little prick on God's lookout. It's rare to see Goku walk around knowing he's hot shit. Dude even waggles his finger and chides Popo for daring to request a sparing match. It's a side of Goku we barely ever get to see. As much as this is a great moment for Goku it also validates Roshi as a teacher. It gives real weight to his warnings of not getting a big head back during the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. He warned that there's always going to be someone stronger so never get overly content with your abilities. As soon as Goku forgets this lesson he gets his shit knocked in by an opponent. It was just a very "real" moment.
I always enjoyed seeing this side of Goku too as it made his calm, quiet and more serious self in the 23rd WMAT more meaningful. It was also cool seeing this side of Goku again in Battle of Gods... only for him again to be spanked :lol: