Games You Want That Will Never Happen

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Games You Want That Will Never Happen

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 am

The S wrote:Oh.
That nonsense.
You don't like Team Four Star? Why not? (I don't care, I'm just curious.)
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:50 am

Sequel to Hyper Dimension(the Super Butoden series got Extreme Butoden,so why not?)
LoG 1 remake(LoG 2 and Buu's Fury are still perfect;y playable,but an eventual remake for all of them would be nice.)
Raging Blast 3
Sequel to Advanced Adventure
Supersonic Warriors 3(possibly to include DB Super?)
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 am

Budokai Tenkaichi 4 with up to six players at once with all of BT3's roster + Hatchiyack, Meta Cooler Core, Bio Broly, Tarble; SS3 for Vegeta, Future Trunks, Teen Gohan, Cell Games Gohan, Broly; SSJ Bardock, Chilled, Adult Gotenks, Androids 14 and 15, all the missing movie henchmen, Ledgic, the missing Shadow Dragons, Beerus, Whis, Golden Frieza, Champa, Vados and all the U6 tournament contestants, SSJ4 for Trunks, Teen Gohan, Vegito, Adult Gotenks, Broly; SSG Goku, SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, the rest of the Kaioshin.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:20 pm

I would like the return of the almighty Dragon Ball Online, that is all.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 am

A visual novel of how Kuririn wooed No. 18 into marrying him and having a family. Build up his confidence, take her on dates, then pop the question!

Don't look at me like that, you know you'd play it too.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:10 am

TheatreStyleKai wrote:A visual novel of how Kuririn wooed No. 18 into marrying him and having a family. Build up his confidence, take her on dates, then pop the question!

I will confirm or deny nothing.

Except for the fact that holy freaking dear Kami-sama would I play the hell out of that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
TheatreStyleKai wrote:A visual novel of how Kuririn wooed No. 18 into marrying him and having a family. Build up his confidence, take her on dates, then pop the question!

I will confirm or deny nothing.

Except for the fact that holy freaking dear Kami-sama would I play the hell out of that.
Depends,how're the

cough cough

endings? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:28 pm

I agree that there should be absolutely a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans, it should be called Attack of Frieza or simply Namek, or whatever. It's a true 2D JRPG, I really can't ask for more in a game - everything was perfect. I re-play it now and then but I really wish they make a continuation, because it was even hinted at the end of the game itself.

Other than that, as much as I really enjoyed Dragon Ball Online, however handicapped the gameplay and the language barrier was, I would really appreciate a proper Dragon Ball / Z MMORPG with an open world and custom characters with a modern engine like it was used in Xenoverse, or better.

I really enjoyed Xenoverse and I wish they would make a game with the same engine that retells ALL the Dragon Ball sagas and side stories in a unified game.

That would be all for now.
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:36 pm

I retract my previous suggestion.

Now I want Dragonball Online as a Action-RPG in the style of the "Legacy of Goku" games. And have it made by the Square Enix Team responsible for the current Dragon Quest games. Imagine it looking something like DQ Heroes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2nI4oDhtM

If I win the lottery I know what I'm funding.....
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:58 pm

CashmanX wrote:I retract my previous suggestion.

Now I want Dragonball Online as a Action-RPG in the style of the "Legacy of Goku" games. And have it made by the Square Enix Team responsible for the current Dragon Quest games. Imagine it looking something like DQ Heroes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2nI4oDhtM

I never actually liked the real time fighting when Dragon Ball's involved. We now know some characters move at near or over the speed of light and that just doesn't compute with the discrepancy in power levels between characters.
If a game is going to be made in the image of an existing game, it should be Blue Dragon, a Toriyama-like world with a fixed story and turn based battles. A dream come true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KWvjTRBcm4 (first battle is at 35:30~ish)
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:28 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:

I never actually liked the real time fighting when Dragon Ball's involved. We now know some characters move at near or over the speed of light and that just doesn't compute with the discrepancy in power levels between characters.
If a game is going to be made in the image of an existing game, it should be Blue Dragon, a Toriyama-like world with a fixed story and turn based battles. A dream come true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KWvjTRBcm4 (first battle is at 35:30~ish)
I would be all for this as long as the Mario Bros RPG & Stick of Truth style of being able to time your attacks for extra damage or to completely dodge enemy attacks was implemented. That's the only time turn based combat like this is remotely tolerable.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
BluePiccolo wrote:

I would be all for this as long as the Mario Bros RPG & Stick of Truth style of being able to time your attacks for extra damage or to completely dodge enemy attacks was implemented. That's the only time turn based combat like this is remotely tolerable.
Sure, something like active guard and active attack is pretty common in turn based games and it would make sense for a Dragon Ball type to introduce a little bit of interaction, but not too much *smirk*.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:32 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
BluePiccolo wrote:
Sure, something like active guard and active attack is pretty common in turn based games and it would make sense for a Dragon Ball type to introduce a little bit of interaction, but not too much *smirk*.
Is it? From a lot of JRPGs I've played it seems to be the exception rather than the rule or maybe I've just played the wrong ones lol.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:27 pm

I was going to make a post akin to this a long time ago, but I never got around to it. Though I was going to ask for a series, that way they could gradually build up the resources for all of the DBO time travel locations a little bit at a time. The games would also incorporate movie characters as side quest and stuff like the LOG games.

