"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:33 pm

macho_man wrote:Beerus-sama fought the Elder Kaioshin in the past... and won sealing him in the Z-Sword. Maybe it's been a battle more fierce than we think. Hakaishin (instead of Makaioshin) is the antithesis of the Kaioshin, isn't it?
Could the Eldest Kaioshin be the 5th warrior? Could he return young and strong with some special power of his own, just like happened in Saint Seiya with grandmaster Dohko? It would be pretty hilarious, and a bit original.
Its a interesting theory but unlike Dohko, I find Elder Kaioshin to be a boring character. So I wouldn't like this.
Still plausible.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Neko Majin might be a cheeky little addition. I was wondering with mention of war on earth in U6 may lead to a retcon to include Sand Land? I know that the infamous Dragon Ball wiki and a faction of proponents elsewhere in the community try to push that Lucifer and Dabra are one and the same, which I don't believe, but I could buy into h being his u6 counterpart.....

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:39 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
macho_man wrote:Beerus-sama fought the Elder Kaioshin in the past... and won sealing him in the Z-Sword. Maybe it's been a battle more fierce than we think. Hakaishin (instead of Makaioshin) is the antithesis of the Kaioshin, isn't it?
Could the Eldest Kaioshin be the 5th warrior? Could he return young and strong with some special power of his own, just like happened in Saint Seiya with grandmaster Dohko? It would be pretty hilarious, and a bit original.
Its a interesting theory but unlike Dohko, I find Elder Kaioshin to be a boring character. So I wouldn't like this.
Still plausible.
Yeah, i don't discard that theory. Ever since Kaioshin and Kibito's separation i've been wondering what was the point and where Toriyama might be going with them. That doesn't explain it, but could be connected.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:40 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Still plausible.
Beerus didn't fight Old Kai, he got mad and sealed him away. Also Beerus was Super Buu tire when he sealed away Old Kai.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 pm

What makes you think he was Super Buu tier?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:05 am

Bullza wrote:What makes you think he was Super Buu tier?
Old Kai said the person that sealed him in the Z sword wasn't as powerful as Buu.

I think Fat Buu was the one running around now that I think about it.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:12 am

Elder Kai only said he wasn't as bad as Buu not that he wasn't as powerful, which makes sense because Beerus isn't the same kind of scumbag that Buu was.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:17 am

Bullza wrote:Elder Kai only said he wasn't as bad as Buu not that he wasn't as powerful, which makes sense because Beerus isn't the same kind of scumbag that Buu was.
Old kai specifically says that there was a strong evil fellow,although probably not as strong as buu.

So yes beerus was indeed weaker than buu back then,makes sense since that was over 75 million years ago,think he had plent of time to get as powerful as now,we also know beerus trains,so he will constantly increase in power,whis also.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:38 am

buutenks wrote:So yes beerus was indeed weaker than buu back then,makes sense since that was over 75 million years ago,think he had plent of time to get as powerful as now,we also know beerus trains,so he will constantly increase in power,whis also.
Yes, I agree. It is plausible to think that Beerus wasn't this all powerful God ever since his born.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Noah wrote:
buutenks wrote:So yes beerus was indeed weaker than buu back then,makes sense since that was over 75 million years ago,think he had plent of time to get as powerful as now,we also know beerus trains,so he will constantly increase in power,whis also.
Yes, I agree. It is plausible to think that Beerus wasn't this all powerful God ever since his born.
Considering what Frieza did being born with Buu's power plus 75 million years with Whis is fine.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:16 pm

buutenks wrote:
Bullza wrote:Elder Kai only said he wasn't as bad as Buu not that he wasn't as powerful, which makes sense because Beerus isn't the same kind of scumbag that Buu was.
Old kai specifically says that there was a strong evil fellow,although probably not as strong as buu.

So yes beerus was indeed weaker than buu back then,makes sense since that was over 75 million years ago,think he had plent of time to get as powerful as now,we also know beerus trains,so he will constantly increase in power,whis also.
In the Viz manga at least, Elder Kai said there was a terrible bad guy, almost as terrible as Buu. Nothing at all about strenght.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Bullza wrote:
buutenks wrote:

In the Viz manga at least, Elder Kai said there was a terrible bad guy, almost as terrible as Buu. Nothing at all about strenght.
Depends on what he meant by "Terrible". It can either mean "evil" or "powerful" in that instance. It's a vague word in that context and not a bad translation or anything.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:50 pm

It can go either way.
Strength Checker wrote:Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P6.5, P7.2, P8.2-3
Elder Kaioshin: “That’s ri~~~ight. Lo~~~ong, lo~~~ong ago, there was this ridiculously strong and ba~~~ad dude. Well, not as much as this Majin Boo guy now, but still~~~. He did it, he se~~~ealed me away inside that sword. Me here. He was freaked out by how fearsome I am. Yep, sure wa~~~as.”
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:05 pm

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:41 pm

It can't be the old Kaioushin, he's not stronger than God Goku.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:43 pm

The mysterious character... must be Jaco's Wife.... There's no other way.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

FTW395
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FTW395 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:08 pm

Didn't Beerus say he fought the mysterious warrior around 900 years ago. Which is around the time the Original Super Saiyan God existed. (If I'm allowed to believe this http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_timeline)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:15 pm

FTW395 wrote:Didn't Beerus say he fought the mysterious warrior around 900 years ago. Which is around the time the Original Super Saiyan God existed. (If I'm allowed to believe this http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_timeline)
No, the 900 years ago line comes from the anime, and it's Whis who says it. Whis says the last time Beerus had this much fun (or something like that) was 900 years ago, so fans are assuming that was when he fought the strongest guy, but it's not really confirmed.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Battousai » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:26 am

Pretty much confirmed that either Buu or Piccolo will enter that special dimension. I'm positive that Piccolo will enter, not sure about Buu, since he's real lazy.

Hell, Piccolo needs to improve a lot. He did terrible against the Tagoma/Ginyu.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:07 am

Battousai wrote:Pretty much confirmed that either Buu or Piccolo will enter that special dimension. I'm positive that Piccolo will enter, not sure about Buu, since he's real lazy.

Hell, Piccolo needs to improve a lot. He did terrible against the Tagoma/Ginyu.
How is it pretty much confirmed? Whis was doubtful Goku and Vegeta could survive it. No matter how low one place's their base state, they should blow out the water Mr.Boo level.

Piccolo and Mr.Boo don't need to receive an upgrade to participate in the tournament. There are 3 "God Tier" fighters in our Universe(Goku,Vegeta and Freeza), not counting Beerus and Whis. I doubt the other Universe is just full of insanely strong guys.