"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by DI297 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Isnt the manga translated yet?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 pm

DI297 wrote:Isnt the manga translated yet?
Strangely, no if I'm not mistaken.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:21 am

omaro34 wrote:
Strangely, no if I'm not mistaken.
I dont know why it always take so much to translate this manga if all the other mangas are always translated in their release date or a day later

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:38 am

Leaks are leaks (and almost certainly happen via illegal manners with how early we usually get them). I have to say, the impatience and entitlement is becoming kinda ridiculous if fans can't even wait till the actual date of sale to pass before complaining about a lack of translation.

Maybe next month, if the chapter leaks in Korean again before we get Japanese text, I won't bother having a summary done to help tide everyone over.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Okay fellas it's friday now in japan.. Where's the big announcement?
And the japanese text/summary of the manga??
I think the U6 stuff is the big announcement for Super. We got a airing date for it and a sneak peak at the fighters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:53 am

Will the manga stop once the Champa Saga will start in the anime ?

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:00 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Leaks are leaks (and almost certainly happen via illegal manners with how early we usually get them). I have to say, the impatience and entitlement is becoming kinda ridiculous if fans can't even wait till the actual date of sale to pass before complaining about a lack of translation.

Maybe next month, if the chapter leaks in Korean again before we get Japanese text, I won't bother having a summary done to help tide everyone over.
Even if the actual date of sale pass it will still be illegal to translate it so waiting makes no sense at all

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:03 am

Two wrongs don't make the entitlement right. Especially here on Kanzenshuu, where such discussion is not allowed and discussion of said discussion is frowned upon.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:27 am

I wonder what's the name of the u6 fighters I'm really curious to find out the names of purple piccolo guy, saiyan girl/boy and frieza race dude and the iron giant robot I don't care much for Winnie the pooh bulky version because I don't like the design and it's way too childish as warrior character also same goes with Monaco but I hope Monaco has some sort of transformation gosh I just hate monaca's design it's ugly as fuck makes me wanna puke lol.... :sick: :x
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:49 am

Araki wrote:The problem with Buu being replaced after the written test is that the tournament is about to start, so the other fighters there (Kuririn, Tenshinhan, etc) didn't have time to train and prepare for this. At this point, i'd rather get Buu, as we shouldn't expect too much from the others.
You raise a very good point. What if that's the reason Gohan isn't there? Remember, they take almost three hours from Earth to that planet. If something happens with Beers' team, they can't just stop everything and go get Gohan, they need to move on because no one will wait four hours plus.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Maybe next month, if the chapter leaks in Korean again before we get Japanese text, I won't bother having a summary done to help tide everyone over.
No, definitely do it. Your and your fiance's effort is/was appreciated.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Araki wrote:The problem with Buu being replaced after the written test is that the tournament is about to start, so the other fighters there (Kuririn, Tenshinhan, etc) didn't have time to train and prepare for this. At this point, i'd rather get Buu, as we shouldn't expect too much from the others.
You raise a very good point. What if that's the reason Gohan isn't there? Remember, they take almost three hours from Earth to that planet. If something happens with Beers' team, they can't just stop everything and go get Gohan, they need to move on because no one will wait four hours plus.
How is that a problem when Goku can easily IT..?

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:23 am

Zenkashuu wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
How is that a problem when Goku can easily IT..?
The problem is goku needs to unlock to gohans energy in order to go to earth and bring him where the tournament is taking place also there's no way they can communicate telepathically because earth is very far away but maybe supreme Kai or kibito Kai can help for that matter....
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:50 am

Exactly, the planet where the tournament is being held is way too far from Earth. Well, the only way is for Kibito to teleport there but then there'd be no reason for him not to have gotten them there instead of Whis.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:58 pm

How many transformations do people think the Freeza guy will have? I say 3. And what about other characters? I think the new guy on the universe 7 team will have 1.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:How many transformations do people think the Freeza guy will have? I say 3. And what about other characters? I think the new guy on the universe 7 team will have 1.
The Saiyan will probably have Ssjb, The Freeza guy will probably have his 4th form and hopefully Monaca will have something other then his current state.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:31 pm

omaro34 wrote:
i'm wondering if the Freeza race guy also wiped out the Saiyan race from Universe 6.
I hope not. I really don't want rehashes or copy cats for the U6 fighters. That's why I hope the new Saiyan is not a rehash of Radditz, Saiyan Saga Vegeta or Broli. That's why it worries me if he is a bad guy then he may be another rehash. Evil saiyans like Turles felt like a rehash of Radditz to me.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:20 pm

So is the cover lineup showing us who the fighters will fight? I hope so, i think its perfect.

Goku vs Purple guy: obviously goku is the star so he fights the other cool looking original guy.

Vegeta vs chibi saiya: love to see the interaction between the prince of all saiyans in u6 and a saiya from u7. Lol great.

Piccolo vs freeza wannabe: lets see if the kami side of piccolo prevents him from being a racist against someone who almost drove his whole species to extinction. Or even better maybe he killed nameks of u7 and piccolo kills him out of anger and is disqualified.

Buu vs fat bear: lol anyone else think the bear will think buu looks like yummy pink candy and try to eat him, resulting in buu trying to turn him to candy and eat him. Eat off!

Nips vs robot: no one cares about a generic robot so its perfect for him to play the role of fodder to show off nips explosive power. I'm hoping he finishes the robot with nipple beams!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:20 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:
Piccolo vs freeza wannabe: lets see if the kami side of piccolo prevents him from being a racist against someone who almost drove his whole species to extinction.
There's a lot of great moments that they can write into a fight between him and someone from Freeza's race cause other then what you mentioned, in the previous arc he watched Freeza torture his pupil and got killed by him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
i'm wondering if the Freeza race guy also wiped out the Saiyan race from Universe 6.
I hope not. I really don't want rehashes or copy cats for the U6 fighters. That's why I hope the new Saiyan is not a rehash of Radditz, Saiyan Saga Vegeta or Broli. That's why it worries me if he is a bad guy then he may be another rehash. Evil saiyans like Tullece felt like a rehash of Radditz to me.
Agree, but I also don't want "opposite for the sake of opposite" and have good Freeza-race guy accompanied by butterfly-loving Saiyans next to super-evil Namekians. Some could be the opposite, some very similar, some historical events could happen completly differently (humanity going extinct on U6 Earth to do self-inflicted war) while some events could happen in a disturbingly similar fashion. It should appear like a 'natural' twin universe, not designed to be complete copy or a complete opposite
Your SSJ EOZ Goten avatar <3 :o :clap:

Sakura

Post by Sakura » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:59 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Making stuff to teach kids never turns out good.
Stuff teaches kids, whether you want it to or not. It's not about actively making that choice, it's about realizing that your work has an influence and that imposes a responsibility on you, one that you can decide to take or not, but regardless of your choice, it doesn't change the reality of the situation. Saying stuff like "don't make art out of obligation" is nothing but a bunch of empty, meaningless words that people use to excuse themselves for turning a blind eye to the truth.
Running around with a preachy message about feminism is the least condusive manner to conduct oneself.

Indeed, but that's already the case for most media franchises and, sadly, also Dragon Ball, based on the character trajectories of, say, Chichi, Android 17, and Videl, not to mention the entire persona that is Bulma. It's about balancing things out, not 'preachy messages'.
The franchise already has good female characters
:crazy:

It has, literally, zero good female characters. To even make that claim borders on the inexplicable, and soemthing tells me not even you believe what you wrote, since, if you did, this would have surely been the place to make it known which characters you are talking about. Yet, you do not. So indeed we all remain unacquinted with the good female characters of Dragon Ball, just as always.