Game 1 - Pilaf - Red Ribbon Army Arcs
Game 2 - 22nd Budokai - 23rd Budokai Arcs
Game 3 - Saiyan - Cell Arcs
Game 4 - Buu - Champa Arcs
Game 5 - Bebi - Evil Dragons Arcs (rewritten)
Game 6 & 7 - Mixture of content from Online, Xenoverse & Heroes reworked into a single plot with a variety of arcs without a lot of recycling time travel elements to the same fights. For example, the first game could be Demon God Arc, Time Breaker Arc, and Hell Gate Arc and the next game could be whatever else Heroes comes up with in the futre.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: I was going to make a post akin to this a long time ago, but I never got around to it. Though I was going to ask for a series, that way they could gradually build up the resources for all of the DBO time travel locations a little bit at a time. The games would also incorporate movie characters as side quest and stuff like the LOG games.

Game 1 - Pilaf - Red Ribbon Army Arcs
Game 2 - 22nd Budokai - 23rd Budokai Arcs
Game 3 - Saiyan - Cell Arcs
Game 4 - Buu - Champa Arcs
Game 5 - Bebi - Evil Dragons Arcs (rewritten)
Game 6 & 7 - Mixture of content from Online, Xenoverse & Heroes reworked into a single plot with a variety of arcs without a lot of recycling time travel elements to the same fights. For example, the first game could be Demon God Arc, Time Breaker Arc, and Hell Gate Arc and the next game could be whatever else Heroes comes up with in the futre.
I dunno, that seems kinda stretched out. Unless it's one big game chopped up into episodes ala the FFVII remake, I can't see your average joe buying a pilaf-RR game.

I was thinking more a trilogy:

First game:
Basically Pilaf to 23rd Budokai in terms of story.
Naraku(sp?), revived Commander Red serve as the antagonists in age 1000, with Kamesennin and Karin serving as the support(Trunks and the Time Kaioshin don't show up until the second and third game respectively)
More open world/Wuxiaish than the sequels

Second game:
Raditz to Cell in terms of story.
May or may not include the original player chars from the first game.
Mira, Towa, Fuu and TB Bardock take the place as the new villians. Time patrol trunks replace Karin and Kamesennin as navigator/support.
Perfect cell in both main timeline and Trunks's future serves as the Final boss.
Includes Movies 1-9 as side quests.

Third game:
Buu to Champa as the story, with the Demon god arc from Xenoverse serving as the final arc.
Time Kaioshin Joins Trunks as support.
Movies 10-13 as side quests.
Not sure how to work Fuu into this. :/
Maybe more development with Towa and Dabra?
A more well developed Demigra serves as the main antagonist.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:48 pm

I don't really care if the average joe buys the games. The thread is about stuff we're never going to get. =P

I wouldn't mind if the save data transferred/connected for appropriate characters between releases either, so stats and items from your last game would be available as if you were continuing the story. I just wanted to play through all the original arcs as the original characters and I figured basically ~3 Arcs a game was the best split. It means the developers wouldn't have to cram in WAY more than a ton of content, and it honestly makes for nice splits in general.
  • Pilaf - Red Ribbon: Just because.
    The 22nd Buodokai - 23rd Budokai: A long flowing story arc. 22nd Budokai and the Daimao arc are tied together too well and the 23rd Budokai is the culmination.
    Saiyans - Cell: Another set of three arcs that flow nicely into each other. We stare with Gohan's introduction and follow up to him saving the world.
    Buu - Champa: With the introduction of Goten and Trunks, the Buu Arc really feels like a different beast from the previous arcs, so I felt it best to lump it with the Super material. Said Super material isn't very long though, so I felt okay with having more arcs crammed in.
    Bebi - Evil Dragons: I don't really consider the space portion of GT a separate arc, because it all leads to Bebi anyway. Since GT is only three arcs, just include them all. Also, while we're at it, rewrite them since games like LOG took some liberties anyway.
All the future Online/Heroes/Xenoverse era stuff beyond GT would then be split amongst the other two games with the create-a-character options (the Heroes avatars could be used as defaults if you don't want to create your own), preferably in arcs of three. The Red Pants Army and Dark Namekians would just be side quest material (unless they had bigger plans for them in DBO that were never able to be revealed).

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:14 pm

I like your ideas, but instead of Demigra, how about an adult Fuu that comes from an even more distant future?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Mine has 2 games with at least 6 arcs in the era of content. Plenty of room for Demigra & Fu.

JUGULAR

Post by JUGULAR » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:24 am

I want Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z third person shooters that go along with the story lines. For example the first one would be the Emperor Pilaf Saga.
I just can't believe they keep releasing fighting games OVER and OVER and OVER again.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 am

A game that isn't Raditz to Boo, ignoring 194 chapters like nothing happened.