Favourite Broly scream (PT vs BR dub)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Favourite Broly scream (PT vs BR dub)

Post by Desassina » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:56 am

https://youtu.be/8cL1H6n8xGI?t=4m

There's a whole rivalry going on the internet between Portugal and Brazil when it comes to their dubs, but I think that the Portugal version has more charisma, even if the translations feel like an abridged series' sometimes. Someone else pointed out that the PT dub is the equivalent of the Spain dub versus the Mexican dub, with the Brazil one having faithful translations, but a rather boring outcome, in my opinion.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Favourite Broly scream (PT vs BR dub)

Post by Vijay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:41 am

I cant really decide. But personally, I'm a fan of Jap dub (Broly's scream)

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:06 am

The BR scream is way better. The PT sounds like he's passing a kidney stone.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:30 am

successoroffate wrote:The BR scream is way better. The PT sounds like he's passing a kidney stone.
So much this.
Sorry to say, but the Portugese dub just doesn't come close to the Brazil dub in this case.

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:31 am

Since I'm brazilian, I would probably have a biased opinion, but I think the brazilian DB dub in general is fantastic.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 am

successoroffate wrote:The BR scream is way better. The PT sounds like he's passing a kidney stone.
xD Well, I thought he sounded more like a maniac, which fits him.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:51 pm

This reminded me the old stupid days, where brazilians would dislike every pt-pt DB video.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 pm

I thought the PT version started off poor but ended pretty strong. His growls in the beginning were kind of jarring as I didn't expect him to sound so sad/in pain (I also think it has a lot to do with the actor's pitch being a tad too high for me) but his transformation scream was good.

The BR version was great in every other way except for the actual scream, in comparison it felt a little underwhelming and generic.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:16 am

Don't know between those 2 Dub, but I like the Japanese and Cantonese version.
The Cantonese version is a real berserker https://youtu.be/MuoX1fM5F20

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:46 am

Vijay wrote:I cant really decide. But personally, I'm a fan of Jap dub (Broly's scream)
Please don't refer to anything Japanese as "Jap". It's highly offensive.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:21 am

Gonstead wrote:
Vijay wrote:I cant really decide. But personally, I'm a fan of Jap dub (Broly's scream)
What about when it's capitalised (JAP) as an officially used abbreviation?

Anyway, out of the two, I definitely prefer the Brazilian dub's handling of the scene. Though I also have an affinity for FUNi's version.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

xXInfinite026Xx
Beyond Newbie

Post by xXInfinite026Xx » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:17 pm

KameRule wrote:
Gonstead wrote:
What about when it's capitalised (JAP) as an officially used abbreviation?

Anyway, out of the two, I definitely prefer the Brazilian dub's handling of the scene. Though I also have an affinity for FUNi's version.
A proper way to abbreviate Japan is "JPN". It avoids utilizing the racial slur many people unintentionally use when abbreviating Japanese.
My YouTube Channel!
Payne222 wrote:The most overrated character in Dragon Ball is Sasuke. I mean, he can't even go Bankai. How's he gonna be King of the Pirates if he sucks that bad?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm highly biased due to being Brazilian, but the PT dub sounds like it came straight out of a joke (oh, oh, oh, ora pois Maria). The screams sounds like he is taking a dump. The BR scream is not very good either, though.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Desassina wrote:https://youtu.be/8cL1H6n8xGI?t=4m

There's a whole rivalry going on the internet between Portugal and Brazil when it comes to their dubs, but I think that the Portugal version has more charisma, even if the translations feel like an abridged series' sometimes. Someone else pointed out that the PT dub is the equivalent of the Spain dub versus the Mexican dub, with the Brazil one having faithful translations, but a rather boring outcome, in my opinion.
If boring means "Not a joke" I take the Brazilian one. And how dare you say the Mexican version is boring LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:42 pm

Between those two, I would choose the Brazilian version.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.