Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:KSHA!

BAFF!
TAC!
OUTCH!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:02 pm

Well, of course he was going to win.

Noah wrote:Darn it! Looks like we'll have to deal with this old mage a little longer than I expected. Someone just need to finish him off and then we can proceed with the main plot.
But he's an essential part of the main plot, right?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:53 pm

It's clear by now that him (plus Zen Buu) are the main plot.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:44 am

This dude beat Vegetto.. I'm not surprised at all.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:08 am

I think people were assuming that because he wasn't a fighter that he'd be too slow to stop a fast fighter with magic, but really there's no reason why he can't have fast vision/fast reflexes, even if his body is slow and weak.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Wouldn't it just be the bees knees if at the inopportune moment, 18's perpetual energy battery died, and it had nothing to do with XXI?

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:05 pm

Aww, he had remote? I thought he use magic, sure Yamcha, hate guy, who kill mass murderer
Last edited by coola on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Yamcha's dialogue seems a bit stilted. But that picture of 18, though. Damn.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:31 pm

I told you all that XXI couldn't harm inorganics with his magic!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:56 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Cool story and all, but.....nothing says that he can't affect inorganics, unless there's something I've missed. Regardless, 18 is, like, 99.9% organic.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Cool story and all, but.....nothing says that he can't affect inorganics, unless there's something I've missed. Regardless, 18 is, like, 99.9% organic.
First we don't know how much organic 18 is except she can give birth. Second, if he could affect inorganics, why did he use a device to stop her?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:18 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
First we don't know how much organic 18 is except she can give birth. Second, if he could affect inorganics, why did he use a device to stop her?
Yes, we do. We know that the only technological things in 18 are her bomb and reactor, and Krillin even says that she's "mostly organic."

"Buu could have beaten Goku by turning him into a cookie. Why did he bother actually fighting him?" Because he felt like it. I mean, I don't need a flyswatter to kill flies, but I'm probably going to use one if one starts bugging me.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:"Buu could have beaten Goku by turning him into a cookie. Why did he bother actually fighting him?" Because he felt like it. I mean, I don't need a flyswatter to kill flies, but I'm probably going to use one if one starts bugging me.
Your flyswatter analogy has nothing to do with shonen tropes. If XXI needed a device to defeat 18, he couldn't defeat 18 without it. Him choosing another way because he felt like it, is not how these action series works. You can use Buu as an example, but Buu has always been a rule breaker.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:50 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:"Buu could have beaten Goku by turning him into a cookie. Why did he bother actually fighting him?" Because he felt like it. I mean, I don't need a flyswatter to kill flies, but I'm probably going to use one if one starts bugging me.
Your flyswatter analogy has nothing to do with shonen tropes. If XXI needed a device to defeat 18, he couldn't defeat 18 without it. Him choosing another way because he felt like it, is not how these action series works. You can use Buu as an example, but Buu has always been a rule breaker.
"Shonen tropes?" "Not how these action series work?"

Do you have an actual argument? Because "Guy does one thing absolutely means that he can't do another thing" is not a valid one, at all. Do you have anything actual backing up your premise? Has XXI ever indicated that he cannot affect inorganic stuff?

I mean, if you want to be pedantic, Vegetto wasn't naked when XXI sent him to another dimension. So XXI could affect Vegetto's clothes, which are inorganic.

So, we've seen XXI affect inorganic stuff already, and he's said nothing to indicate that he cannot affect inorganic stuff (to my knowledge). Try to come up with a better argument than "cuz tropes."
Malik_DBNA wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
"Shonen tropes?" "Not how these action series work?"

Do you have an actual argument? Because "Guy does one thing absolutely means that he can't do another thing" is not a valid one, at all. Do you have anything actual backing up your premise? Has XXI ever indicated that he cannot affect inorganic stuff?

I mean, if you want to be pedantic, Vegetto wasn't naked when XXI sent him to another dimension. So XXI could affect Vegetto's clothes, which are inorganic.

So, we've seen XXI affect inorganic stuff already, and he's said nothing to indicate that he cannot affect inorganic stuff (to my knowledge). Try to come up with a better argument than "cuz tropes."
You know how I know you don't have a leg to stand on? You try to use big words like Pedant as if it is the end all on a forum that 99.9% of the time you talk like a normal git like the rest of us. You can't prove I'm right, so big words time? Ha. I guess we'll just have to keep reading this comic to find out who is right, but I know you're not.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:55 pm

FoolsGil wrote: You know how I know you don't have a leg to stand on? You try to use big words like Pedant as if it is the end all on a forum that 99.9% of the time you talk like a normal git like the rest of us. You can't prove I'm right, so big words time? Ha. I guess we'll just have to keep reading this comic to find out who is right, but I know you're not.
I'm wrong because I use "big words?" Forgive me for being an educated individual with a varied vocabulary, I guess.

But please, do try to do better than "I'm right; you're not." If you have any actual backing for your side of this discussion, then make use of it. If not, then I suggest that you just don't engage in this debate.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:04 pm

FoolsGil wrote:If XXI needed a device to defeat 18, he couldn't defeat 18 without it.
Here I'm speaking as a normal DBM reader (as opposed to a translator/DBM mod with access to future plot developments - luckily all I see now doesn't have any bearing on this scene so I can speculate freely): having seen this page and remembered the previous conversation with the shadow character (possibly dragon), I thought that XXI was afraid that 18 would be too fast for him to enchant her successfully - that her reflexes were faster then his. This page's text corroborates it and it seems rational. It may or may not be true but it also fits the established character and doesn't require a rule about not influencing inorganics. Thus Occam's razor.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:16 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
You know how I know you don't have a leg to stand on? You try to use big words like Pedant as if it is the end all on a forum that 99.9% of the time you talk like a normal git like the rest of us. You can't prove I'm right, so big words time? Ha. I guess we'll just have to keep reading this comic to find out who is right, but I know you're not.
Nothing you say has actual empirical evidence to prove you are right. Kamiccolo brings in a valid point from the original series while you only bring in the argument "he uses x therefore he only has this way to win" which is in the end also just an assumption, not the greatest either. Also you are making a very brave claim with "I know you're not", when you do not. Maybe Salagir writes his story this way but as things are right now you do not know it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:34 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Because the remote was the best and most effective way of winning?

I'm not saying that you theory is wrong or right but you really can't conclude anything from that.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:35 pm

So what's the next fight?